What's new

Breakthrough It's Time for your Apology

greguu

GOTCHA
Maybe against characters with invincible wakeups. Otherwise she has a vortex which forces you to guess on every knockdown.

That isnt even taking into account F3 crossups, her torpedo reset, and her air dash crossup to beat wakeups. If her oki is C+ most other characters are F-.
WoWo's oki is good against raven because raven has neither an invincible wakeup or more importantly a good back dash. A good back dash greatly decreases the effectiveness of WoWo's oki & pressure games. F3 crossups can be blocked on reaction& if the otg divebomb is blocked she still has to guess if the oppenent will back dash or not.

Btw, everything I said was referring to her midscreen game, her corner game is obviously amazing.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
The only reason she isn't top 5 is because she doesn't have a safe overhead teleport with pretty broken zoning, a trait that deals free 15% chip every 20 seconds, because she isn't a vortex character with 50-55% corner damage, doesn't have a trait that is a free "COMBO BREAKER" and a trait that slows down time that deals out 60% damage every time she has it.

My conclusion is that she doesn't place often because she's fair.
Well MB shield bash is good for chip :joker: she gets up to 60% in the corner too

BartenderJeeves

Almost a bartender, but not exactly a bartender.
Well MB shield bash is good for chip :joker: she gets up to 60% in the corner too
That move is the only reason I said she has passable chip dmg lol. And almost every time I see someone try that 60% sword stance corner combo it ends up getting dropped :DOGE

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
That move is the only reason I said she has passable chip dmg lol. And almost every time I see someone try that 60% sword stance corner combo it ends up getting dropped :DOGE
Haha yeah 60% is optimal, not necessarily practical... 54% is usually the bnb damage

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Pretty much that, though Zatanna is on a whole different level. He probably loses a few others too but those in particular are way more free than anything Wonder Woman is facing.
does anybody really care about getting worked by zatanna? If you won't take the 15 seconds it takes to learn Aqua for a dirty counter then it's your own fault, not to mention there's like 2 zat players in the entire world lol

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
WoWo's oki is good against raven because raven has neither an invincible wakeup or more importantly a good back dash. A good back dash greatly decreases the effectiveness of WoWo's oki & pressure games. F3 crossups can be blocked on reaction& if the otg divebomb is blocked she still has to guess if the oppenent will back dash or not.

Btw, everything I said was referring to her midscreen game, her corner game is obviously amazing.
Can characters with a good backdash backdash the whip though? If so my bad, I thought it caught all backdashes.

The Highlander

There can be only one
Pretty much that, though Zatanna is on a whole different level. He probably loses a few others too but those in particular are way more free than anything Wonder Woman is facing.
I don't know, you try facing a zod, sinestro, or aquaman with ww then say that.

Dude, I love playing against raven, I feel so powerful being able to get free 50/50's like that.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
does anybody really care about getting worked by zatanna? If you won't take the 15 seconds it takes to learn Aqua for a dirty counter then it's your own fault, not to mention there's like 2 zat players in the entire world lol
Well I bop her with Doomsday myself lol but that just goes to prove the point.

Anybody discussing a top 5 is who should care, because if a character's best shot at winning a matchup is to be switched out for a day 1 Aquaman instead, he's probably not in it. Especially if he's got another matchup that's practically as bad and loses some more on top of that too.

In fact, going back to Doomsday, I'd even go so far as to say he's the better character overall, especially in a tournament setting (and I think results attest to that). That's more people sleeping on Doomsday no matter how many top 3's he gets than Bane up-playing though.

IDRC where people see them on the tier list though; I love them both and only hope to hell NRS gets the big brawlers and grapplers as right in MKX as they did here in Injustice.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
no way ...... Joker can oki the absolute fuck outta her.
If you are letting a Joker fuck you up on wake up you are either unfamiliar with the MU or are not pushblocking and continuously wake up. One of the things that makes WW so strong, especially in the Joker MU is the fact that she builds meter and doesn't need it which totally negates most of Jokers setups. Her mobility is ridiculous to the point in which she doesn't have to deal with Jokers jump ins, she can close space fast and quick and she can whiff punish the FUCK out of Joker which means Joker has to commit and hope he gets the hit. Theres so many reasons why this MU is 7-3 you don't even know.

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
Should you have to learn a dirty counter? Also people using side characters because they think they're going to be a bad MU for someone's main is a little insulting to your opponent, probably not securing you the best chance of victory either.

On topic WW is a beast (that face) wether she's god tier or not in this game anyone can look top 5 in the right hands.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Should you have to learn a dirty counter? Also people using side characters because they think they're going to be a bad MU for someone's main is a little insulting to your opponent, probably not securing you the best chance of victory either.

On topic WW is a beast (that face) wether she's god tier or not in this game anyone can look top 5 in the right hands.
Should you have to learn a dirty counter isn't the whole question. Should you have to learn a dirty counter if you want to win? Yeah. Sorry, that's the way it is. Or you could just go to one of the multiple tournies Deg isn't at. Making a mountain of a molehill here.