What's new

Combo List - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui 'Bae' Briggs Combo Science Thread

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
Not sure if its been posted yet but a midscreen FA combo:

12-Low rocket -run- 4 - up rocket - run-11-BF4 33% damage. requires half a bar of stamina.

Not sure if its worth it, but its meterless.

Last edited:
Idk if it contributes or if you all figured it out already but I learned only about 2 Combos so far in her HT form..so figured I'd add them before bed :)

HT GSlvl2 F2 U2 2+4, F2 U2 2+4, 2 1 Bf2 42%(corner)
HT GSLVL2 F2 U2 2+4 run 12 bf4 (or bf1)
33%(midscreen)

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
I've only been using SG because no one seems to realize how good it actually is. Here's a double restand combo that's an amazing corner carry as well.

Gonna work on getting more damage out of it tomorrow
I've been using SG since day -3 lol it's decent. I've posted a similar combo "SG: F12 2+3 Dust run 33 BF2 run 11 BF4 = 31%" with the same damage and similar wall carry before, but it uses slightly less stamina and keeps them a little way from the corner {strangely this is better sometimes because you have better high low options with low shotty}. When you land the second Dust, it's better to go for a high/low (you'll lose around 4-5%,) but unless we're breaking the 35% barrier without using S3 (which is only really good for punishment) I think the shorter combos might end up being better :(.

You've probably already noticed, but the shotgun damage is lower than both FA and charged HT, so where it really shines is in the footsies game to keep people honest, and in the conversions game when you need to make the most of a random hit. The F122+3 helps a fair bit too...I was planning to play Shotgun exclusively, but the more I play, the more I think HT is the strongest long term - you essentially do the same thing and convert into better situations? Thoughts?

Ayane

Noob
HT does more dmg than shotgun consistently? It seems to me that you don't even really have combos in HT unless your in the corner. and there you would need lvl 2 charge to compete with full auto.

I decided to main someone else because it seemed like HT was going to be hella work for no reward. I like jackies mixups and speed and would of loved to add that with run cancelling her HT blast move. but if she can't convert well afterwards then theirs other chars who can just do these things but better. Unless there actually is a midscreen bnb off her mixups for HT now?

IKizzLE

BloodHound
HT does the least amount of damage across all variations. Charging to lvl 2 and then actually getting a combo right after is far too situational, especially against good players and especially when you have no projectile to keep someone honest.

Don't believe the HT hype until you see someone actually compete against tournament caliber players. I can 100% guarentee you, all jacqui players that will place at tournaments will be using SG and FA.

HT does the least amount of damage across all variations. Charging to lvl 2 and then actually getting a combo right after is far too situational, especially against good players and especially when you have no projectile to keep someone honest.

Don't believe the HT hype until you see someone actually compete against tournament caliber players. I can 100% guarentee you, all jacqui players that will place at tournaments will be using SG and FA.
Have you seen CD Jr. play HT Jacqui? He looked pretty impressive and was using her charge run cancels for pressure to great success. I haven't dabbled in the variation myself (I'm playing full auto), but I don't think we have the evidence this early into the game's life to start discouraging players from playing a certain variation.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Have you seen CD Jr. play HT Jacqui? He looked pretty impressive and was using her charge run cancels for pressure to great success. I haven't dabbled in the variation myself (I'm playing full auto), but I don't think we have the evidence this early into the game's life to start discouraging players from playing a certain variation.
I have and I am not discouraging anybody to not play any character or variation. Everything that I say is of course my opinion and imo, I doubt CDjr uses HT over FA or SG in any major top 8, if he picks jacqui at all.

I have and I am not discouraging anybody to not play any character or variation. Everything that I say is of course my opinion and imo, I doubt CDjr uses HT over FA or SG in any major top 8, if he picks jacqui at all.
That could be true and I agree to a point that HT variation seems underwhelming compared to FA and SG. At the same time, the game has only been out for a full 3 days and there is so much still to be discovered.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
That could be true and I agree to a point that HT variation seems underwhelming compared to FA and SG. At the same time, the game has only been out for a full 3 days and there is so much still to be discovered.
I'm not disagreeing with you. I look forward to seeing HT in tournament the most, because I really want to see what people do with it against the majority of the cast. From safely charging to pressure, I'm curious to see how it pans out. I'm just taking a stand against the folks who keep hyping up HT while not breaking down pros and cons against the rest of the cast, and the positive/negative difference between it and her other variations.

You've probably already noticed, but the shotgun damage is lower than both FA and charged HT, so where it really shines is in the footsies game to keep people honest, and in the conversions game when you need to make the most of a random hit. The F122+3 helps a fair bit too...I was planning to play Shotgun exclusively, but the more I play, the more I think HT is the strongest long term - you essentially do the same thing and convert into better situations? Thoughts?
I see them like this.

