What's new

It's Time. Make Your Voice Heard About MK9's Gameplay!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Who is doing balance testing for MK9? I've heard that some Marvel and Tekken players were brought in for testing.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Thats so mean,lame and disrespectful....Marvel and Tekken....god damn....Can those freaks just fly Check and Shock for consulting and balancing. Maybe they can call Daigo and the rest of the SF pros for tips....unbelievable.

I just reread what was stated by THTB. That's unfortunate, but i still credit the MK Team for the love they've shown me and my videos. That was my goal one day to reach and i got it. Im going to school just like they said to do in their MKasts for MKvsDC: "Theres no golden tickets in this business. GO TO SCHOOL." So i am, and i will wait for my chance to test for them so that the community can play a MK game that they can say "Yea, Check worked on this."

My door is always open.

While MK9 is shying away from MKvsDC, it was still built off of it. It would be wise to bring in MK players at some point before November or before April.

I really hope that question gets answered on the next MKast about their choice of Marvel and Tekken over MK players.

1) If Jade is confirmed, can we please have her do a fatality where she'd shove her Bo in the victim's butt? Seriously!

2) Can Mileena have a fatality similar to this ?: First, she kicks the enemy knocking him off to the ground on his back. Next, she jumps while backflipping in the air and tosses her sais at her opponent's arms, nailing them to the ground. Then, Mileena unmasks herself, crawls up to the victim, and starts eating him up from between his legs, to his abdomen (ripping out his intestines and eating them up), to his chest (eat the heart), to the neck (biting off the throat), and finally to the face (chewing it up and bting off the head at the end).

3) Can we please have Kitana unmask herself when she does a Kiss of Death and this time, can we please have the opponent twitch and then gradually fall apart into bloody pieces?

4) Please fix ALL GLITCHES such as hair going through character models when they are not suppose to?

5) Please more screaming?

6) Basically have my favorite female fighters (Kitana, Mileena, Jade, Sindel, and Sonya) have at least each have 1 outrageously nasty fatality that is nasty as Kung Lao's Buzzsaw (like the ones I mentioned in the first 2 questions).

Thank you in advance!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm going to keep people in suspence here since I have a twitter account, so keep an eye out for what I'll be asking if you're curious but I'll be asking something nobody in here has asked yet Surprisingly or maybe I should post em here...lol;) cool thread though man.

Ok, screw it lol even though I asked already on MKkast, have nothing to lose right since you want it here Storms.

1. Will there be pushback again like UMK3 near the corners when you're crowding someone or doing a combo near the corners, I didn't see this in the E3/Pax builds?

2. How will the co-op arcade mode work with a friend, take turns or swap in and out in mid gameplay?

3. Will there be multiple levels in one fight brought back again like UMK3/MKT uppercutting them thru roofs in mid gameplay?

4. How soon after roughly would tweaks and patches be implemented after discovering a bug or busted element, few weeks or a month?

marvel and takken players testing........ this show they know that most of the mk players are scrubs ........but if they know about check's videos why in the fuck they do not want to pick check as one of this players testing the game? maybe they think check will tell us things that we should not know yet. i really will like this question answere as well as mine. i am so stupid about computer that even when i have open a twitter account i can not post my question lol.

please people asked this and this. losing the ability to block after you get hit with a x-ray attack sounds broken. what do you think?

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
It doesnt really matter if its Marvel or Tekken players as long as they know wtf they are testing.

However, after all of the work Check has done, you would think they would ask him for once. It took him a week to figure out some of the most retarded shit on MKvsDC. And to add leverage to it all, MK9 uses the same unreal engine that Check is familiar with. Even Arkham Asylum uses the unreal engine...

Tim Static

Adminerator
It doesnt really matter if its Marvel or Tekken players as long as they know wtf they are testing.

However, after all of the work Check has done, you would think they would ask him for once. It took him a week to figure out some of the most retarded shit on MKvsDC. And to add leverage to it all, MK9 uses the same unreal engine that Check is familiar with. Even Arkham Asylum uses the unreal engine...
with that being said, shouldnt he be exploiting the Unreal FPS's, as well as all the other games using the Unreal engine?

