What's new

Jade General Discussion Thread

Espio

Kokomo
It beats the fuck out of me why they'd give a character a tool (glow) make it take 56 frames so it gets blown the fuck up ANYway and then even give characters compelling tools that it just doesn't work against.

I'm going to keep this game uninstalled until I see consistency.
even Waz dropped Jade. smh.
Waz dropped Jade? Where'd you hear that from? I don't use Twitter or social media like that.

Jade blows up scrubby play so people view her a certain way and treat her as such. I wouldn't give up if you're intending on playing Jade after the patch, you might as well stay on your game and practice.

I personally am biding my time, seeing what will come.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I too am just biding my time. She is by far my best character, and fits my playstyle to a T.

Out of my path to elder god and my like 85-65 ish record to get there...I swear 45 of those losses were to scorpions.

She is good, and honestly, if they tone down the top slightly she will be fine and wont need any changes.

If they don't tone down the top, she needs a better punish....not insane mind you, just give me 5-7 extra percent off of something quick enough that I can make/hit characters using unsafe shit.

Hot_DNA

Noob
I too am just biding my time. She is by far my best character, and fits my playstyle to a T.

Out of my path to elder god and my like 85-65 ish record to get there...I swear 45 of those losses were to scorpions.

She is good, and honestly, if they tone down the top slightly she will be fine and wont need any changes.

If they don't tone down the top, she needs a better punish....not insane mind you, just give me 5-7 extra percent off of something quick enough that I can make/hit characters using unsafe shit.
Out of my 100 losses, I would say about 40 of them were scorpions lol

Hot_DNA

Noob
Recently, I have been beating Scorpions( granted I'm in Demi-god rank, so its not elite lol)...Searing Rage is no problem for me but reborn drives me CRAZY...That Tele-cancel gets me EVERYTIME

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Waz dropped Jade? Where'd you hear that from? I don't use Twitter or social media like that.

Jade blows up scrubby play so people view her a certain way and treat her as such. I wouldn't give up if you're intending on playing Jade after the patch, you might as well stay on your game and practice.

I personally am biding my time, seeing what will come.
His stream even said "time for a new main" the other day.

It's a score of things making me uninstall and take a step back from this.
Online is trash for first. Probably because I meet a lot of lagswitching russians but even when I added someone from TYM I constantly kept getting lagspikes.
For second, I understand why Jade sucks and I understand just how much she sucks / how good she is. I labbed this bitch straight to hell. And I don't like where she stands right now. My hope is that in the gigantic nerfbat that will hit the game inevitably soon enough, her pole vault variation will get some love and air glaive will catch the nerf it deserves.
Also the number of things I hate about Jade such as no damage, how glow works, half her normals being subpar compared to other characters, and how everyone has not only counterzoning but counterglow and zoning options all in one, just piss me off too badly to bother.
Couple the character's grievances up with how d1 spam is still viable online and how throws work right now, I just can't play this. Need something to change about the way the game is in a direction that will make me enjoy it.
Heard all the excuses against my reasoning, too.

I'm not quittingforever just taking a break until patch. Or maybe I'll reinstall it sooner.
Right now, I've lost interest is all.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!

Online is trash for first. Probably because I meet a lot of lagswitching russians but even when I added someone from TYM I constantly kept getting lagspikes.
For second, I understand why Jade sucks and I understand just how much she sucks / how good she is. I labbed this bitch straight to hell. And I don't like where she stands right now. My hope is that in the gigantic nerfbat that will hit the game inevitably soon enough, her pole vault variation will get some love and air glaive will catch the nerf it deserves.
Also the number of things I hate about Jade such as no damage, how glow works, half her normals being subpar compared to other characters, and how everyone has not only counterzoning but counterglow and zoning options all in one, just piss me off too badly to bother.
Couple the character's grievances up with how d1 spam is still viable online and how throws work right now, I just can't play this. Need something to change about the way the game is in a direction that will make me enjoy it.

I'm not quittingforever just taking a break until patch. Or maybe I'll reinstall it sooner.
I think you are overreacting a little bit. Yes, jade does need some adjustments here and there to help her but you also have to understand that (depending on the match up) shes much better than other characters. My main in MKX used to be kitana and in this game she isnt as good or as interesting as she was in MKX, but im not giving up on her. Quite frankly i find much more success with jade than kitana because she has much better neutral contol and zoning. So no...jade isnt as bad as you are saying, but does she need some SLIGHT buffs? Yes.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I think you are overreacting a little bit. Yes, jade does need some adjustments here and there to help her but you also have to understand that (depending on the match up) shes much better than other characters. My main in MKX used to be kitana and in this game she isnt as good or as interesting as she was in MKX, but im not giving up on her. Quite frankly i find much more success with jade than kitana because she has much better neutral contol and zoning. So no...jade isnt as bad as you are saying, but does she need some SLIGHT buffs? Yes.
I'm not saying how good or bad she is so I'm most certainly not overreacting.

