What's new

Jade General Discussion Thread

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Even with teleport cancel nerfs, Scorpion will still be a difficult matchup for Jade. Players will just pick his Searing Rage variation, which is better than Reborn IMO.

Teleport still controls the pace of the MU. She has to play his game & he hits harder in that variation. Furthermore, Teleport shuts down her zoning and air game completely.

Teleport cancels costing 1 bar of offense & defense would ruin the variation. TP hitting high & not being about to AMP on block/whiff would suffice.
I agree with all of this.

I agree with all of this.
It’s true lol. Teleport is too good of a counter zoning tool. What makes it worse is it’s his main launcher as well.

This isn’t to say she can’t compete in neutral. She has decent tools & her d4 is one of the better low pokes in the game.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
It’s true lol. Teleport is too good of a counter zoning tool.

This isn’t to say she can’t compete in neutral. She has decent tools & her d4 is one of the better low pokes in the game.
Yeah a tracking mid that comes out in 12f avoids all forward action catches all action and can't drop its launch and can even be cancelled.. just wtf nrs.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, don't ya miss the days when Scorp teleported, you blocked he gets punished or occasionally misses like the oldschool MK's. Now he has cancels, safe teleports, mix ups etc fuck that lol. I liked MK 9 Scorpion, he was one of my mains a solid mid without all that bs, he had the vortex but could be blocked alot easier than the nonsense in this game.

Last edited:

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I play both characters. Scorp’s TP should hit high and not be able to AMP on block/whiff. This would do 3 things;
  • Stop random TP’s
  • Take away TP gimmicks
  • Force Scorpion players to use TP strategically
I've been saying this exact same thing.
But let's do this in the Scorp thread not the Jade thread XD

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
This toxic shit flinging on both sides needs to stop. While I don't agree with many talking points on either side, we should at least all have fucking discussions instead of generalizing, strawmanning, and throwing out useless ad hominems.

Jade has issues. Half her kit is useless or VERY situational. The other half of her kit is quite strong. She has her issues like every character, but it's that much more noticeable when she cant cash out on damage like 99% of the rest of the cast.

Does she need buffs? I dont believe she "needs" them, but a few more tools being regularly usable would be nice in my opinion.
Is she a bad character? No; and contrary to popular belief, very few people here have recently argued that she's "bad." It's more the issues I've stated above and a few others.
Is she a good character? Yes.
Is she a great character? I'd argue no as her short list of usable tools gets even smaller against knowledgable opponents. See: BigD vs. Waz.

Let's drop the condescending tones and shitty attacks. It helps nothing and gets us nowhere. We're here to talk about Jade, not act like chimps in a zoo.

EDIT: first sentence was unnecessary.
Totally agree with everything here, this is all I've ever said lol.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I wish i'd believe you but that original post you made served no point of discussion and just was toxic.
I mean check the receipts, peep my posting history, up to you. I won't say more other than that Arqwart is literally referring to you among others in his post lol.

seanpon

Noob
I mean check the receipts, peep my posting history, up to you. I won't say more other than that Arqwart is literally referring to you among others in his post lol.
naah, you've been the only toxic one here with that post. I didn't just randomly drop in a toxic comment and bounce. I've been contributing and giving my input to this thread, you literally just bounced in for a toxic comment and left. So idk what else to tell you

seanpon

Noob
I live and die by 1(whiff)24. I love it, and since the enemy is looking out for f21 so much it often gets them.
You don't even have to "scout" forward 2, that shit is so predictable, you can see it coming a mile away. Just block low and react to F2. I don't know who your playing against that can't react to F2 and instead guard high so they idiotically get hit by 124....

You don't even have to "scout" forward 2, that shit is so predictable, you can see it coming a mile away. Just block low and react to F2. I don't know who your playing against that can't react to F2 and instead guard high so they idiotically get hit by 124....
My God someone tries to direct the conversation away from your childish and toxic negativity and you just look for any opportunity to bring it back.

My bad I meant standing 3 lol. I know everyone is using whiffed 1 24.
I actually don't think I ever hit that button. Not sure of any use for it since it kinda goes no where. Have you found any success with it? Might be good for anti air but I have no idea lol.

seanpon

Noob
My God someone tries to direct the conversation away from your childish and toxic negativity and you just look for any opportunity to bring it back.

I actually don't think I ever hit that button. Not sure of any use for it since it kinda goes no where. Have you found any success with it? Might be good for anti air but I have no idea lol.
Your a fraud, in the other thread you made you didn't even know that flawless blocking the 2nd hit in jade's F21 was possible. Thats literally one of the easiest things in the game to flawless block and every jade main should know thats possible if you ever spent time in a lab. You should let the jade players comment on their character and how she is played. I don't know what your trying to prove here when you don't even know basic things about Jade like the end of her F21 can be flawless blocked

Your a fraud, in the other thread you made you didn't even know that flawless blocking the 2nd hit in jade's F21 was possible. Thats literally one of the easiest things in the game to flawless block and every jade main should know thats possible if you ever spent time in a lab. You should let the jade players comment on their character and how she is played. I don't know what your trying to prove here when you don't even know basic things about Jade like the end of her F21 can be flawless blocked
Again, more needless toxicity. Do you have to follow me in every thread now because I made a single mistake?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
It's not even "predictable", man.
It's REACTABLE.

If anyone can't react to i28 when they know it's a threat, they need to practice that scenario because it's seriously necessary to react within that timeframe.

Getting caught offguard by something that slow CAN happen but that's not enough when it's literally the character's only launcher.

I seriously think that move needs to get re-evaluated, turned into a hard knockdown and she needs a reliable launcher for punishes.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
It's not even "predictable", man.
It's REACTABLE.

If anyone can't react to i28 when they know it's a threat, they need to practice that scenario because it's seriously necessary to react within that timeframe.

Getting caught offguard by something that slow CAN happen but that's not enough when it's literally the character's only launcher.

I seriously think that move needs to get re-evaluated, turned into a hard knockdown and she needs a reliable launcher for punishes.
I mean, you could look at all the amazing Jade footage from Combo breaker and think, “Wow, maybe my character has tools that I’m just not maximising. Maybe I should study their gameplay and try and emulate their play style rather than complaining on an online forum about flaws which literally none of the top players see as major issues. Hmmm.”

Or you could continue to whine that nobody except yourselves understand the character and the struggle you’ve gone through keeping in mind the people who play her at top level don’t think she needs any extra buffs.

But whatever. Continue to spread your toxicity and “call out” everyone else while asking for Jade to have 30% meterless midscreen combos and a safe cancellable special that does hella chip and launches in the corner meterlessly.

Peeaaaaacccce

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I mean, you could look at all the amazing Jade footage from Combo breaker and think, “Wow, maybe my character has tools that I’m just not maximising. Maybe I should study their gameplay and try and emulate their play style rather than complaining on an online forum about flaws which literally none of the top players see as major issues. Hmmm.”

Or you could continue to whine that nobody except yourselves understand the character and the struggle you’ve gone through keeping in mind the people who play her at top level don’t think she needs any extra buffs.

But whatever. Continue to spread your toxicity and “call out” everyone else while asking for Jade to have 30% meterless midscreen combos and a safe cancellable special that does hella chip and launches in the corner meterlessly.

Peeaaaaacccce
I feel like I'm reading your posts and replying to them and you aren't even reading my responses.
Peace, yes.
Peace is good.