Fact is this game seems to be more of a 2d MKvDCU sans DCU. They arent using the old testers they had and havent been using them for a decade plus. The game just seems to headed directly straight down the toilet, patches/updates or not. Untill they BETA test this game with elite players, it will fail. Quality wise, again. Sales never fail no matter how shitty the MK game is.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Question 1: Would you ever consider allowing MK tournament players to beta test "Mortal Kombat" and give feedback for improvements?
Question 2: Would you consider opening a line of communication between the elite players and the developers for improvements after release?

Probably the best two questions I've ever read for the Mkast!!!!!!!!

DanCock

Cock Master!!
1) Have the hitboxes vs female characters been improved?
2) Is player 1 and player 2 programmed the same?
3) Is the blocking improved?
4) Are tradeoff hits gone online?
5) Backturned moves gone?
6) Are lows improved from MKDC? Is MK9 gonna be another highfest?
7) Are dial combos duckable in between hits?
8) How are Breakers performed?
9) How many hits can we expect combos to go up to. How much damage will they do.
10) Tell us some of your favorite combos that you've seen posted online :)
wow great questions.. 3, 5, 6, and above all else especially number 7. good questions check :)

Question 1: Would you ever consider allowing MK tournament players to beta test "Mortal Kombat" and give feedback for improvements?
Question 2: Would you consider opening a line of communication between the elite players and the developers for improvements after release?
more good questions nice :)

mkbat

Noob
Will all the Mk characters be very unique from each other? Instead of before when everyone was borrowing each others moves.

JagoMIH

Noob
i think they're stupid for not letting check test, it's gonna be funny to see him find 5000 things these tekken players didn't notice while testing after the game is released.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i think they're stupid for not letting check test, it's gonna be funny to see him find 5000 things these tekken players didn't notice while testing after the game is released.
whats worse is those fuckers will be getting paid and check wont be.. disgusting..

mkbat

Noob
How many special moves will each character have? I remember certain characters had more moves then others in MK vs DC.

MKF30

I agree, and we all know that it doesn't mean anything anyway...hiring someone to discover something doesn't =great player, I'm positive most on here would destroy Tekken and Marvel players in most MK games.

BTW, guys this is a modified UR engine not the same exact one used for UR FPS's. I believe Boon and Himmerick both stated this a few times in various interviews.

With testers, Paulo has been with the MK team since MK4 at least -present, can't say the same for some of these newer guys though. I don't think it'll fail, I can't see anyone making predictions either way since it's still has 5+ months to go....

P.S. am I the only one to care about Pushback? lol...

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I agree, and we all know that it doesn't mean anything anyway...hiring someone to discover something doesn't =great player, I'm positive most on here would destroy Tekken and Marvel players in most MK games.

BTW, guys this is a modified UR engine not the same exact one used for UR FPS's. I believe Boon and Himmerick both stated this a few times in various interviews.

With testers, Paulo has been with the MK team since MK4 at least -present, can't say the same for some of these newer guys though. I don't think it'll fail, I can't see anyone making predictions either way since it's still has 5+ months to go....

P.S. am I the only one to care about Pushback? lol...
you can cancel the push back in umk3 with block and turn it into a Infinite.. so maybe you should modify your question. and another thing, i know personally i ignored your post cause it started out kinda annoying. i have never had a problem with you but it was kind of a weird post.. not sure if thats why everyone else ignored it lol

Yea, i'm kind of scratching my head at MKF's post. I guess i'm not a great player lol.

Anyway, pushback has been addressed with my blocking question; we want to know how blocking has been improved since MKvsDC.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I agree, and we all know that it doesn't mean anything anyway...hiring someone to discover something doesn't =great player.
Well in Check's case... that would be false. :)

Not kissing ass either... just the truth.

Hire the greater players to test the games = SMART.

MKF30

Yea, i'm kind of scratching my head at MKF's post. I guess i'm not a great player lol.

Anyway, pushback has been addressed with my blocking question; we want to know how blocking has been improved since MKvsDC.
lol you guys took what I said the wrong way....when did I say Check? lol I said Tekken/Marvel players and being a tester doesn't mean you're an automatic great player. Check is an exception for 3D MK games obviously lol but I thought someone was hinting that "Tekken/Mavel players make MK elite players scrubs" which I thought was bs lol. So let me establish what I was referring to, I never said Check was a bad player ;)

I also agree Check should be a tester and not Tekken players(who chances are don't even play MK games, where as Check does) aside from the discovering thing :)

P.S. your question covers corner push backs as well dude? That's what I was asking(not just the block push back which I noticed you asked) :) In a few videos of E3 and Pax builds it doesn't look identical to MKDC's(which looked odd) lol but then again that game wasn't fully 2D.

