What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs General Discussion

geogeolivero

Sindel where are you
Guys! Please help. Is there way to punish Mileena's ball roll without using block or ex moves?
I'm a fan of SHUTGUN, like to do SETUPS ;)

SaturnFrost

HT Jacqui Enthusiast Skin Mod Creator
Guys! Please help. Is there way to punish Mileena's ball roll without using block or ex moves?
hmmm.. Practice against it. Make mileena do the ball roll, Block as jacqui and see what works on block. Yea I know you said you dont want to block punish, but the only way to punish it is if she whiffs the move or if it hits on block from what i've seen.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
You mean whiff punish? I wouldn't try it, just punish it by blocking it since as you say you're going to be blocking against her most of the time :p

Kids these days... Liek Shutgun Setups. Blocking - not so much.

On a serious note - there is no better way to deal with roll-happy Mileena than to block. Plain and simple. Block the roll - GET BUCKETZ.

geogeolivero

Sindel where are you
Kids these days... Liek Shutgun Setups. Blocking - not so much.

On a serious note - there is no better way to deal with roll-happy Mileena than to block. Plain and simple. Block the roll - GET BUCKETZ.
Hahahaha I wish I was a kid again. Well we keep on blocking ;)

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Wasn't sure where to put this because the Jacqui forums don't really have variation specific general threads, but I thought of some interesting mixup opportunities in shotgun using some of her new buffs.

Say you land b33xxExdb2, you could finish it with jip 121 which has 22 frames of hit advantage. This then guarantees a followup f2u2, which you can either 2+4 for the overhead, dd4 or Exdd4 for the low, or even du4 into mixup or pressure. They cannot armor through the f2u2 but you can back dash out, and only certain cast members punish f2u2 2+4. However, you read that they are going to backdash, you can catch them with f12 2+4 into full combo.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Wasn't sure where to put this because the Jacqui forums don't really have variation specific general threads, but I thought of some interesting mixup opportunities in shotgun using some of her new buffs.

Say you land b33xxExdb2, you could finish it with jip 121 which has 22 frames of hit advantage. This then guarantees a followup f2u2, which you can either 2+4 for the overhead, dd4 or Exdd4 for the low, or even du4 into mixup or pressure. They cannot armor through the f2u2 but you can back dash out, and only certain cast members punish f2u2 2+4. However, you read that they are going to backdash, you can catch them with f12 2+4 into full combo.
You'd probably be better off doing F2 combos with dust enders after the jip. Then using the dust for pressure plus chip plus frames, or 50/50 mixups, or grabs. You'll get really good damage in your combo and have huge options on the restand ender.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
So, after the changes and buffles and nerfles and nerfles and other words that I made up..

How are Shotgun and FA doing? Shotgun specifically interests me for no other reason than using the shotgun is so damn satisfying..

I guess, specifically, i was wondering:

what are shotgun and FA's typical game plan ?

What kind of damage does each variation get off there practical (online appropriate) BnB's ? (Ideally midscreen and corner metered and meter less)

How does the difficulty of execution rate and does either variation rely on 'odd' mechanics for proper play? By that I mean, say, Jax's HW cancels or D'vorah's bug cancels, etc?

Sorry to ask so many questions and I'm really not trying to be lazy, but Jaqui is under-represented and with the recent changes its difficult to know exactly what info is still up to date, relevant and, especially with combos, practical.

I figured I could kerfoodle around trying to piece it together, or I could just ask that experts, lol.

Thanks guys.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
You'd probably be better off doing F2 combos with dust enders after the jip. Then using the dust for pressure plus chip plus frames, or 50/50 mixups, or grabs. You'll get really good damage in your combo and have huge options on the restand ender.
I'm not super familiar with the character, so I don't really know what exactly what dust means (db2 or df2?), or the excepted bnbs.

