What's new

Jade General Discussion Thread

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
TBH even ending your hits on polevault isn't even that good when compared to ending your strings in Ex glaive. Ex glaive gives you +10 advantage and completely eliminates the randomness of wake up options, you don't have to worry about forward roll after you leave someone restanding with eX glaive, you get to continue your pressure without worrying about any of the wake up options.
The pole vault gives you her strongest oki options out of any of her knockdowns. I mix it up with the glaives especially when I don't want to spend meter.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Jaded main here. Pole Vault is more dangerous on block than at first glance. B343 ~ Pole vault can be punished on REACTION by everyone in the cast with short hop attacks. Not only that, but many chars (Scorpion, Noob, Kollector, Kitana, Sonya, Kabal, etc) can just jump backwards out of it and punish with a jump attack for a combo. Then chars like Jacqui and Kotal can low profile with d3 and d1 and recover quickly enough to full combo punish Jade or take their turn. As it stands now, Pole Vault can be punished when cancelled on just about any one of her strings on block with the short hop method by any character barring b2 ~ Pole Vault at max range and f2 ~ Pole Vault. It's rare to see a move that can be both low profiled and low crushed at the same time.
The pole vault cancel is something I wouldn't do a whole lot on block except as a pure mixup. However, it does have advantages on HIT.

B2~polevault cancel on HIT gives you the ability to follow up with a guaranteed b3 that just hitting naked b2 does not afford you. So while it's not extremely crazy it does serve at least one purpose. (I wish it was more)

It gives you a literal strike throw mixup. They can't jump out of B3, so they have to hold it or take a throw.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
@TakeAChance ^

It's a bad move and not even a real overhead.
It needs its lowprofile lowcrush issues fixed, come out faster, more + on hit and + on block if meterburned, to fit into the current meta of what characters like Sonya or Scorpion are capable of.
Wasn't the second hit of Pole Vault an OH in the beta? Why on earth was that changed?

TierHero

Official Jade Downplayer
The pole vault cancel is something I wouldn't do a whole lot on block except as a pure mixup. However, it does have advantages on HIT.

B2~polevault cancel on HIT gives you the ability to follow up with a guaranteed b3 that just hitting naked b2 does not afford you. So while it's not extremely crazy it does serve at least one purpose. (I wish it was more)

It gives you a literal strike throw mixup. They can't jump out of B3, so they have to hold it or take a throw.
B2 ~ Pole Vault cancel does lead to a strike throw mixup, but raw B2 does only about 8% damage on hit. Let's say you succeed in mixing them up with a throw. That's 22% damage potential for a bar. If you succeed mixing with a hit that's 26% damage potential, which isn't bad, but you'd be spending meter to lose guaranteed 10% and risk being krushing blow comboed from a d2 on a read for the grab attempt. B2 ~ Pole Vault is the better option imo it gives you 18% guaranteed meterless damage and leaves you at +35 in their face.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
B2 ~ Pole Vault cancel does lead to a strike throw mixup, but raw B2 does only about 8% damage on hit. Let's say you succeed in mixing them up with a throw. That's 22% damage potential for a bar. If you succeed mixing with a hit that's 26% damage potential, which isn't bad, but you'd be spending meter to lose guaranteed 10% and risk being krushing blow comboed from a d2 on a read for the grab attempt. B2 ~ Pole Vault is the better option imo it gives you 18% guaranteed meterless damage and leaves you at +35 in their face.
You can still do B2~polevault.

But if I need the comeback factor, I'd risk B2 on hit to get another B343 or even a B3~throw stagger. Even helps to try and fish for that KB throw requirement.

It just makes the character way harder to read, and that personally suits my style.

seanpon

Noob
Before i thought her pole vault variation had a use in the shang tsung match up, but even then that doesn't necessary happen to be the case. Turns out you don't have to respect amplified corpse drop on block, once you block the first corpse drop you can just jump over the grounded amplified one and not even get hit. This means once you block the first corpse drop just jump and throw out eX air glaive, this is a safe way of activating glow against shang tsung. This is a game changer against this match up and probably still makes emerald defender better against him than Jaded.