@Dan? lol eh? Guess you couldn't sense my sarcasm there(shrugs shoulders* at any rate you shouldn't ignore it) this isn't UMK3 and Push back is important, ask Phil ;)

Also, only a few players do that cancel jab infinite crap anyway...majority of UMK3 don't do that or I should say good UMK3 players don't need that to win in most cases. But honestly dude, if you have an issue with that then clearly you understand why MK D and MKA are jokes in comparison given the amount of "easy glitches" people can abuse in those games lol at least UMK3 takes a reasonable amount of skill lol. In any case Dan, I made sure to post it via MKKast's twitter since I do care about it.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
lol you guys took what I said the wrong way....when did I say Check? lol I said Tekken/Marvel players and being a tester doesn't mean you're an automatic great player. Check is an exception for 3D MK games obviously lol but I thought someone was hinting that "Tekken/Mavel players make MK elite players scrubs" which I thought was bs lol. So let me establish what I was referring to, I never said Check was a bad player ;)

I also agree Check should be a tester and not Tekken players(who chances are don't even play MK games, where as Check does) aside from the discovering thing :)

P.S. your question covers corner push backs as well dude? That's what I was asking(not just the block push back which I noticed you asked) :) In a few videos of E3 and Pax builds it doesn't look identical to MKDC's(which looked odd) lol but then again that game wasn't fully 2D.

@Dan? lol eh? Guess you couldn't sense my sarcasm there(shrugs shoulders* at any rate you shouldn't ignore it) this isn't UMK3 and Push back is important, ask Phil ;)

Also, only a few players do that cancel jab infinite crap anyway...majority of UMK3 don't do that or I should say good UMK3 players don't need that to win in most cases. But honestly dude, if you have an issue with that then clearly you understand why MK D and MKA are jokes in comparison given the amount of "easy glitches" people can abuse in those games lol at least UMK3 takes a reasonable amount of skill lol. In any case Dan, I made sure to post it via MKKast's twitter since I do care about it.
its ok..

from what i seen from elite umk3 players (as i have played them now) they do use that punch tech when ever they get the chance, its silly not too. i started using it myself, i suck hardcore at umk3 but im learning. umk3 has many many easy things to abuse. mk players that talk smack about other mk games "glitches" and "easy abusable" things are silly. talking smack at the gameplay is one thing, but to say the glictches from one mk games is worse then another is silly. so calling one mk game a joke but saying the other mk game isnt........ pot meet kettle.

MKF30

Oh yeah, I won't say UMK3 is "perfect" and I agree if you know the higher level tools in UMK3, you should use them properly...no fighter is as far as I'm concerned lol but in terms of more balanced, better gameplay and let's just say the things you can "abuse" isn't near the bs like FT's, easy OTG's, Throw, SS infinite repeat etc that you saw in MK D and MKA with AC. I understand majority agreed to use them, FT's being the big thing but you have to admit a 5th grader could do that. Now, UMK3 and even MK2's tricks actually will take a reasonable amount of practice months minimum if not years depending on the player.

It definitely takes years to get good that's for sure lol. I hear what you're saying but as someone who plays every MK and not just the 3D or the 2D, I can easily say as much fun as the 3D games are, they're nothing in comparison to MK2 and UMK3 even more especially....with being taken more seriously...even I know this(and everyone here knows my obsession for MK surely by now lol) so you'll have to forgive me for thinking that's not silly. Trash talking in anything is dumb IMO, just play, enjoy and do your best. Me, I won't talk smack unless someone comes at me first or cheats me(pulling, modding etc)otherwise it's all GG's from me....as I'm sure you know by now.

I remember when I played you in MK D for Xbox way back we had some fun matches, Your Sindel vs. my Ermac. Good times lol. Do you play MK2 on PS3 at all btw? I know you play on MAME, reason why I'm asking man is eventually I will get a PS3. One I do, I'll be playing MK2(even though it's more casual online no doubt) :)