What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs General Discussion

Crimea

Noob
In shotgun f122+4 third hit whiffs sometimes (like 80%) if first hit whiffs. It's okay?

Upd: it whiffs on Ermac

Last edited:

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Can someone briefly summarize all the things I'd need to know about playing full auto Jacquie. Like tips, bad match ups, tech/gimmicks and such.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Just picked up Jacqui. Slowly learning the ends and outs but the only guide I see is for full auto. Is that her best variation due to zoning capabilities? I use shotgun at the moment and am having fun.

For any shotgun users, are you having any problems with getting zoned out? I feel getting in someone's face is best, is that correct? Also is 1212 followed by a 114 work as well vs humans as it does hard AI? Seems to kill a lot of reversals except for armored ones or the occasional low poke.

Just picked up Jacqui. Slowly learning the ends and outs but the only guide I see is for full auto. Is that her best variation due to zoning capabilities? I use shotgun at the moment and am having fun.

For any shotgun users, are you having any problems with getting zoned out? I feel getting in someone's face is best, is that correct? Also is 1212 followed by a 114 work as well vs humans as it does hard AI? Seems to kill a lot of reversals except for armored ones or the occasional low poke.
114 does well at breaking slow armored moves. The only issue i have gotten with SG thus far is in the Kung Lao match up.

Its difficult to crontrol his movement with out the hand cannon. He can jump arounf all day sneaking in teleport and jumping at you with that hat.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
114 does well at breaking slow armored moves. The only issue i have gotten with SG thus far is in the Kung Lao match up.

Its difficult to crontrol his movement with out the hand cannon. He can jump arounf all day sneaking in teleport and jumping at you with that hat.
I've had OK-ish luck doing D1-dust when KL teleports. He just has so many options against Shotgun that it's hard to predict.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Starting to get very comfortable with Jacqui. Still need a bunch of MU but I'm starting to hold my own a tad bit. A question I have is for AA options in SG and is going FA against opponents that can zone a better option than working my way in?

If any of you guys are on PS4 NA and are down to show me some Jacqui, me love you long time haha.

cashthesehands

monster masher
Starting to get very comfortable with Jacqui. Still need a bunch of MU but I'm starting to hold my own a tad bit. A question I have is for AA options in SG and is going FA against opponents that can zone a better option than working my way in?

If any of you guys are on PS4 NA and are down to show me some Jacqui, me love you long time haha.
You will struggle with anti-air. For cross-ups, a well timed d1 or d3 work ok. Uppercut is decent as well, but it feels a bit slow to react with. If your stanky leg is on point, you can whiff punish jump ins with that, use her back walk speed to your advantage - although some jump-ins have insane reach (kotal, tanya, sonya) and will knock you out.

Even with FA, you don't want to rely on the zoning war without a life lead - most of the cast can punish ducked gunshots at mid screen.

I'm on PS4 if you want to run some matches- unclebennysrice. Mostly play shotgun these days, but full auto still comes out once folks figure out she's free to back jumps. Also my buddy plays Kitana so you can get some of that exp as well.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I also spam the low shotgun til they respect it and try doing a JiP, but I'm ready to do a NJP. It's risky and depends on the opponent's JiP... like, KL's and Shinnok's JiP often wins. It's situational.

If I do land an air-to-air NJP, i do 1, RC, 11-db2 and combo from there. You could also do 1,F2U2-DU4, 1-low shotgun, but the former is easier for consistency.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
BS indeed. I was not expecting that to work. Makes me wonder if she can absorb any ground slam moves like that, a la Shinnok and Jax.

I like jacqui a lot. She is one of my mains but she needs to get like a buff. I understand she is pretty good its just sometimes online with her I feel helpless because a lot of characters can over power her :(

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg this is juicy as fuck, thank you for this!
This totally fucked with my head when I did it the first time. It was completely unintended. My opponent was shocked too. This really helps her though against Ermac.

Jacqui's Tech Shield does NOT absorb any other ground pound-style moves as far as I can tell - only Ermac, probably because it's a "low", not an "unblockable" ground move.

Tech Shield works again Tremor's vertical rock projectile and Shinnok's Hell Sparks. Also, if Reptile tries to hit you with acid spit and force ball at the same time, Tech Shield absorbs both. Same idea if Special Forces Sonya does ring toss and drone block+2 special at the same time. Everything mentioned in this post is to be used with regular Tech Shield. Enhanced version fails.

Tech Shield does not work against Demo Sonya grenades.

Last edited:

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
What are people using Stanky leg for?

I feel like her damage is insane already so it's not really a necessity in combos.