What's new

Combo Breaker 2019 Jade Matches

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Can anyone start posting them up in here?
I won't be able to tune in for most of the event, unfortunately.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
I gotchu

Last edited:

seanpon

Noob
I gotchu

so far jade mains are doing pretty well in the tournament!

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
These were fun to watch, but I can't help but feel that Air Razor-rang just carries Jade's entire toolkit on its back. Good chip, safe against most of the cast, huge plus frames on hit, keeps Jade airborne for dodging, fantastic flight angles on both projectiles -- the move is just so very mandatory. Mark my words now: Air Razor-rang will likely feel the nerf hammer soon enough.

EDIT: Thank you, Geoffmeister, for going through and linking all these. Mad props for taking that time to do so.

Last edited:

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
These were fun to watch, but I can't help but feel that Air Razor-rang just carries Jade's entire toolkit on its back. Good chip, safe against most of the cast, huge plus frames on hit, keeps Jade airborne for dodging, fantastic flight angles on both projectiles -- the move is just so very mandatory. Mark my words now: Air Razor-rang will likely feel the nerf hammer soon enough.

EDIT: Thank you, Geoffmeister, for going through and linking all these. Mad props for taking that time to do so.
As long as her actual problems get addressed air rangs being less of a must is actually a good thing.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Been enjoying the Jade play. I think in time her second variation will also be seen more. I really like it and think it might be untapped.
I think Jaded would be a much better variation if it had Delia's Dance instead of Enhanced Nitro Kick. Sure she would lose her Butterfly corner combos, but her pressure game would be that much scarier.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Waz is doing well. KP is solid as always.
But Jade a great character like these people who don't even play her claim? Nah.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Waz is doing well. KP is solid as always.
But Jade a great character like these people who don't even play her claim? Nah.
Watch the wind back now.

“Jade sucks, she needs buffs.”

Players do very well with her and show how strong she is

“Jade still sucks, they’re just godlike players”

Australia has been dealing with Waz’s Jade for a while. That character is low-key busted and now people are finally gonna see it.

Also, let’s not pretend I don’t play the character, or that it’s even relevant in the discussion at all.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Watch the wind back now.

Australia has been dealing with Waz’s Jade for a while. That character is low-key busted and now people are finally gonna see it.

Also, let’s not pretend I don’t play the character, or that it’s even relevant in the discussion at all.
People are legit not using the time to get in after glows and they're not punishing her at -13 and onwards in these matches. I can put timestamps to where people drop the soap against Jade.
At one point even the commentators say like "Glow is an instantaneous move" because nobody ever uses the 56 frames to start moving at her.

seanpon

Noob
Watch the wind back now.

only 1 jade made it to top 24 winners, and 1 is in top 24 loosers.... Two Kano 's also made it to top 24, does that make Kano top tier now? Your logic is flawed

Last edited:

seanpon

Noob
People are legit not using the time to get in after glows and they're not punishing her at -13 and onwards in these matches. I can put timestamps to where people drop the soap against Jade.
At one point even the commentators say like "Glow is an instantaneous move" because nobody ever uses the 56 frames to start moving at her.
I also don't think i saw a single person flawless blocking the end of her back 3 string, and thats something thats even easy to do online.