What's new

Jade General Discussion Thread

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Does un-amp'd Vanishing Winds still have the bit of pushback on block too? I guess that doesnt matter as much with it being safe now, but it would be a nice boon for avoiding the resulting poke after being -4.

Concerning Divine Forces, that would have been me. If it can actually be confirmed into, that means this is the ONE Jade variation with an enhanced launcher. Do you know what all strings / normals can combo into it?

Side note: sure love PC not getting patches at the same time so I have to just vicariously experience the patch through others.
I'm not sure if they changed the pushback, short pokes will whiff after but probably not some of the better D1's, at minus 3 though I think it will be pretty easy to worm your way out.

On Divine Forces, I think we just got confused. I mean that you can actually combo from the amplified version's launch if they move into it. Not like you can actually combo into it from a string.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Where my bitches at? Patch Notes yall

· Jade - Added the Kompetitive Mode preset "Untamable" which has the following Abilities - Divine Forces (1), Vanishing Winds (1), and Deadly Assassin (1)

· Jade - adjusted the hit reactions of all hits of Playtime Is Over (Front Kick, Back Punch, Back Punch)

· Jade - Divine Forces Amplified damage increased by 20

· Jade - Divine Forces startup is now 10 frames (was 14) and has 10 less recovery frames

· Jade - Divine Forces Amplified recovery on hit increased by 1 frame, recovers 8 frames faster on block, has 6 more recovery frames when Flawless Blocked

· Jade - Vanishing Winds startup is now 23 frames (up from 20), is no longer considered a projectile, has 5 more block advantage frames, when Flawless Blocked has 10 less frames of blockstun with less pushback, and does 80 damage (was 60)

· Jade - Vanishing Winds Amplified startup is now 22 frames (was 27), blockstun decreased by 5 frames, recovers 9 frames faster, does 10% damage (was 6%)

· Jade - Fixed an issue which caused the wrong version of Double Down (Away + Back Kick) to occur during Finish Him if Deadly Assassin is equipped

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
I'm really not feeling this variation as much as i thought i would. Deadly Assassin is interesting but the other moves...aren't all that. Vanishing Winds is ok but reflect replacing glow is no bueno.

Can someone explain the second amp of reflect to me? It launches but I'm not sure how we are supposed to use that.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
B2124 is total jank, flawless blockable af and you can even just jump out of it if you block the first part.
Literal trash.

The teleport costing meter is just an insult.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Yea, these moves just don't seem to work with each other very well. In my extremely limited testing I'm just not seeing the potential. I got my hopes up with the enhanced reflect launching, but it cannot be confirmed on to any of her strings...so it's basically useless.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
There aren't enough players remaining even interested in Jade at this point.

Shades of mk9 all over again.

It's not her variations that are bad in themselves, it's the entire character's frame data and hitboxes and jank that just adds up to not having impactful things like Liu or Geras or Sonya or Kabal does.

abyson

Noob
*TBH there are some things that might make jade unfair if they improve them in the way some people here are suggesting imagine B2124 without the gaps or with dodging shadows you can just throw the string out whenever you please with the range and with no consequences

* Having two anti zoning options needs some balancing you cant have a 10f reflector and then a safe attacking teleport for free

*This game has a somewhat steady pace so you can think before making certain moves I don't think rewarding a reckless playstyle with safety is alright remember that's why people hate the characters that are considered broken.

*I don't think jade needs kitana kinda buffs shes not nearly as bad as kitana was pre patch

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Jades reflect does not work on dvorahs ground crawling bugs :(
I'd say we should start a list of moves that we're used to avoiding with glow that we now cannot use reflect on, but lets be honest - no one is gonna use this variation anyway ;)

abyson

Noob
yeah glow is absolutely superior to the reflect
the way jades variations are designed they kinda seem like theyre meant to fight certain characters that's why I don't think anyone is useless except against certain characters that give everyone a hard time.
I think you might find some reason to play it in time

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I played 3 matches for the Noob KL skin. Lost the first match. Won the next two. And I used Jade's new variation.
Deadly Assassin and Vanishing Winds worked well for me, but Divine Forces is utterly useless. Delia's Dance would've been the better choice, imo.
7/10

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
*TBH there are some things that might make jade unfair if they improve them in the way some people here are suggesting imagine B2124 without the gaps or with dodging shadows you can just throw the string out whenever you please with the range and with no consequences

* Having two anti zoning options needs some balancing you cant have a 10f reflector and then a safe attacking teleport for free

*This game has a somewhat steady pace so you can think before making certain moves I don't think rewarding a reckless playstyle with safety is alright remember that's why people hate the characters that are considered broken.

*I don't think jade needs kitana kinda buffs shes not nearly as bad as kitana was pre patch

1. Jades B2124 starts as a high you cant just throw that out over and over again. Also, you can literally just toss a projectile at her when you see the b2 whiff...you have all day to do something about it.

2. Jade is already quite safe. The problem is, she can't take damage. She has to beat you with a bb gun while the rest of the cast gets to use a machine gun.

3. No, she isn't as bad as pre patch Kitana, but she is much worse than post patch kitana now. The third variation has no use. Want better rushdown? Go Jaded. Need better zoning? Go Emerald Defender. What does this variation have to be unique? The teleport?

I think instead of being a knockdown, amplified Vanishing Winds should be a launcher that leads to a full combo. However make it unsafe on block. It is very easy to spot her about to do her teleport so this move won't be spammed like scorpions teleport(if the opponent isn't slow)

abyson

Noob
1. Jades B2124 starts as a high you cant just throw that out over and over again. Also, you can literally just toss a projectile at her when you see the b2 whiff...you have all day to do something about it.

2. Jade is already quite safe. The problem is, she can't take damage. She has to beat you with a bb gun while the rest of the cast gets to use a machine gun.

3. No, she isn't as bad as pre patch Kitana, but she is much worse than post patch kitana now. The third variation has no use. Want better rushdown? Go Jaded. Need better zoning? Go Emerald Defender. What does this variation have to be unique? The teleport?
yeah I agree with the damage part she kinda does to little damage for the effort she has to put in considering she just has one zoning variation so the excuse cant be that shes a zoner
and about the B2124 string I also mentioned it being paired with donging shadows then you don't have to worry about projectiles and without the gaps there will be no other option to stop her.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Emerald Defender's identity is zoning / keepaway. It struggles up close, but it never really wants to be there anyway.

Jaded's identity is stagger / blockstring pressure and relative safety (for Jade). Combo damage isnt that much higher, but she definitely gets more opportunities for said combos and safer pokes.

Untamable's identity is not the sum of its parts like the other two variations. Instead, the variation is just bonus moves tacked onto Jade's base kit. She has bonus combo strings, but she does not have an amp'd launcher she can combo into so new strings are just flair. She has a teleport to get in on zoners, but no game plan to ensure it safely or any sort of notable followup. She can reflect projectiles, but never wants to be far away here as that completely defeats the purpose of the other two moves.

The funniest thing about this all is that having Delia's Dance instead of Divine Forces still wouldn't have given any real identity to Untamable which is sad. If Divine Forces' amp launcher eventually gets a buff to be comboable into, I can see this variation being its own thing; but as it is, I dont see the purpose of its existence.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Best part of untamable imo is that you never have to worry about being cornered. That and D1xx Wind is a good mind game. Spiritual guidance is.. Yeah.