What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

HateMe!

Noob
Why does everyone think that HW is garbage?
He trades plasma gimmicks for hitconfirms/punishes into 25%+ meterless.
Hits around 35% for a bar with LAW cancel into 12~EX DDP, which is consistent on females.
He has at least 2 cancels that are +
His buttons are still good.

Tweedy

Noob
Hits around 35% for a bar with LAW cancel into 12~EX DDP, which is consistent on females.
Yeah and 3b2 is pretty easy off of F3 and B3, leading to good midscreen combos.

Tweedy

Noob
11~LC 3b2 isn't that hard too. 25% meterless + corner carry isn't bad for a 6 frame punish. 30% if you can end the combo with f212, 124~GG.
And when you're in corner have fun vs b3 that's plus on block -
Yeah so he's basically like current Cutthroat. Low is slightly plus and overhead is pretty punishable. Not bad at all imo.

11 into 3b2 is actually really good shit wow. I was just settling for 123 into 123 dash punch.

HateMe!

Noob
About the overhead... b2 held for a half of second isn't bad too. 1/3 screen overhead that's +2 on block, more if you hold it a bit longer. Reactable, but in corner they can't backdash, so if they're scared to press buttons they either get hit for 9% and good knd or block and you're still at least +2.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Terrible armour with whiff issues and struggles against zoners a lot now - he is sorta ok but might as well play wrestler and not counter pick yourself lol

HateMe!

Noob
Terrible armour with whiff issues and struggles against zoners a lot now - he is sorta ok but might as well play wrestler and not counter pick yourself lol
I don't really see the advantage of wrestler tbh, his grab is meh and he struggles to get in as well.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Thanks for your valuable input.

Why do people think that -3 command grab which is death on whiff is better than being safe on everything and having meterless damage?

EDIT: Ok, he has Plasma instead of shitty projectiles, I can see that being an advantage.
Duck-able plasma - S4 into plasma is the only jailing plasma pressure. Even tho i think HW was better pre-patch i have to agree with Gangsta face, in the new patch wrestler excels. He has a lot of mix ups with the command grab. But pre-patch wrestler had nothing on HW pressure and corner mix-ups plus the re-stand he has with his uzi

For wrestlers mix-ups tho : For example lets just look at 12, 123 and 124 - so 12 OH, 123 OH, 124 CG, 12 (which is -3) then ex CG he has a lot of options just from those 2 strings and the stagger options. CG non ex isn't that much damage but it all adds up. I also think he gets the most damage in the corner for a bar in wrestler

HateMe!

Noob
For wrestlers mix-ups tho : For example lets just look at 12, 123 and 124 - so 12 OH, 123 OH, 124 CG, 12 (which is -3) then ex CG he has a lot of options just from those 2 strings and the stagger options. CG non ex isn't that much damage but it all adds up. I also think he gets the most damage in the corner for a bar in wrestler
HW has less mixup options but IS SAFE. Has the exact same problems with getting in as Wrestler.
Wrestler does 2-3% more but you have to end in command grab with shitty hit advantage, otherwise it's the same as HW and less than PU.
I mained Wrestler for a long time - Couldn't be arsed to learn LAW cancels :D But I think they're kind of equal at the moment, it's just a choice if you want to be safe or have another mixup option for 14% and -3 when it hits.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
HW has less mixup options but IS SAFE. Has the exact same problems with getting in because. He does 2-3% more but you have to end in command grab with shitty hit advantage.
I mained Wrestler for a long time - Couldn't be arsed to learn LAW cancels :D But I think they're kind of equal at the moment, it's just a choice if you want to be safe or have another mixup option for 14% and -3 when it hits.
Ow common learn the law cancels and join the struggle bus

Tweedy

Noob
Good Dragon might be one of the top 3 worst posters on TYM.

No one said anything about jailing. Plus doesn't = jailing lol. Stop being so aggressive when your fundamental knowledge is very poor.

S3 plasma jails btw. "S4 is the only one that jails", why are you so aggressive when your knowledge of the game and even your own character is so poor? You could maybe add in an "I think", here or there, so that when you're wrong, you don't look so stupid.