HT - All around damage. Charge up after knockdown and resume pressure.

FA - High damage, straight forward conversions and pressure

SG - Mixups, frametraps and crazy conversions

I come from a street fighter background and SG reminds me of Cody from SF4 or Bryan in SFxT. Which are the types of playstyle I feel most comfortable with/ Everything she does in SG pushes them to the corner and once you get them there SG can convert off the most random hits. Her hi/lo game is most dangerous with SG and like any hi/lo game it shines in the corner.

try this: d3 xx df2 as SG

it's amazing at creating space, making them respect your normals AND getting them to block low. You can do something similar with HT but the threat isn't as far and you cant do d3 xx db2 and go low twice instead.

Also being able to convert juggle into dust restands is ridiculous because her ground strings are where most of her damage is contained. Being able to extend them like that is amazing.

I think it's personal preference but HT might be the "worst"

OvegaRed

Noob
So in FA, is ending a rocket juggle (in a meterless combo) with run into throw ever useful? The throw can be teched but on a read, not on reaction. Looks like the opponent can quickstand faster than I'm able to get an ex-low rocket out for oki pressure though. Probably better to just do run, 11 xx BF4 for damage right?

I'm not disagreeing with you. I look forward to seeing HT in tournament the most, because I really want to see what people do with it against the majority of the cast. From safely charging to pressure, I'm curious to see how it pans out. I'm just taking a stand against the folks who keep hyping up HT while not breaking down pros and cons against the rest of the cast, and the positive/negative difference between it and her other variations.
Yes it will be interesting to see. To get back on topic

Midscreen (Full Auto) - NJP, Walk F, F2~DB2, 33~BF4 = 33% (Must reverse input for db2 as you will sideswitch after the f2. I can post a video if anyone is having trouble)

Last edited:

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Isn't the first hit of 121 a high though?
What I mean is.. If you hit d3, 121 is guaranteed I think (although they can block). Been using that for my poke game. I've also been using d3(cancel)-machine gun, sometimes followed up by bf1. Or d3-machine gun, run, repeat. Still brainstorming.

Similar to Cyrax D4-121 or D4(cancel)-chestsaw in mk9... blockable, but guaranteed pressure if hit low first.

Last edited:

IKizzLE

BloodHound
I see them like this.

HT - All around damage. Charge up after knockdown and resume pressure.

FA - High damage, straight forward conversions and pressure

SG - Mixups, frametraps and crazy conversions

I come from a street fighter background and SG reminds me of Cody from SF4 or Bryan in SFxT. Which are the types of playstyle I feel most comfortable with/ Everything she does in SG pushes them to the corner and once you get them there SG can convert off the most random hits. Her hi/lo game is most dangerous with SG and like any hi/lo game it shines in the corner.

try this: d3 xx df2 as SG

it's amazing at creating space, making them respect your normals AND getting them to block low. You can do something similar with HT but the threat isn't as far and you cant do d3 xx db2 and go low twice instead.

Also being able to convert juggle into dust restands is ridiculous because her ground strings are where most of her damage is contained. Being able to extend them like that is amazing.

I think it's personal preference but HT might be the "worst"
Haven't tested it much, but isnt d3 ~ df2 in SG punishable by uppercut since df2 is a high?
D3~df2 in HT is much better since its a mid and puts you at +4, which gets you a free d3 again unless they armor. With knuckles charged up, on block, youll do a lot of chip as well.

JustinXavier21

What I mean is.. If you hit d3, 121 is guaranteed I think (although they can block). Been using that for my poke game. I've also been using d3(cancel)-machine gun, sometimes followed up by bf1. Or d3-machine gun, run, repeat. Still brainstorming.

Similar to Cyrax D4-121 or D4(cancel)-chestsaw in mk9... blockable, but guaranteed pressure if hit low first.
The D3 forces standing on hit guaranteeing you the string - but it's punishable on whiff by blocking and the using a crouch move...HOWEVER, D3 into S4 seems to be airtight regardless and hits mid. You can cancel into high SG safely as it forces stand and leaves you neutral. S4 is the next move we all need to be using. Also, for those struggling with run combos (probably all of us lol, you can use run S4 BF4 to end several combos and it's safer than whiffing 12...

Last edited:

JustinXavier21

I agree about S4. Based on the hit animation, I'm wondering if could be used to end combos and leave the opponent standing.
NOOOO!!! Lol I thought you were onto the next big development but it won't combo into Dust! S4 on females is really hard or not possible in any case; is someone can make it work, we're onto a good thing mayne