What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Concerning his F3 and F4 strings, the only thing that doesn't get blown up by naked reversals is F3~Grab right? I've only tested Mileena's roll.

mighty_honour_korea

HYO-OO *nut punch*
Aftet the ex ovethead punch into the run cancel f21xx ender. Its driving me up the wall for something thats a "bread n butter"
This combo can be broken down into three parts.

Part one is the JIP, F21, EX DP, which you've already mastered. But make sure you're not holding down the whole time after you've input the EX DP command, just hold it for a fraction of a second as the DP is coming out to get the overhead and then let go immediately. That'll make it easier to execute the run input quickly.

Part two is the run, F21. You should input the run command just as the flash from the EX DP disappears from Jax's character model. When you execute the run, just tap the trigger right as you press the second directional input and continue holding the directional input for the first F21. You should consider this whole block of inputs as one smooth motion. Forward, forward (hold the second one), flick the trigger just as you press the second direction input and once you let go of the trigger, swipe 21 with your thumb.

Part three is the 11, F21, DP. After you hit the first F21 there's about a second or two interval before you should execute the 11. Hit the practice bot with a jumping overhead to launch it and practice hitting it with a F21 followed with 11 to get the timing right if you have to. You can input the second F21 almost immediately after the 11, comparatively its a very small gap.

If the combo carries them to the corner then instead of ending with F21 DP, you can F212, 11, 12-gotcha grab for 42% (I believe). You can use EX gotcha to extend it further for as much as 52%.

You shouldn't be mashing buttons frantically to pull of this combo. It requires correct timing, not necessarily quick fingers.

Last edited:
I'm strongly considering picking up Jax once I get back to being comfortable with Sub Zero. What's the best variation to use for somebody just starting out with him?

I noticed Tyrant doing 1,2,3xxRocket Launcher but I can't get the cancel to come out. Is this the wrong string or something? Maybe it was patched in and PC doesn't have it yet? If you're willing to take the time you can view the twitch.tv/yomi_gaming vods to see what I'm talking about

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I noticed Tyrant doing 1,2,3xxRocket Launcher but I can't get the cancel to come out. Is this the wrong string or something? Maybe it was patched in and PC doesn't have it yet? If you're willing to take the time you can view the twitch.tv/yomi_gaming vods to see what I'm talking about
I asked about this a couple days ago after being frustrated and it has yet to be patched in PC version. Really annoying because its really good string to be able to cancel from.

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
im new to jax forums. what varation does everyone think is the best want to learn jax. i would assume pumped up but its -7 so thats a big draw back.

Drecker

GET CITY.
Quick little one-bar midscreen Rocket cancel video I threw together showcasing decent damage and extremely corner-carrying combos. These are super match practical and honestly pretty important if you want to get the most out of Heavy Weapons.

Edit: You can -sort of- buffer the run by plinking db2~block xx dash, but if you're not smooth you'll go straight into a block or end up EX'ing the rocket. I recommend trying both to figure out what's easiest for you, but I personally don't bother buffering.

Jun_Dp101

Don't mess with the bess
Quick little one-bar midscreen Rocket cancel video I threw together showcasing decent damage and extremely corner-carrying combos. These are super match practical and honestly pretty important if you want to get the most out of Heavy Weapons.

Edit: You can -sort of- buffer the run by plinking db2~block xx dash, but if you're not smooth you'll go straight into a block or end up EX'ing the rocket. I recommend trying both to figure out what's easiest for you, but I personally don't bother buffering.
if they block the b3 and you start rocket run canceling you could get punished right

I love pumped up although the gotcha is not as safe as the other 2.I see alot players who zone Jax because of his pressure game.The ground pound hits zoners unless they jump out of it and punish. The EX version is guarantee damage to finish round,also if you trading projectiles and time the GP right it goes under most of them.I just like fact it shuts down zoners and you still have good pressure game.

Sublime

Stop blocking my hits with your face!
I started out as Pumped but eventually went went HW due long range AA projectiles BUT

Whats the diff in corner combos with Wrestler since i havent really tryed that one and i somehow feel its the "weakest" can somebody explain some of its uses compared to Pumped and HW?

*but takeda keeps people away full screen majority of the time
They also choke when you rush them. Keep the pressure up with F21 and Run. The F21 will sometimes catch him as he does his Jump back and Aerial Whip move. If it does then you get an easy f21,11,f21 gotcha or superman and then go say hello in the corner

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
They also choke when you rush them. Keep the pressure up with F21 and Run. The F21 will sometimes catch him as he does his Jump back and Aerial Whip move. If it does then you get an easy f21,11,f21 gotcha or superman and then go say hello in the corner
Okay, I'll give it a shot!