The Jax forum is quickly becoming one of the worst active ones on TYM, due to aggressive opinions on the current standing of Jax, that are being formed by people who have clearly put whining as a precedent over actually learning the game and leveling up.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Good Dragon might be one of the top 3 worst posters on TYM.

No one said anything about jailing. Plus doesn't = jailing lol. Stop being so aggressive when your fundamental knowledge is very poor.

S3 plasma jails btw. "S4 is the only one that jails", why are you so aggressive when your knowledge of the game and even your own character is so poor? You could maybe add in an "I think", here or there, so that when you're wrong, you don't look so stupid.

The Jax forum is quickly becoming one of the worst active ones on TYM, due to aggressive opinions on the current standing of Jax, that are being formed by people who have clearly put whining as a precedent over actually learning the game and leveling up.
If im one of the top 3 shit posters on tym your number 1.

Really you think you can talk with the bull you have posted and your continuous over bragging and over estimation of your future tournament placements that you end up walking home with your tail between your legs after failing?

Ye i already spoke to STRIKIE about it- i miss read it and thought he was implying it jails. There is nothing aggressive about it lol. It's just the way your reading it. I haven't posted in the jax forum for ages.

I don't play wrestler like that so i didn't know about S3 my bad sue me will ya.

"clearly put whining as a precedent over actually learning the game and leveling up"
- you started labbing jax after your alien got nerfed so why havent you used "leveled up and used him in tournament and put your money where your mouth is? Don't worry ill wait.

The difference is i actually admit if i get something wrong and put my hand up about it which is a lot more than i can say about you who goes quite when you have been proved wrong.

You have contributed to the thread in a negative way your message should have been a PM message but you love attention so lets just talk about something that will make the thread go even further in the wrong direction on the thread ye? genius

I used to take you seriously now your just comedy

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Thanks for your valuable input.

Why do people think that -3 command grab which is death on whiff is better than being safe on everything and having meterless damage?

EDIT: Ok, he has Plasma instead of shitty projectiles, I can see that being an advantage.
It's just funny to me that you put in so much time to a useless/bad variation but you know nothing about Wrestler lol. I honestly just get tired of explaining why the variation is the best one and good. Go look at my guide and look at the stupid mind games wrestler has and he's the only variation with side switch combos as well. He also takes advantage of a lot of things that's the other 2 variations can't

HateMe!

Noob
It's just funny to me that you put in so much time to a useless/bad variation but you know nothing about Wrestler lol. I honestly just get tired of explaining why the variation is the best one and good. Go look at my guide and look at the stupid mind games wrestler has and he's the only variation with side switch combos as well. He also takes advantage of a lot of things that's the other 2 variations can't
I've already read your guide and played him since the release. I didn't put 'so much time' into HW, just took him to lab for a day after everyone claimed it's one of the worst variations in the game.
I'm not saying he's worse than HW, I'm just saying that HW is just downplayed hard and has advantages over Wrestler.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
I've already read your guide and played him since the release. I didn't put 'so much time' into HW, just took him to lab for a day after everyone claimed it's one of the worst variations in the game.
I'm not saying he's worse than HW, I'm just saying that HW is just downplayed hard and has advantages over Wrestler.
I can agree with that. He definitely has a couple advantages but I just don't think his pros outweigh his cons compared to the other 2 variations. Also his command grab isn't -3. If that were so he wouldn't be able to stuff Lao's and Cassie's 7f wakeups. It also side switches and does 14% meterless

HateMe!

Noob
I can agree with that. He definitely has a couple advantages but I just don't think his pros outweigh his cons compared to the other 2 variations. Also his command grab isn't -3. If that were so he wouldn't be able to stuff Lao's and Cassie's 7f wakeups. It also side switches and does 14% meterless
Every version, ~b as well?
I always thought it's just the opponent not knowing the matchup and respecting shit too much. :D

Some other small HW stuff:
4~EX Rocket deals 5% chip and is safe on block.
d4~LC is safe, gives enough advantage on hit to jail into 12 and mixup. I'm super bad at cancels but it could probably jail into b3 as well?