What's new

It's Time. Make Your Voice Heard About MK9's Gameplay!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
its ok..

from what i seen from elite umk3 players (as i have played them now) they do use that punch tech when ever they get the chance, its silly not too. i started using it myself, i suck hardcore at umk3 but im learning. umk3 has many many easy things to abuse. mk players that talk smack about other mk games "glitches" and "easy abusable" things are silly. talking smack at the gameplay is one thing, but to say the glictches from one mk games is worse then another is silly. so calling one mk game a joke but saying the other mk game isnt........ pot meet kettle.
A glitch isn't just a glitch. Some are completely broken and some aren't. I agree that the corner jab cancel is broken, but it's not easy to abuse. You have to push them to the corner and a high level player won't get stuck in that situation very often. Other than that, and the defense jabs, there's not many, if any, easy things to abuse that are useful. It takes a long time to become a good player in UMK3, the skill gap is pretty large. So please stop implying that UMK3 is some easy, broken game.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
A glitch isn't just a glitch. Some are completely broken and some aren't. I agree that the corner jab cancel is broken, but it's not easy to abuse. You have to push them to the corner and a high level player won't get stuck in that situation very often. Other than that, and the defense jabs, there's not many, if any, easy things to abuse that are useful. It takes a long time to become a good player in UMK3, the skill gap is pretty large. So please stop implying that UMK3 is some easy, broken game.
i love mk but one isnt better then the other when u get technical. theres lots of horrble abusable things in umk3 that technically isnt a glitch. i didnt mean to hurt your feelings.... truth hurts :) reguardless i play and love mk everyday :) (except i dislike mk4, mk da and mk dc).

your opinion is that UMK3 is the best MK ever. my opinion is MK2 and MKD are the best. i also love MKA and Like MK1 and mk3-MKT.

MKF ~ yea those matches way back when were awesome back and forth :) good times. i play MK2 on mame and PS3, SINH3LL is my name there. i also plan on getting a 360 by MK9 release.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
i love mk but one isnt better then the other when u get technical. theres lots of horrble abusable things in umk3 that technically isnt a glitch. i didnt mean to hurt your feelings.... truth hurts :) reguardless i play and love mk everyday :) (except i dislike mk4, mk da and mk dc).
Well, you're wrong. UMK3 is the best MK game when you get technical. It's the best MK game in virtually every aspect competitive wise. What are these "lots of horrble abusable things in umk3" outside of what I mentioned? Moreover that aren't a glitch?

Hurt my feelings? I didn't make the game dude, I play what I am given. But when you start stating things vaguely, and passing off false information, especially about the best MK game and a game I'm passionate about, don't expect me to keep quiet.

11) Meter Management - How will this be balanced from MKDC? If im beating up on you real bad in the first/second round. Can i just drop my controller, let you hit me on purpose just so you can build my meter?

a. Because if i win the first round in MKDC, you will have more meter than me for the second round since you took more damage. I can use the second round to make you waste your meter and just gradually increase mine so that for the 3rd round, i have almost full meter by the time you have 60% health left, hit you with a rage combo midway through the round and its over.

How will this gameplay imbalance in regards to meter buildup be resolved?

b. Because if im getting my ass kicked in the 3rd round, but have more meter than you, i can wait until all of mine is filled and turn the tables on you where 90% of the time this happens, the person with the meter comes back and wins. Big reason being that afte rbeing hit by the rage combo, you are the still caught in that persons frametraps etc, for instance, Sonya ending her combo with a df3 right when her rage runs out. You are still forced into her mixups afterwards.

How will this gameplay imbalance in regards to meter buildup be resolved?

12) How is meter buildup from hits on block being toned down?
13) How much damage will hits on block do now?
14) Will meter buildup off blocked hits be removed????????????
15) Is there an option for shutting off the meter?
16) What are some new ways to build up your meter?
17) Will quick recovery be performed a different way since pressing down and back disables your block? In Lords of Shadow, you simply tap 3 to QR. On some knockdowns in MKvsDC, you can tap block to QR.

18) Will quick recovery be built in the animations so that we dont have to perform it?
19) Will quick recovery online be fixed from MKDC? In MKDC, the character appears laying down still on your screen, where as they have already QR'd and are moving on theirs. This was NOT a problem in MKD and MKA. Please fix.

20) Weapons are known for having more priority over hand to hand stances in Mortal Kombat, thus creating an imbalance. What things are you doing to ensure that this is resolved?

10 more when im ready.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Well, you're wrong. UMK3 is the best MK game when you get technical. It's the best MK game in virtually every aspect competitive wise. What are these "lots of horrble abusable things in umk3" outside of what I mentioned? Moreover that aren't a glitch?

Hurt my feelings? I didn't make the game dude, I play what I am given. But when you start stating things vaguely, and passing off false information, especially about the best MK game and a game I'm passionate about, don't expect me to keep quiet.
wtf are u going on about?? the point im making is that MK vs other fighters --> MK is a joke. so when a fan says one MK is a joke compared to another MK is Extremely funny...

im not passing off any "false information" IM PASSING OFF MY FUCKING OPINION.. deal with it..

isnt MK vs DC the more technically sound mk game??