If you read carefully, you'll see that I said I know exactly how good she is, because I labbed her.
Hell I could write a matchup by matchup analysis with frame data and where in each matchup she gains the upper hand and where she struggles, but there isn't much point doing that because for every Jade player there are 15 people on this website with nerfmafia agendas that will come into a thread like that to post gifs and say a whole lot of very funny absolute nothing.

Her biggest problem is her damage, her horrible normals and that air glaive is literally the best thing about her.
Most of her best normals are worse than other normals of better characters. B3 is 11f whereas there are 9f and/or advancing moves that lead to huge combos and aren't easy as hell to jump out of.

Yeah she's better than some characters.

Yeah she's better than Kitana right now. But worse than Sonya and a bunch of others. There is no point arguing about this horseshit.

I hope there will be a patch soon.

Espio

Kokomo

I'm not saying he didn't say it, I don't follow social media or watch many streams anymore.

Emerald Defender is a zoning variation and air glaive is one of her only really strong projectiles of the grouping so no it doesn't need to be nerfed, I don't get why you keep saying that. If you want a more aggressive Jade then you should campaign for Jaded to get retooled with like Delia's Dance and maybe her teleport with the safe option to go with Jaded since the variation is designed with out of whack synergy. Zoning variation should be left alone.

I don't have any excuses to throw your way. If you don't like the game, nobody's arguments can change that for you.

seanpon

Noob
I'm not saying how good or bad she is so I'm most certainly not overreacting.

If you read carefully, you'll see that I said I know exactly how good she is, because I labbed her.
Hell I could write a matchup by matchup analysis with frame data and where in each matchup she gains the upper hand and where she struggles, but there isn't much point doing that because for every Jade player there are 15 people on this website with nerfmafia agendas that will come into a thread like that to post gifs and say a whole lot of very funny absolute nothing.

Her biggest problem is her damage, her horrible normals and that air glaive is literally the best thing about her.
Most of her best normals are worse than other normals of better characters. B3 is 11f whereas there are 9f and/or advancing moves that lead to huge combos and aren't easy as hell to jump out of.

Yeah she's better than some characters.

Yeah she's better than Kitana right now. But worse than Sonya and a bunch of others. There is no point arguing about this horseshit.

I hope there will be a patch soon.
I definitely agree with her biggest problem being her damage. She some what makes up for this against characters she can zone bc they have to eat chip while getting in. But the lack of damage is truly her achilles heel when fighting characters like shang or scorpion who don't care about her zoning or can easily bypass glow. You literally have to 3x outplay a shang player in neutral considering how much more damage he does against you. The matches that jade can't zone or activate glow feel so much more tough considering her abysmal damage means you have to work so much harder than your opponent

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I'm not saying he didn't say it, I don't follow social media or watch many streams anymore.

Emerald Defender is a zoning variation and air glaive is one of her only really strong projectiles of the grouping so no it doesn't need to be nerfed, I don't get why you keep saying that. If you want a more aggressive Jade then you should campaign for Jaded to get retooled with like Delia's Dance and maybe her teleport with the safe option to go with Jaded since the variation is designed with out of whack synergy. Zoning variation should be left alone.

I don't have any excuses to throw your way. If you don't like the game, nobody's arguments can change that for you.
My argument is that if a tool is so compelling that it's literally the only way a character does well, it's overperforming and the character itself needs changes that rework its fundamental moveset so it doesn't exclusively revolve around one, single powerful special. Without Air Glaive, her weaknesses are plain for everyone to see. How she only has bad and mediocre normals, other than her d2 and d4. How nothing she does leads to anything.
In a game where the point is to delete the opponent's healthbar, the character who doesn't have a gameplan that leads to hefty chunks of damage or situations in which the opponent loses health, is a weak character.

I feel the same way about Scorpion's teleport, Jacqui's cancels and to some extent about Geras' Sand Trap.

You're right as always.

Jaded is shit. Pole Vault gets blown up by D2s, pokes, and even some fast standing normals.
Cancels are not worth the slot, they're bad.
And that shadow kick change? I'd rather have it change sides even though it's one of the less compelling special moves in the game with it being both a high and unsafe even on meterburn. So yeah Delia or the teleport would be better but do mind that the teleport only teleports on meterburn for some inexplicably dumb reason.

But I don't want to cop out and wish for yet another broke special like + cancels or shit like that.

I'm waiting to see in which direction the meta shifts with the normals in the game and then want her b3 to be adjusted accordingly so that it's competitive and leads to competitive damage and is as good as it plausibly can be without overperforming.
11f is nothing to write home about when there are 9f, safe and advancing mids and lows that lead to huge damage.
Her F3 is the other bad thing about her, t-rex at i16 is a fucking insult.

So yeah. I didn't mean you'd have excuses either, I'm just weary of this forum tbh because people are blind to obvious shit and aggressively ignorant.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I love Jaded. It's my new main variation.

Sometimes you just need to look beyond frames and contemplate reaction time.

Know whats fun?

B3~polevault
B343
B343~Ex RAng
B343~Pole Vault
B3434
B3~Throw
B343~Throw
B3 B3

B2~Ex Pole vault truly connecting

B2 on hit into Pole Vault cancel is +13 and gives you a FREE B3

B2~Polevault being safe

B1~Polevault being safe.

