What's new

It's Time. Make Your Voice Heard About MK9's Gameplay!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Taken from the official MK Twitter:
Mortal Kombat Don't just ask us if a particular character is in the game. Our designers are willing to let you look under the hood so think gameplay and think deeper!

This is the time for us to voice our questions about MK9's gameplay and since this got no response in the other thread I thought I'd try once more and make a thread specifically for it.

Here's the deal, the MKAST will air this week... not exactly sure when right now, but in the mean time we need to get questions submitted. If you do not have a twitter account, simply submit your questions (legit questions, nothing joking) in this thread and I will submit them through TYM's twitter account (www.twitter.com/test_your_might).

The most important question I can think of at the moment is...

1. If abusive moves/specials in MK9 are found, will they be addressed immediately?
2. Is the MK1-UMK3 HD arcade compilation actually coming out? If so when? ~ Juggs
3. We've been told you can't block X-Rays? What are you doing to balance X-RAY attacks to avoid broken mechanics in MK9? ~ Riu
1) Have the hitboxes vs female characters been improved?
2) Is player 1 and player 2 programmed the same?
3) Is the blocking improved?
4) Are tradeoff hits gone online?
5) Backturned moves gone?
6) Are lows improved from MKDC? Is MK9 gonna be another highfest?
7) Are dial combos duckable in between hits?
8) How are Breakers performed?
9) How many hits can we expect combos to go up to. How much damage will they do.
10) Tell us some of your favorite combos that you've seen posted online
~ Check
Are they going to have character specific inputs for X-Rays, or will it be the same as PAX inputs? ~ 5Ermacs
1. Will you have another chance for fans to playtest it like back in PAX again?
2. With that online tournament mode, what is going to be done about pulling?
~ subzerosmokerai

*Please, keep your questions as short as possible and to the point, because there is a 140 character limit and it must include a hashtag (#mkast).

Submit your questions in this thread, and if you have a twitter account, please Retweet!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Is the MK1-UMK3 HD arcade compilation actually coming out? If so when?

EB said that after you been hit with a x-ray attack you will not be able to block or move as quick for a few seconds. x-ray move alreay take a lot of damage we feel that adding this to the damage that x-ray attacks are making will be a broken feature. what are you guys doing to balance this so that it doest not end out been broken?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
EB said that after you been hit with a x-ray attack you will not be able to block or move as quick for a few seconds. x-ray move alreay take a lot of damage we feel that adding this to the damage that x-ray attacks are making will be a broken feature. what are you guys doing to balance this so that it doest not end out been broken?
We've been told you can't block X-Rays? What are you doing to balance X-RAY attacks to avoid broken mechanics in MK9?

That's what I put, hope it suites you.

9) How many hits can we expect combos to go up to. How much damage will they do.
10) Tell us some of your favorite combos that you've seen posted online :)

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Are they going to have character specific inputs for X-Rays, or will it be the same as PAX inputs?

We've been told you can't block X-Rays? What are you doing to balance X-RAY attacks to avoid broken mechanics in MK9?

That's what I put, hope it suites you.
storms we already know that x-ray attacks can be blocked. did you sumitted my question

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
10) Tell us some of your favorite combos that you've seen posted online :)
Done! :top:

www.twitter.com/test_your_might, and FYI to all... our Twitter account has gained some very respectable followers includng MK's official Twitter account including WB Entertainment and WB Games, so please... take advantage of this thread!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
storms we already know that x-ray attacks can be blocked. did you sumitted my question
I had to shorten the length of your question and even if the first part of it is redundant, the 2nd part of the question is still there.

If you would like me to ask another question, please post it. The more the better!

I had to shorten the length of your question and even if the first part of it is redundant, the 2nd part of the question is still there.

If you would like me to ask another question, please post it. The more the better!
use this

do not been able to block after you get hit with a x-ray attack sounds broken what are you doing so this do not end out been broken?
every body should ask this so that they see that is somethinh be really want to know well i do

SZSR

Noob
1. Will you have another chance for fans to playtest it like back in PAX again?
2. With that online tournament mode, what is going to be done about pulling?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
use this

do not been able to block after you get hit with a x-ray attack sounds broken what are you doing so this do not end out been broken?
every body should ask this so that they see that is somethinh be really want to know well i do
Well, I think the real question here is "Can you block X-RAY attacks", because obviously, just like a combo (with the exception of a combo breaker) you cannot block mid-combo.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Also, if any of you have twitter accounts, please retweet us! The more they get the same question the more likely they are to answer!

Keep the questions coming!

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
@storms
I think he means that after you get hit and get up, you cannot block for a period of time after receiving an x-ray

Although Ed could have been talking about starting combos with x-rays and not actually losing the ability to block, that's what I assumed he meant and just worded it weird

Well, I think the real question here is "Can you block X-RAY attacks", because obviously, just like a combo (with the exception of a combo breaker) you cannot block mid-combo.
you do can block x-ray attack we have seen x-ray attacks been blocked on vids...why ask something we already know ?

I think he means that after you get hit and get up, you cannot block for a period of time after receiving an x-ray

Although Ed could have been talking about starting combos with x-rays and not actually losing the ability to block, that's what I assumed he meant and just worded it weird
yea that is what i mean.

he said you will not be able to block

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
you do can block x-ray attack we have seen x-ray attacks been blocked on vids...why ask something we already know ?
Well, sure but your question also seems redundant to me. If I am understanding you correctly your question was "Can you block X-RAY attacks after you've been hit with them", meaning if it's a three-hit X-RAY, can I block it after the first hit.

Maybe, I'm not understanding you correctly. If not, I apologize.

You can all see the questions posted on our twitter account by clicking here: www.twitter.com/test_your_might

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
@storms

yea that is what i mean.

he said you will not be able to block
My apologies. Very good question, thanks guys. I have posted it/asked it on Twitter.

Noob
The throw/tech system looks to parallel the SSF4 system. In games past, chip damage has meant a great deal to the flow of any MK game, making it all the more important to avoid rushdown, almost making it pointless to attempt anything but a throw at close range. This seems to nullify rushdown, and it seems that implementing a tech system like this tends to create a turtle style game, or at the very worst, a mixup 50/50 tech/fake game. This is no different than, nor is it breaking any new ground that SSF4 hasn't already done. What are you doing to make this different than SSF4?

if someone quits when your about to do a fatalty can you make it so there gamertag changes to FAGQUITTER for a few weeks?

SZSR

Noob
With Tag team mode online, will you be able to tag team with a friend who lives far away against two different people who live far from each other?
Also, will you be able to tag team with a sibling or a next door neighbor (basically playing on the same console) against people who live far away online?