Afumba

Noob
Before i thought her pole vault variation had a use in the shang tsung match up, but even then that doesn't necessary happen to be the case. Turns out you don't have to respect amplified corpse drop on block, once you block the first corpse drop you can just jump over the grounded amplified one and not even get hit. This means once you block the first corpse drop just jump and throw out eX air glaive, this is a safe way of activating glow against shang tsung. This is a game changer against this match up and probably still makes emerald defender better against him than Jaded.
At around max Shadowkick range (a tiny bit outside of it) you can also short hop into glow free if you dont have a bar for ex glaive. Any Shang follow up will miss or can be blocked (normals dont reach in time, Soulsteal, Slide and a follow up corpse can be blocked; groundskull and fireball will get glowed). If he follows up with dash~groundspark he eats a full F21 combo. All this ofc if he AMPs the corpse.

If he doesnt AMP and you go short hop into glow you can get punished by another Corpse, dash Soulsteal or dash Slide (Soulsteal and slide ofc only if in range though). You will still glow fireball and groundskull though and also get a full F21 combo if he follows up with groundskull. His dash F3/F4/F24 will also only hit if you are literally a pixel to close, otherwise they whiff as well and you can punish. It also doesnt matter if he does F242, F243 or F24~any special, at least your D2 beats all of them (B2/B3 can work as well but if his 2 whiffs really close to you than F243 will beat Jades B2/B3 lots of times).

Last edited:

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
You can activate run too.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
How the fuck do you people play this bitch? She does no damage lmao
With character loyalty, a lot of patience and love.
(I don't, I've had MK11 uninstalled for weeks. It's the summer, I'm not going to sit here and play)

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Does standing 3 have a use? It has no string (without Deadly Ass.) and it seems really similar to b3 except it's a high.

Speaking of Deadly Assassin, if she had this in a tourney legal variation I probably wouldn't use anything or anyone else. Hitting that b2 string just looks and feels amazing.

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
Does standing 3 have a use? It has no string (without Deadly Ass.) and it seems really similar to b3 except it's a high.

Speaking of Deadly Assassin, if she had this in a tourney legal variation I probably wouldn't use anything or anyone else. Hitting that b2 string just looks and feels amazing.
It creates space on block, you can make someone whiff and perhaps punish them with her 1,2,4 krushing blow, back 2 etc. That's really the main use is the space creation so it does have utility and since it is a kick and similar to Back 3 and speed isn't far off you can sneak it in for stagger games too.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Maybe it was the right decision balance wise but man that B2 string is so cool, I had so much fun in the beta catching people's toes

Espio

Kokomo
Maybe it was the right decision balance wise but man that B2 string is so cool, I had so much fun in the beta catching people's toes
You've earned Edenia's loyalty Marinjuana. You have been like the most resourceful Jade player that doesn't main Jade, I love it! That string is hilarious because she flipping and dipping and tripping over your wig.

I'm gonna be experimenting more with custom variation stuff again. It makes Jade, Erron and Baraka so much fun and I really liked the custom I made with Vanishing winds, Delia's dance and additional sweep and strings.

I would sub out the strings for air glaive though cause that is glorious.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
I like air glaive, Deadly Assassin, and the amp teleport (Vanishing Winds?) Delia's Dance is better than Winds but i actually really like Butterfly and I'm secretly jealous of every character with a teleport anyway.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Am I the only one who can’t do her parry brutality? What is up with it?
You need to earn it from KL season 2. Complete 10 daily challenges.

Its shown up under the brutalities for a few weeks now, but still locked I guess. Its now available as a reward in this current Kombat League, so I'm guessing it will unlock when you earn in there

DelilahKane

I’m not your baby.

This x1000!

Deadly Assassin is absolutely essential. Not only does it help in the one area that most Jade players can agree on, her crazy low damage, but makes actual use of her 3 and 43 strings.

My preferred build is air rang, pole vault, and DA. So her 10 frame B2 punish goes from 14.5% to 22.6% meterless midscreen and can get 28% meterless in the corner. 322 now makes 3 useful by adding a great stagger (gapless) string that's safe. 322 is -5, 322D1 is -10 with pushback. Plenty of time to confirm from 322 or just mix it up with canceling into pole vault, the d1 extension, or rang. 432 is -7 with massive pushback and allows a nifty little stagger after 43. It's also a fun combo ender that propels them full screen.

And can't forget dat godlike double hitting, midscreen sweep lol.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
You need to earn it from KL season 2. Complete 10 daily challenges.

Its shown up under the brutalities for a few weeks now, but still locked I guess. Its now available as a reward in this current Kombat League, so I'm guessing it will unlock when you earn in there
That damn brutality is the only reason I'm playing KL.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
Have yall tried F21 on oki? Its been working out pretty well for me at max distance, even when the roll backwards they will usually be hit by the second hit