B343~polevault actually giving her oki options.

Ex Pole vault krushing blow being a threat to anyone full screen that throws a projectile.

I never played Jade as a 100% zoner, and I am in love with this variation right now.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!

Know whats fun?

B3~polevault
B343
B343~Ex RAng
B343~Pole Vault
B3434
B3~Throw
B343~Throw
B3 B3

B2~Polevault being safe

B1~Polevault being safe.

Ex Pole vault krushing blow being a threat to anyone full screen that throws a projectile.

I never played Jade as a 100% zoner, and I am in love with this variation right now.
Now go into the lab and see what all lowprofiles pole vault on reaction from every character.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Now go into the lab and see what all lowprofiles pole vault on reaction from every character.
Give me the one that you think notoriously does.

Scorpion can, but that matchup sucks either way, and he has to be really scouting it...which opens up b3434

Edit - Also, did you know if someone D4's the pole vault to low profile it, you actually have advantage afterwards? lol

Last edited:

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
Baraka can d2 vault on reaction. Sometimes it trades, giving Baraka the chance to go into a full combo after the d2 . It’s not fun, but that’s what emerald defender is for

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Baraka can d2 vault on reaction. Sometimes it trades, giving Baraka the chance to go into a full combo after the d2 . It’s not fun, but that’s what emerald defender is for
Indeed, against him I'd probably go Emerald defender.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Thinking of moving over to Skarlet or Cassie after I finish up with Kombat League (want to keep my run all Jade for now). I really dig her, but so she has so many flaws and such low damage that I really do feel like I'm working harder than my opponent in 2/3rds of my matches. I'm getting matched with tons of Scorps and Sub-Zeros today and the privilege those characters have is enough to drive you nuts.

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
Give me the one that you think notoriously does.

Scorpion can, but that matchup sucks either way, and he has to be really scouting it...which opens up b3434

Edit - Also, did you know if someone D4's the pole vault to low profile it, you actually have advantage afterwards? lol
I just labbed it a little. The scorpion one is worse than you think. If you vault on block he can d2 into d1 teleport for a full combo. I setup random playback and was able to do it on reaction. Might be even easier for a scorpion main.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I just labbed it a little. The scorpion one is worse than you think. If you vault on block he can d2 into d1 teleport for a full combo. I setup random playback and was able to do it on reaction. Might be even easier for a scorpion main.
He can literally just teleport. That matchup sucks no matter what.

TierHero

Official Jade Downplayer
Jaded main here. Pole Vault is more dangerous on block than at first glance. B343 ~ Pole vault can be punished on REACTION by everyone in the cast with short hop attacks. Not only that, but many chars (Scorpion, Noob, Kollector, Kitana, Sonya, Kabal, etc) can just jump backwards out of it and punish with a jump attack for a combo. Then chars like Jacqui and Kotal can low profile with d3 and d1 and recover quickly enough to full combo punish Jade or take their turn. As it stands now, Pole Vault can be punished when cancelled on just about any one of her strings on block with the short hop method by any character barring b2 ~ Pole Vault at max range and f2 ~ Pole Vault. It's rare to see a move that can be both low profiled and low crushed at the same time.

KutlessMyth

mental and fundamental
how are we supposed to play the cetrion matchup?
i went through it tonight in KL and it went so badly i tried my 5 minute scorpion on her

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Jaded main here. Pole Vault is more dangerous on block than at first glance. B343 ~ Pole vault can be punished on REACTION by everyone in the cast with short hop attacks. Not only that, but many chars (Scorpion, Noob, Kollector, Kitana, Sonya, Kabal, etc) can just jump backwards out of it and punish with a jump attack for a combo. Then chars like Jacqui and Kotal can low profile with d3 and d1 and recover quickly enough to full combo punish Jade or take their turn. As it stands now, Pole Vault can be punished when cancelled on just about any one of her strings on block with the short hop method by any character barring b2 ~ Pole Vault at max range and f2 ~ Pole Vault. It's rare to see a move that can be both low profiled and low crushed at the same time.
@TakeAChance ^

It's a bad move and not even a real overhead.
It needs its lowprofile lowcrush issues fixed, come out faster, more + on hit and + on block if meterburned, to fit into the current meta of what characters like Sonya or Scorpion are capable of.

seanpon

Noob

Know whats fun?

B3~polevault
B343
B343~Ex RAng
B343~Pole Vault
B3434
B3~Throw
B343~Throw
B3 B3

B2~Polevault being safe

B1~Polevault being safe.

TBH even ending your hits on polevault isn't even that good when compared to ending your strings in Ex glaive. Ex glaive gives you +10 advantage and completely eliminates the randomness of wake up options, you don't have to worry about forward roll after you leave someone restanding with eX glaive, you get to continue your pressure without worrying about any of the wake up options.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
TBH even ending your hits on polevault isn't even that good when compared to ending your strings in Ex glaive. Ex glaive gives you +10 advantage and completely eliminates the randomness of wake up options, you don't have to worry about forward roll after you leave someone restanding with eX glaive, you get to continue your pressure without worrying about any of the wake up options.
You also get d2'd on reaction.