What's new

Breakthrough It's Time for your Apology

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Everyone, this battle is over. @Hysteria has been proven correct, wonder woman is a fair ass character. Instead we should focus our efforts on the brokenness that is Sinestro. Fuck that character amirite?

No.

Wonder Woman is still a ridiculously strong character that exists in a game where even the top tiers can be subject to absolutely insane matchups and a metagame that more than any other fighting game can eat you alive for not knowing the most obscure gimmicky setups imaginable.

The "this character isn't that good cuz tournament results" is a bad argument for any fighting game, but ESPECIALLY for Injustice- because like I said, the meta.

Whether she's top 5 or not is irrelevant. "Top 5" arguments are inevitably just downplaying/upplaying fests because the very concept is flawed and allows itself for purposeful misinterpretation.

There can be 10 equally strong characters, yet there's still only 5 slots in the dumb, metaphorical concept of the "top 5". So you can make a "top 5" out of those 10 equally strong characters over 50 different ways and none would be any less true than the other. It's actually what people do with the top tiers of Injustice ALL THE FREKING TIME, because it allows them to say "this character is top 5" or "this character is not top 5" and it will sound reasonable either way, given how stacked the upper tiers are in this game the ones that fill the slot always make sense to at least some degree.

So, like I said- "Top 5" characters is a dumb concept used for dumb arguments- it really only matters if the character is "top tier" or not, because you can have all those 10 characters in the top tier without them arbitrarily knocking each other out due to limited space.

And so the reasonable question is: "Is Wonder Woman top tier?"

And what do you think the reasonable answer to THAT question is??

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Top 5 belongs to MMH, AM, BG, Bane and flash. After that 6th is up for grabs. Her corner game alone could give her a Top 5 position, what I see that could give her a problem is that she can suffer a lot in some MUs that the top 5 can careless about. However she 7-3's Joker so who cares :joker:

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Top 5 belongs to MMH, AM, BG, Bane and flash. After that 6th is up for grabs. Her corner game alone could give her a Top 5 position, what I see that could give her a problem is that she can suffer a lot in some MUs that the top 5 can careless about. However she 7-3's Joker so who cares :joker:
no way ...... Joker can oki the absolute fuck outta her.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
yes it does

BG takes advantage of two fundamental aspects of the game. She controls you from using intereactables...... and she has a 50/50 the loops into itself and is unseeable.... meaning she is a TOD type character.

WW's 50/50 stuff does NOT loop on itself so it if you guess wrong you are only eating raw damage.

BG doesn't dominate characters... i agree.... she dominates the other player.
Yeah you're only eating HALF OF YOUR FREAKING LIFEBAR. Not to mention she has good oki options.

TKB

Noob
All this is irrelevant. I have legitimate evidence based on accurate mu numbers that top 5 are (in order) mmh,am,zod, bane and flash(joint 4th)
Lol I love you Ron.

Batgirl just has to be top 5 though. There's no way in fuck she isn't. A month ago I didn't feel she was there, maybe just outside of it but I've since changed my mind.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
Lol I love you Ron.

Batgirl just has to be top 5 though. There's no way in fuck she isn't. A month ago I didn't feel she was there, maybe just outside of it but I've since changed my mind.
Lol, yeah I feel she's top 5 because of her overall bullshit factor but honestly I think all batgirl players downplay her so her mu charts are inaccurate. She's very close at 6th place but honestly she could well be at 4th and flash/bane at 5th.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
her oki is C+ at best

No. Non of her stuff loops on itself. Even in the corner.
Not like a vortex. But off of her knockdown you have her obvious 50 50, crossup fwd3, otgs, plus her mobility with air dash makes it easy to beat wakeups. She has tons of ways to hit you again off of her knockdowns.

BartenderJeeves

Almost a bartender, but not exactly a bartender.
Wonder Woman is a great character. IIRC she only has ONE bad match-up (Lex) and pretty much makes you guess from the start of the match. She has great footsies, Godlike 50/50's, passable chip and is almost every normal she has are plus just like Flash... Did I mention the frame traps?

Only reason she doesn't make top 8 often is because imo she is a character revolves around making your opponent guess wrong (luck) or a character that revolves around outplaying your opponent (which can be pretty fucking hard at a high level of play).

The only reason she isn't top 5 is because she doesn't have a safe overhead teleport with pretty broken zoning, a trait that deals free 15% chip every 20 seconds, because she isn't a vortex character with 50-55% corner damage, doesn't have a trait that is a free "COMBO BREAKER" and a trait that slows down time that deals out 60% damage every time she has it.

My conclusion is that she doesn't place often because she's fair.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
her oki is C+ at best

No. Non of her stuff loops on itself. Even in the corner.
Maybe against characters with invincible wakeups. Otherwise she has a vortex which forces you to guess on every knockdown.

That isnt even taking into account F3 crossups, her torpedo reset, and her air dash crossup to beat wakeups. If her oki is C+ most other characters are F-.

if you think what she is doing to you is gimmicks then your'e sadly mistaken.
Her setups aren't retarded nor are they hard to block.

I never said she wasn't a very good character. i've always thought she was awesome to and fun to use because of how she plays. But you can train against her setups and know whats coming.

I'd be willing to be her MU chart looks JUST like BG's or KF's honestly.
I think you misunderstood me, I'm almost always the one doing the frauding and using gimmicks in the situation I described as I only play WoWo. You can say you can train or learn to block against her setups all you want but me and a lot of other wowo players are creating new or tweaking other setups every week. I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything its just your "she's a good lets play a lot of games character." Statement sorta erked me because in my experience its usually the opposite.