What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
jax is still trash untill they fix his dash punch and give him his armor back...

i think jax fall from maybe 10th in top tiers to shit tier now is due to that alone his force to walk full screen in certain match up with no option at all to punish certain things.

when he had at least armor on his dash punch you could trade or punish for what 14% ? but at least you have a knock down. Any RIP jax
He's not thaaaaaaaat bad

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
On paper, he looks pretty bad. People try to downplay how shit he is, but you have to ask yourself: What tools does he really have?

With the nerf to 1,1, his plus on block pressure is effectively shit against anybody with a 6 frame poke or mid-hitting special. The only real plus frames he gets anymore come from Energy Wave, and the enornous gap makes that risky to the point of unviability to use as anything other than occasionally.

With the exception of PU's GG (which is still -9 on block), he has terrible armor options. bf4 used to be a risky gimmick Jax would throw out to catch people neutral ducking, and that move still whiffed on good reads. dbf1 has absolutely no range.

He has gaps all over the place and does some of the lowest midscreen meterless damage in the game. His corner damage is nothing special anymore after all the accumulated nerfs he has received, and armor breaking with 1,2 or d3 ex-gotcha is no longer a thing.

He has a six frame stand 1 and a relatively fast 50/50 out of his 1,2 string (gap between 123 and any special over 9 frames, by the way). F2,1 is a decent advancing mid, but as mentioned earlier, due to buffs to the rest of the cast +1 doesn't mean so much to him.

Without a reliable mid hitting special attack to end combos or stuff pokes with (now that ex-bf2d no longer has armor) he is even more free to low profiling than ever before, which is saying something because that was already his primary weakness.

For the sake of transparency, I will admit that that this is all based on what I see on paper, and my knowledge of Jax's attacks. I haven't so much as entered practice mode in MKX since well over a month before the 10/24 patch, so if I am wrong, I am wrong. My contention is simply that he has far fewer and much riskier tools than almost all of the other characters.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Imo i think HW is straight garbage. (Useless)

PU is fine but I really just use him for mu's.

Wrestler is still the go to variation for me. He has the most options and the best pressure. Wrestler makes people wanna spend bar to get out

of course but no pros will use him cause they all know his garbage now and its frustrating to see that NRS doesnt care to fix the bug so what they did to fix the armor glitch is to remove the armor all together....

NRS are focusing only on injustice 2 and imo problably wont release any other fix anytime soon.

TheGangstaFace

I miss pre patch jax /:
I consider Wrestler A tier. I think he's fine. Heavy weapons needs help and I think Pumped Up serves its purpose. Although I wish it had a slight tweak, like more hit advantage on the ground pounds or maybe a little less recovery. I'd prefer the hit advantage though because i feel like it doesn't have to be respected

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
I consider Wrestler A tier. I think he's fine. Heavy weapons needs help and I think Pumped Up serves its purpose. Although I wish it had a slight tweak, like more hit advantage on the ground pounds or maybe a little less recovery. I'd prefer the hit advantage though because i feel like it doesn't have to be respected
I just miss the corner carry tbh and how easy it was to get in

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
The corner carry hasn't changed, unless you're referring to HW? I miss armored dash punch too but I still think he has great tools for getting in
Yes it has, since ohdp doesn't have armor is close to useless but still somewhat viable and he does not have great get on tools. Especially since everyone can poke him out of everything. And don't even get me started on his reversals

TheGangstaFace

Yes it has, since ohdp doesn't have armor is close to useless but still somewhat viable and he does not have great get on tools. Especially since everyone can poke him out of everything. And don't even get me started on his reversals
Most characters lost armored launchers. It's used for combos and mixups idk what you mean. And he has dash punch still, D1D2 low profiles high projectiles and advances you forward, a good projectile, good jump attacks, and an unblockable launcher, and F21. And if you play smart with him it's not that easy to poke out of his pressure

eexcaliburr

Ancestors... oh, nevermind
I really don't know how a 9f advancing overhead is useless, wololooo
If you talking about bf2d - it's 13 frames, not 9.

Viable but still pretty useless
Agree with you, but in some cases it works.
Maybe he's still can be at least A+ ?

Actually, I think he's good. In current meta Wrestler can create some decent pressure and save game. His double-poke tool d1,d2~special more useful now, due to the fact that there is no armor launchers any more. 1,1 -> d1~ also still good option, and viable in some cases. f3 is fine to crash pokes, must use normal. Energy Wave is a great pressure tool with potential. Solid mixups. If opponent forced to guess - he already lost. If opponent in the corner - it's half the work.
Unfourtunatly, all variations lacked with getting in even more now, has really bad matchups with Predator, Sub, maybe Takeda and Shinnok etc. Wake-up game became worse because EX bf4 has strange hitbox and misses low-profile d4's and specials, it's realy annoying.

TheGangstaFace

If you talking about bf2d - it's 13 frames, not 9.

Agree with you, but in some cases it works.

Maybe he's still can be at least A+ ?

Actually, I think he's good. In current meta Wrestler can create some decent pressure and save game. His double-poke tool d1,d2~special more useful now, due to the fact that there is no armor launchers any more. 1,1 -> d1~ also still good option, and viable in some cases. f3 is fine to crash pokes, must use normal. Energy Wave is a great pressure tool with potential. Solid mixups. If opponent forced to guess - he already lost. If opponent in the corner - it's half the work.
Unfourtunatly, all variations lacked with getting in even more now, has really bad matchups with Predator, Sub, maybe Takeda and Shinnok etc. Wake-up game became worse because EX bf4 has strange hitbox and misses low-profile d4's and specials, it's realy annoying.
It can also completely whiff through characters that use advancing moves on oki. Also HQT can be bad but if you get him in the corner it's ggs

eexcaliburr

Ancestors... oh, nevermind
Poser Paul, sadly that even you disappointed in Jax. You always said he's fine, even after all nerfes. Is it so bad now?
I play online and far from pro-level, but It seems for me, that Wrestler and Pumped can handle with most of the cast with right strategy.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
Poser Paul, sadly that even you disappointed in Jax. You always said he's fine, even after all nerfes. Is it so bad now?
I play online and far from pro-level, but It seems for me, that Wrestler and Pumped can handle with most of the cast with right strategy.
I'm probably just over exaggerating, its just that everytime I use jax its such a hard time