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
MKDC has random issues with hitboxes and blocking...the females have strange hitboxes that make stuff whiff randomly and the blocking is really weird.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Only the ignorant haters out there think MK is a joke compared to other fighters, in this country SC, VF, Tekken and KI for example aren't even NEAR as popular as MK is and SF is far more then all of them combined so..lol besides I'll bet my left pinky that those people that think MK is a joke would get raped by me and most on here in the best MK games...

Thanks storms for reminding everyone about that thread man lol ^ good stuff. Good point lol

Anywho, for here I wonder what the deal will be with how throw escapes work. I read they work differently then MK vs. DCU, meaning instead of pushing 2 buttons(or the throw button) in that game at the same time to throw escape a throw attempt, it's just one of the shoulder buttons that's said to be a throw cancel/escape button? I can't remember which video this was said but someone mentioned it on one of the many youtube videos of mk9 gameplay

MKDC has random issues with hitboxes and blocking...the females have strange hitboxes that make stuff whiff randomly and the blocking is really weird.
compile this stuff into questions for the MK team (if you dare).

1) In MKDC's defense, it goes beyond females, and actually targets faults that were in UMK as well. In essence, the way certain characters hitboxes match up with each other determines the winner. So it is not just limited to females, it incorporates every known matchup available and how each of their hitboxes match up. Id say joker vs flash is good example of the severe problems in regards to hitboxes. Player 2 in MKA/MKD had each character share the same hitboxes regardless of size, however the way each character stood in their stances is what created a lot of hitboxes problems/whiffing etc.

How will this be resolved?

2) Character stance - In MKDC, character stance was an issue because if you were facing the opposite way as your opponent, certain moves would not reach after they block a move, which gives the opponent a free opportunity everytime. Where as if you were both facing the same way, they will have their normal reach as they always do.

Will hits that are done after a hit that is blocked have the same properties from facing either side? (If you do not understand the question, when you backdash you switch sides)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
compile this stuff into questions for the MK team (if you dare).

1) In MKDC's defense, it goes beyond females, and actually targets faults that were in UMK as well. In essence, the way certain characters hitboxes match up with each other determines the winner. So it is not just limited to females, it incorporates every known matchup available and how each of their hitboxes match up. Id say joker vs flash is good example of the severe problems in regards to hitboxes. Player 2 in MKA/MKD had each character share the same hitboxes regardless of size, however the way each character stood in their stances is what created a lot of hitboxes problems/whiffing etc.

How will this be resolved?

2) Character stance - In MKDC, character stance was an issue because if you were facing the opposite way as your opponent, certain moves would not reach after they block a move, which gives the opponent a free opportunity everytime. Where as if you were both facing the same way, they will have their normal reach as they always do.

Will hits that are done after a hit that is blocked have the same properties from facing either side? (If you do not understand the question, when you backdash you switch sides)
I took a pic of this whole post of yours and submitted it to #mkast.

REO

Undead
i actually like the different properties chars have, it makes them unique, i dont see why it has to be removed or what the big issue is.

1) There are some weird block properties in MKDC where even if you see a move coming at you, and you press block, you still get hit. It is even more apparent on HDTV's since they have noticable delay. Sonyas DF3 comes to mind.

Is the team aware of this and has the issue been addressed?

- In my opinion, whats causing it is block has to be pressed before they finish inputing the move. This property is displayed for Batmans batbomb exploding in between 3b1; If you press block between when the batbomb hits and 3 connects, then it becomes blockable. Any time later it doesnt.

Please address the blocking. Its very important. It hurt MK vs DC.

2) When will MKD and MKA be available to play online again on ps2? Will we be getting new and better servers for those games? <--- This can be applied to MK9 as well.

3) Talk about your experiences online during Fight Night when the developers played the fans.

Noob
Pete was referring to the corner pushback in juggle scenarios like in UMK3. Those you can't cancel with block or run, but depending on the amount of hits, and when timed right based on recovery frames, you can use a special move afterward. For instance:

H.Smoke - naked 2 hit popup close to corner(but not in pushback range), walk in, Roundhouse while opponent is high = pushback + 30 recovery frames... too long for special move

Same scenario, but instead, do the RH when the opponent is almost on the ground = pushback + 20 recovery frames... that gives you enough time to throw a spear and follow up with a BnB corner combo.

This is why pushback is so important. It has added depth to the game in terms of strategy and use of the corners. It stops certain abusable things from happening but at the same time allows you, when you know what to do, to use that pushback to create even more opportunities for damage.

The builds of MK9 that I've seen have shown no corner pushback. This means.. popup in the corner, dash, punch, dash, punch, dash, punch... = infinite that is stupid easy to do. Or it might even easier... no pushback means no pushback... just juggle to the corner and keep doing MK9's equivalent of spamming High Punch and with no pushback you get an infinite corner juggle. This is also why pushback is so important.