I think its actually a pretty good setup in the corner, especially because you can't re-stand in the corner without meter. A combo I've been doing is b2, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11xxExdb2, 33xxdf2 for 39%. If insead you do b2, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11xxExdb2, 121 you get 33% and are at such an advantage that you get a free f2. They can't armor or back dash, you could simply cancel into f2u2 2+4 for 4.25% of chip and you are still at plus 2. Not many cast members can punish the 2+4 with armor, and not even Tempest Lao's Ex spin can punish f2u2xxdu4 into block. Once they respect that you are completely safe after the f2u2, you can grab, 1212, b2, b33, etc.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I'm not super familiar with the character, so I don't really know what exactly what dust means (db2 or df2?), or the excepted bnbs.

I think its actually a pretty good setup in the corner, especially because you can't re-stand in the corner without meter. A combo I've been doing is b2, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11xxExdb2, 33xxdf2 for 39%. If insead you do b2, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11xxExdb2, 121 you get 33% and are at such an advantage that you get a free f2. They can't armor or back dash, you could simply cancel into f2u2 2+4 for 4.25% of chip and you are still at plus 2. Not many cast members can punish the 2+4 with armor, and not even Tempest Lao's Ex spin can punish f2u2xxdu4 into block. Once they respect that you are completely safe after the f2u2, you can grab, 1212, b2, b33, etc.
Dust is ex db2 or the mid hitting portion of db2 that causes a restand.

Midscreen:

b33~ex dust, ji2, f2u2~du4, 11, RUN~11~dust

b2~ex dust, ji2, f2u2~du4, 11, RUN~11~dust

Off these you get a free ji for pressure or you can kara cancel an f4 for the 50/50.

In the corner;

b2, 11, 1, f2u2~du4, 11, 11, 4~db2(ex), 33~bf4 (44%)

b33~db2(ex), 33~bf2, 11, 11, 4~bf4 (48%)

For damage.

For the 50/50 you can go;

b2, 11, 1, f2u2~du4, 11, 11, 4~db2(ex), b33

b33~bf2, f2u2~du4, 11, 11, 11, 4~db2(ex), b33

Leaves you at enough advantage for the 50/50. This is better than the f2 because you get a combo off both options, they both launch meterlessly, and they are both safe (you can hit confirm the bf2 off the b33).

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I feel 12~dust is better since it seems to leave the opponent closer.
I'll test it out further.

EDIT:
Did some testing and I really couldn't notice a difference in spacing whether or not I used 11 or 12 as the ended before dust. It mainly depended on how far I ran before executing it. Both left me in jump distance if I cancelled the run input quick enough.

Where I did notice a difference was in s1 anti-air combos where 12 leaves them closer. This was not always good however because sometime it wouldn't restand them because they'd get hit by the bullet instead of the dust.

Last edited:

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
This is a serious question since I don't know much about hi-tech jacqui. Is 4~df2 a pseudo block infinite vs almost the entire cast. From my understanding, it's an 8f normal special cancelled into a +2 special. Couldn't you just loop this? Why haven't I heard anything about this?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
This is a serious question since I don't know much about hi-tech jacqui. Is 4~df2 a pseudo block infinite vs almost the entire cast. From my understanding, it's an 8f normal special cancelled into a +2 special. Couldn't you just loop this? Why haven't I heard anything about this?
Yes and no. In the corner it's threatening but midscreen it doesn't mean shit. It's the same thing with her 1212 string which is +2 on block. You can make the read and try and poke out, you can armour, you can backdash, etc.

You haven't heard about it because it's only really threatening against Quan in the corner and also because barely anyone uses high tech. Midscreen there is enough pushback that some characters can walk out of it.

There is also a gap between 4 and df2 which you can backdash out of/reversal through. If you have level 1 or 2 gauntlet charge, the pushback is too great to land another s4 even in the corner.

This is not broken and she well and truly needs it. High Tech depends on plus frames and frame traps to get offense started because her t-rex limbs, terrible armour, poor air normals and complete and utter lack of full screen presence limits her in other ways.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
What panicmode said.

You can always backdash out of the next standing 4. You can usually backdash between 4 and df2 but sometimes there is no gap for some reason (NRS).

Did some testing and I really couldn't notice a difference in spacing whether or not I used 11 or 12 as the ended before dust.
Ok, maybe it's just me being used to rc~12~db2 after hours of FA before the patch and therefore being more comfortable with this input rather than any other)