What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

eexcaliburr

Ancestors... oh, nevermind
In sum, who's still maining Jax? Tyrant shined in MK9 and was best Jax IMO (remember hypest Mirror Tyrant-CD Jr?). In MKX was very useful to watch him from day one. I followed Jupiter too. But now I can't find good Jax players at all :(

Last edited:

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
In sum, who's still maining Jax? Tyrant shined in MK9 and was best Jax IMO (remember hypest Mirror Tyrant-CD Jr?). In MKX was very useful to watch him from day one. I followed Jupiter too. But now I can't find good Jax players at all :(
Nobody uses him but that has nothing to do with how good/bad the character is. Nobody uses Jacqui but she's still strong

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
jax got wrecked by the patch, and loses even worse to zoners and Sub now that he lost his main armor.

eexcaliburr

Ancestors... oh, nevermind
Nobody uses him but that has nothing to do with how good/bad the character is. Nobody uses Jacqui but she's still strong
No no, I like dat afro-american, he's my main in any case.
I was curious about pro gamers because want to find recorded games and get some experience.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Tyrant didn't do anything after the beginning of this games life span and Ominous only went to 1 major didnt he? I know he was at that Texas regional and did well
True, but don't forget this was when Jax was the most honest character in the game with characters like kung lau having a +24 orb hat and raiden with a 6frame mid, plus countless other characters with ridiculousness- it was and would be a struggle for any jax player against that kinda comp. I still think Tyrant is a beast, played him in a set once and his reactions and execution are redic. But unfortunately i think life got in the way of tyrant doing more in the FGC. I still don't rate jupiter because i think he plays a bit too yolo rather than conditioning but he is wrestlers best representation so far and really made the character stand out so kudos to him for that.

Last edited:

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
I still main HW even tho i feel like he has a handy cap. But im beginning to get used to the tea-bagging in-between cancels on hit confirm to hit his pre-patch combos now. Just hope you don't run into a GM sub but apart from that its punish everything, punish jumps, punish whiffed pokes and get them to that corner and then grab some tea and biscuits and watch them panic and kill themselves

TheGangstaFace

True, but don't forget this was when Jax was the most honest character in the game with characters like kung lau having a +24 orb hat and raiden with a 6frame mid, plus countless other characters with ridiculousness- it was and would be a struggle for any jax player against that kinda comp. I still think Tyrant is a beast, played him in a set once and his reactions and execution are redic. But unfortunately i think life got in the way of tyrant doing more in the FGC. I still don't rate jupiter because i think he plays a bit too yolo rather than conditioning but he is wrestlers best representation so far and really made the character stand out so kudos to him for that.
Hmm. Idk tbh. I'd have to look back but I recall Jax being really stupid pre XL but yeah if life didn't get in the way I'm sure he could've done better. As far as Jupiter goes, I do believe he had a few tops 8's though

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Hmm. Idk tbh. I'd have to look back but I recall Jax being really stupid pre XL but yeah if life didn't get in the way I'm sure he could've done better. As far as Jupiter goes, I do believe he had a few tops 8's though
No doubt he could actually be the jax with the most achievements on mkx. He is a good player i just have issues with his play style i think its a lot of coin flips and also no one really knew how to play against wrestler then so he had that advantage.

Na jax has always been the most balanced character in the game in my opinion. The only thing that has changed since day 1 Jax was his F21 hitbox got increased because it used to whiff a lot on all female or small hurtbox characters so his midscreen bnb just wouldn't work on those characters.

His cancel mechanic was slightly adjusted and his d3 was plus on block. Apart from that and the resent overhaul jax has been the same since day 1. I know because Undeadjim and i pretty much mained him since day 1.

TheGangstaFace

No doubt he could actually be the jax with the most achievements on mkx. He is a good player i just have issues with his play style i think its a lot of coin flips and also no one really knew how to play against wrestler then so he had that advantage.

Na jax has always been the most balanced character in the game in my opinion. The only thing that has changed since day 1 Jax was his F21 hitbox got increased because it used to whiff a lot on all female or small hurtbox characters so his midscreen bnb just wouldn't work on those characters.

His cancel mechanic was slightly adjusted and his d3 was plus on block. Apart from that and the resent overhaul jax has been the same since day 1. I know because Undeadjim and i pretty much mained him since day 1.
They nerfed his damage by like 6-7% on his max combos (they buffed the damage again with the hotfix though). Bruh even after XL and pre October patch he had the second best armor breaking in the game (Id put FF Liu ahead of him) and Jax (at least Wrestler) is covered in safe and plus strings and had a couple armored launchers and some of the craziest mixups in the game. Imo Jax was a dirty ass character lmao. I think pre patch Wrestler was 7-9. I think HW was good too but a lot more fair. Still dirty but he had the most honest cancels in the game. Pumped Up has always been average to me

TheGangstaFace

I mean think about it. Pre October, Wrestlers only weakness was "zoning." Before the recent stamina changes and when he had armored dash punch. Wrestler was so dumb. And if he opens you up with his 50/50's or Mixups, you're instantly moving into your new home (the corner) for 37% and why even try armor out?

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
They nerfed his damage by like 6-7% on his max combos (they buffed the damage again with the hotfix though). Bruh even after XL and pre October patch he had the second best armor breaking in the game (Id put FF Liu ahead of him) and Jax (at least Wrestler) is covered in safe and plus strings and had a couple armored launchers and some of the craziest mixups in the game. Imo Jax was a dirty ass character lmao. I think pre patch Wrestler was 7-9. I think HW was good too but a lot more fair. Still dirty but he had the most honest cancels in the game. Pumped Up has always been average to me
Oh Ye forgot about the damage nerf.

I agree with the armour breaking but matey mate he needed that
:DOGE

Jax is like - boom stop trying to armour biatch make yourself at home

But dude still how did jax do in tournament? He looked amazing on paper but even with ggpo he wasn't as successful as he should have been. All things considered

- Cassie 6frame armour plus invincibility nut punch.

-Quan chi and takeda hard to blockables

-Tanya

-d'vorah

-Johnny cage d4 low profiling pokes

I mean dude jax was honest as fuck compared to who he had to contend with in tournament

TheGangstaFace

But dude still how did jax do in tournament? He looked amazing on paper but even with ggpo he wasn't as successful as he should have been. All things considered

-Tanya

-d'vorah

I mean dude jax was honest as fuck compared to who he had to contend with in tournament
Well I mean........he made tops 8s....lol. There were for sure dumber characters but that exactly mean he was honest. Pre Oct, Lao was (Tempest still is) honest. Cybernetic is honest. I don't consider Jax honest though. We can agree to disagree lol

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy

-Tanya

-d'vorah

I'd agree. Not counting his mixups tho, they are still kinda fucked up. On the other hand, 90% of the characters in this game have mixups so...