What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs General Discussion

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
AA seems like a good option. People are also using it in and amongst their 1212 pressure?

Yeah I'm with you on that, im just trying to gauge if it's worth taking the time to learn
With SL, her highest Shotgun corner combo is 53%. Using a different and easier corner combo is 52%. I'd rather sacrifice 1% to hit the combo right.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
With SL, her highest Shotgun corner combo is 53%. Using a different and easier corner combo is 52%. I'd rather sacrifice 1% to hit the combo right.
Yeah that's the thing, I mean I only play FA at the moment but her damage all over the screen is crazy. I just don't see what the point of using it is when there are easier options for no note worthy difference.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
This totally fucked with my head when I did it the first time. It was completely unintended. My opponent was shocked too. This really helps her though against Ermac.

Jacqui's Tech Shield does NOT absorb any other ground pound-style moves as far as I can tell - only Ermac, probably because it's a "low", not an "unblockable" ground move.

Tech Shield works again Tremor's vertical rock projectile and Shinnok's Hell Sparks. Also, if Reptile tries to hit you with acid spit and force ball at the same time, Tech Shield absorbs both. Same idea if Special Forces Sonya does ring toss and drone block+2 special at the same time. Everything mentioned in this post is to be used with regular Tech Shield. Enhanced version fails.

Tech Shield does not work against Demo Sonya grenades.
D u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u d e
What are people using Stanky leg for?

I feel like her damage is insane already so it's not really a necessity in combos.
Stanky Leg is her best normal in my opinion, and it increases her damage output quickly in corner combos. I wouldn't call her damage insane, I mean yeah it's definitely good but Stanky Leg makes it better every time. Basically what stosn said though.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
D u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u d e

Stanky Leg is her best normal in my opinion, and it increases her damage output quickly in corner combos. I wouldn't call her damage insane, I mean yeah it's definitely good but Stanky Leg makes it better every time. Basically what stosn said though.
I'll have to try it in the neutral and see what happens. The speed you need to use a rocket after is God-like though.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I'm going to start a thread to discuss the more atypical things that Tech Shield absorbs. It seems this needs to be discussed.

Youphemism

It's good to know though. People will probably ignore this. :D I made a thread anyway.
Yeah, for the Jacquis... Awww man we could have this cool secret tech :( I hope it doesn't get nerfed next patch because haven't even had the chance to use it yet!

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I just want them to buff the speed of Tech Shield. It's so fucking slow on start-up.

Oh yea, if you are doing Shotgun vs Grandmaster, ground shotgun goes through clone, destroys clone, and also hits Subby Wubby. The clone does not protect Sub like with other projectiles. So that's fun. Kinda fucks with his corner game. If you're cornered against Grandmaster, I find that your two best options are a low shotgun blast and also neutral jump ground pound.

Last edited:

Youphemism

I just want them to buff the speed of Tech Shield. It's so fucking slow on start-up.

Oh yea, if you are doing Shotgun vs Grandmaster, ground shotgun goes through clone, destroys clone, and also hits Subby Wubby. The clone does not protect Sub like with other projectiles. So that's fun. Kinda fucks with his corner game. If you're cornered against Grandmaster, I find that your two best options are a low shotgun blast and also neutral jump ground pound.
I agree.

Ok so I was just playing the matchup too scared. Fucking hell that's important information lol. I'll try the matchup again then and hopefully that'll help, cheers :)

I don't know if this is known but with the shotgun variation in the corner you can do b2, bf2, nip, ub3, 1xxdb2 and it restands them.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I don't know if this is known but with the shotgun variation in the corner you can do b2, bf2, nip, ub3, 1xxdb2 and it restands them.
Known but extremely un-safe if blocked, so I never do it. I prefer doing B2, 11, 11, 11, 11-BF4. B2 is safe on block. I think it's around 32%.

You can also do B2, 4-exLowShotgun, 33-BF2, F12(2+4), 11, 4-BF4 for a 48% combo.

Could somebody give me an overview of Jacqui's variations and where their strengths/weaknesses lie? If I'm already playing Pumped Up Jax and Cyber Kano, are there any match ups that Jacqui can help me with?

You can also do 121, b33 etc into bf2, f12~2+4, 1xxdb2 restand. I'm only stating this because in th corner I play her reset heavy.