What's new

General/Other - Jason Voorhees Jason Voorhees General Discussion Thread

hi guys, so whats your follow up with the slasher f+2 overhead? thanks! df1 whiffs a lot, same with bf2, bf3 sends them flying away. thanks!

E

Eldriken

Sup dudes! Check out this video I made, I love this character

lmfaooooo WOW. That disc hit you at the perfect time. I don't think you were at 4% health before it hit you, either. So you wouldn't have gotten 56% from the X-Ray if not for that. Legit as fuck. XD

Also, watch the video again as it shows Jason's leg while he's walking away. Predator's laser thing is glitched onto his leg. LOL

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Well he wouldve died anyway so I dont think his armor break had anything to do with it
? I'm not sure what you mean. If I didn't break his armor, I would have been x-rayed.

Edit: He wouldn't have had to absorb all of the damage without the armor-breaking.

Last edited:

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
lmfaooooo WOW. That disc hit you at the perfect time. I don't think you were at 4% health before it hit you, either. So you wouldn't have gotten 56% from the X-Ray if not for that. Legit as fuck. XD

Also, watch the video again as it shows Jason's leg while he's walking away. Predator's laser thing is glitched onto his leg. LOL
It was perfect, I felt legitimately like Jason lol

Umm.... It too late for me to jump back on this guy?

If I can't beat'em then I might as well join'em I guess.
No. I think Jayden is pretty easy to learn if you have a good grasp of fundamentals.

Welcome to the Jensen brigade! Which variation(s) are you playing?
thanks, whats your combo after b3,u1? in slasher i mean. b1 and f4 doesnt reach :(
B3,U1~Run, 1,2~1,1,1xxBloodshed | 26% – It requires a very short run cancel right after the recovery of B3,U1 ends. The 1,1,1 string will not connect if it's done at the earliest frames after 1,2 – the opponent has to fall a little for the whole string and Bloodshed to connect.
For swag: B3,U1~Run, 1,2~1,2~1,2xxBloodshed | 25%

They're consistent on the female hitbox (D'Vorah's, at least.) To assist in learning the combos, here is a video:

(Hyperlink.)

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I like slasher a lot. I'm very much aware of how he should be played from how he is played online but I do run into the rare slasher who just gives my kano in all 3 variations a serious and vexing run for my money.

So I would but slasher has my 2nd. Relentless should be my #1 till I feel more comfortable with this variation.

I do have some basic questions to ask to start me off though if they can be answered.

The mist teleports. They look good to use but I run into many who don't. Why? I really do wonder why it's so underutilized.
Is there not potential damaging mixup there or are they a little to inconsistent to land?

His command and tick throws are very much like Kano's so the learning curve should be minimal but what should I stay away from?

Am I wrong to think Relentless is more dangerous of wiffs from the opponent and good reads to pressure them into the corner to cut off the rest of the level? So I could use the clock and the guaranteed damage buff?

Why is he so blasted good?

Slasher is my favorite variation. His projectile in this variation is nothing to write off either. Its a mid that does 9% lol. The ex is 15% and has a hit of armor and the both got their recover reduced in xl. Hes by no means a zoner but its great with the increased machete range on his attacks and the 9f b1

Harry Otter

Zoning Master
The mist teleports. They look good to use but I run into many who don't. Why? I really do wonder why it's so underutilized.
Is there not potential damaging mixup there or are they a little to inconsistent to land?

His command and tick throws are very much like Kano's so the learning curve should be minimal but what should I stay away from?

Am I wrong to think Relentless is more dangerous of wiffs from the opponent and good reads to pressure them into the corner to cut off the rest of the level? So I could use the clock and the guaranteed damage buff?

Why is he so blasted good?
careful with mist, players who can read at a 3rd grade level can punish you severely any time you even think of misting. You gotta try and predict them whiffing and throw it out hoping you can punish them consistently (freaking gamble online 100% of the time) and or start up some mind games if they plan to block. You use it sparingly =D

For the command throws I can only speak from a Sun God perspective and it's been fairly easy to learn Jasons throws effectively. I just hate the input; it's such a pain to do sometimes. Room for error was constant for me at the beginning.

Damage buff is a good strategy, sometimes I just take hits to get Damned and try to win but at the same time it's kind of risky with the reduced health. Just play smart and monitor your meter well because there's so much more to utilize with Jason rather than with a buffed Xray.

I love Relentless, Pursuit is super fun to mess with people with. =D

Ok, to me this character seems very good. Especially relentless.. he has overhead/low mixups, that seem to be safe. He can string into an over 20% unblockable command grab, has a DAMN NEAR safe teleport, has a full-screen close line that is safe unless he somehow misses, has MULTIPLE wake ex options including an unblockable grab and sometimes I can't even jump it bcuz he grabs me out of the air anyway.. then to top it off he has his invincibility move that is PERFECT for finishing matches, and a moves that reverses his opponents controls. And now he has a 56% X-ray? Is that variation specific? ummm, I think I'm done hearing people complain about this character.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Ok, to me this character seems very good. Especially relentless.. he has overhead/low mixups, that seem to be safe. He can string into an over 20% unblockable command grab, has a DAMN NEAR safe teleport, has a full-screen close line that is safe unless he somehow misses, has MULTIPLE wake ex options including an unblockable grab and sometimes I can't even jump it bcuz he grabs me out of the air anyway.. then to top it off he has his invincibility move that is PERFECT for finishing matches, and a moves that reverses his opponents controls. And now he has a 56% X-ray? Is that variation specific? ummm, I think I'm done hearing people complain about this character.
I agree with most of what you wrote, but referring to lake mist as "DAMN NEAR" safe is definitely an exaggeration. It's very easily punishable, and honestly, the only safe way to use it is to use ex-lake mist to punish overzealous zoners on a read.

I think it's still very early for tier talk post KP2 patch, but I think Jason is "pretty solid." If I had to guess, I'd say he ends up somewhere in the high mid tier region, once we are all said and done.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Slasher is my favorite variation. His projectile in this variation is nothing to write off either. Its a mid that does 9% lol. The ex is 15% and has a hit of armor and the both got their recover reduced in xl. Hes by no means a zoner but its great with the increased machete range on his attacks and the 9f b1
machete toss has always been underrated/underutilized