What's new

Jax General Discussion

What’s the general consensus on Jax and his variations? Also, I really want to main him this time around, but I’m not sure if I can make him fit my style. I like to play a very patient, space-control, passive-aggressive style a la Daigo’s Guile in SF5. Is that something any variation of Jax could excel at?

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
What’s the general consensus on Jax and his variations? Also, I really want to main him this time around, but I’m not sure if I can make him fit my style. I like to play a very patient, space-control, passive-aggressive style a la Daigo’s Guile in SF5. Is that something any variation of Jax could excel at?
He hasnt really got good zoning options they more serve the purpose of getting him closer. As he plays at the moment he is a big hitter with lots of good krushing blows and 50/50s. Noob seems to be a good zoner with lots of projectiles and an anti air kick. I am going to learn him next :D

FreshPrinceOfPine

You think you're bad?
I really wish he had a variation that used the 221122 combo. Since I just got the game working on PC, I've just been messing around with kasual and using that string along side the duck and weave variation and man is it fun.

I really wish he had a variation that used the 221122 combo. Since I just got the game working on PC, I've just been messing around with kasual and using that string along side the duck and weave variation and man is it fun.
I REALLY want Duck and Weave as a tournament variation.

Tons of mix ups in one move.

but its quite useless..
not telling what his BNBs are just showing 9238923892 combos
what are you talking about? Those are his BNBs he goes from basic to complex and even shows notation. Only things that isn't shown from what I saw were things in the command list like F2,1+3

Smh, everyone has their fav combos and there is rarely a reason to use the ones with lower dmg. Be happy that people even upload their techs and combos

still useless
because if u watch him play he only uses 1 or 2 combos.
Not every combo will be optimal in every situation. Maybe he already used his krushing blow, maybe something he’s doing is a little too difficult etc etc. You're asking for too much.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
still useless
because if u watch him play he only uses 1 or 2 combos.
The variation he uses has no combo extenders outside of Krushing Blows. If your variation has a combo extender and grapple expert equped then try this for easy combos.
-Start with either 2 2, B3 or F3 3
-Then do which ever Amplified combo extender you have.
-Then finish the combo with F2 1+3 as they fall.
Also you can use F2 1+3 after his Krushing blows that pop them up for a combo.
Really simple and good damage.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
DBF cmd grab input - worst fking thing. I really fking hate it, I will rather have 1 frame link combos like in MKX than burning my thumb trying to get D1/D3 into DBF1 consistently... At least before the hotfix (consoles only) we could mix ppl up with F33,D2,B1,22 into tick throw. For some reason, for me at least, it was way easer to get tick throws from those strings than from D1/D3.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
DBF cmd grab input - worst fking thing. I really fking hate it, I will rather have 1 frame link combos like in MKX than burning my thumb trying to get D1/D3 into DBF1 consistently... At least before the hotfix (consoles only) we could mix ppl up with F33,D2,B1,22 into tick throw. For some reason, for me at least, it was way easer to get tick throws from those strings than from D1/D3.
Just d1 - bf1.
Its not that bad.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Just d1 - bf1.
Its not that bad.
I know, but I still fucking it up, even tho I practice it like crazy. Maybe it needs even more time (I never played Grapplers with Dbf moves before). But, for example, I was maining Tremor in MKX and his Flash Parry cancels really needed some tight execution but this shit seems even harder.

I know, but I still fucking it up, even tho I practice it like crazy. Maybe it needs even more time (I never played Grapplers with Dbf moves before). But, for example, I was maining Tremor in MKX and his Flash Parry cancels really needed some tight execution but this shit seems even harder.
Naw I feel you bro I was trying to practice anti airs and corner combos that end with that and my thumb was killing me

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Guys do you think there are any chances that quad grab might be as it was before the hotfix? Or atleast working WITH some strings, not just d1/d3 or d12(high anyway) ?