What's new

Jax and Kitana revealed in MK11

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
They said there wont be fightable NPC's that are actual previously playable mortal kombat characters. I'm sure generic npcs could still be a thing. There for sure will be cameos.

Also i think we arn't seeing any cameos in any of these trailers, because they don't want people to get the wrong impression like we did with Rain in MKX. when he kicked Kotal off the building in the trailer, everyone thought he'd be playable. so i'm assuming they are trying to avoid that and we wont see cameo's until we actually play the game.
Ok right, I remember that now with the not fighting any NPC's this time. Was about to say when did they say no NPC's in general lol. Yeah that's a good point, I think it's safe to say this time if we don't see NPC's in story mode or even if we do, only time will tell if they're DLC or not down the line.
Gonna be honest, not a fan. They'd have to get rid of the raccoon eyes and hair.
Oh shit it's PINK for MK?! lol:p:eek:

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I never once stated that I had an issue with her being depicted as Asian. I’m just unsure why certain people on Reddit and TYM are acting as if she’s definitively Asian and NRS have been doing her dirty for 26 years.

MK Legacy (lol) and unused concept art/early design that has no relevance to the character’s official identity and final design doesn’t really substantiate your argument, however. Jade was once portrayed by a Russian-Mongolian, but would a visibly pale Jade make any sense?
I didn't say you had an issue with it! But you said she 'has never been depicted as Asian', which is simply not true. She was Asian in the original unused concept art and they cast her Asian in the most recent live action series. I also think her face in MK9 looked Asian or mixed-race with Asian features. It's clear that as far as NRS is concerned she's generalized 'exotic' and they change it up when they feel like it.

Skin color is a bit different from facial features imo but ymmv. Obviously neither Kitana nor Jade actually corresponds to an earth race.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Holy fuck, this is the best trailer NRS has ever put out. Whoever said rap wasn't the MK aesthetic?
Well, there’s a difference. This is from when rap was actually good. Modern rap (like what we got in the first trailer) is pure garbage.

Espio

Kokomo
Kitana has never been Asian or depicted as such, though? Not sure where people are getting the idea that the daughter of Sindel and JERROD is Asian. I can’t demember a single instance where Kitana wasn’t doe-eyed and blatantly Mediterranean or Middle Eastern in appearance.
I didn't say you had an issue with it! But you said she 'has never been depicted as Asian', which is simply not true. She was Asian in the original unused concept art and they cast her Asian in the most recent live action series. I also think her face in MK9 looked Asian or mixed-race with Asian features. It's clear that as far as NRS is concerned she's generalized 'exotic' and they change it up when they feel like it.

Skin color is a bit different from facial features imo but ymmv. Obviously neither Kitana nor Jade actually corresponds to an earth race.
In Shaolin Monks unmasked she looked very Asian and it wouldn't be the first time Shaolin Monks or other games informed the design as Shaolin Monks Reptile made its way into Mortal Kombat Armageddon. MK Gold to me also looked somewhat Asiatic.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I love her look, but I think Kitana may be unfinished in the clip. Others have received updates which has changed their look (eg Scarlet).

Her fan looks pretty low rent in the picture.

Holy shit I might just have to play the story to its completion first. The online will always be there, I'm to invested in this story! Looks awesome!

Reactions: Zev