What's new

IT HAS BEGUN!!! TIME TO SPECULATE!!!

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
So technically, if there are two timelines, that whole “whoever died in MKX won’t be returning” thing could be a massive red herring.

Granted, part of me believing that is just so I can hopefully have Mileena back. I need UE4 teleport kicks.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
So technically, if there are two timelines, that whole “whoever died in MKX won’t be returning” thing could be a massive red herring.

Granted, part of me believing that is just so I can hopefully have Mileena back. I need UE4 teleport kicks.
If she isn't in the base roster, I'd be very surprised if Mileena doesn't turn up as non-canon DLC for guaranteed $$$$$. It'd be scummy, but, well. That's capitalism, baybee.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I just hope Shao Kahn is big part of the main story, and not absent like Goro was in MKX. That would really suck for me
If you notice, Goro and Darkseid who are the pre-order bonuses for their respective games had zero story involement so him having a big role is a huge reach. He may appear or have a role, but generally speaking, it seems NRS uses the pre-order DLC character to help get people to invest in the game early on and hence why it is always a heavy hitter character.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
If you notice, Goro and Darkseid who are the pre-order bonuses for their respective games had zero story involement so him having a big role is a huge reach. He may appear or have a role, but generally speaking, it seems NRS uses the pre-order DLC character to help get people to invest in the game early on and hence why it is always a heavy hitter character.
True, but here's hoping they change this trend and put him in the story as Kotal's main rival

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
But will Sub Zero's Ice Klone function properly this time tho :DOGE
I’m hoping he has no Klone period, ditch the klone in favor of giving him stronger base normals and more creative ice moves, you really don’t get the sense that he is a powerful cryomancer, he throws ice balls, uses clones, and punches, when really there should be no limit for his creativity. Plus with no clone, the rest of his move set woudlnt need to be dumbed down to compensate for it

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
Am hella looking forward to see the intro dialogue of Kotal Khan vs Shao Khan

Shao: I RULE THIS WORLD

Kotal: Outworld knows only one Khan, Kneel before your emperor

Shao: Listen here you little shit..
ooooh
Kotal: I'm bringing hope to this land you enslaved.
Shao: I have done more than you ever will.
Kotal: Then I shall make everyone forget you...

Gamer68

Fujin!
There is a "Premium Edition" for Mortal Kombat 11 listed on Amazon for $99.

That's the same price as Injustice 2's Ultimate Edition. While the contents of this Premium Edition could be different than I2's Ultimate Edition, giving the fact that they always do DLC (and usually more than the last game), I'm going to say that we will probably be getting at least 9 DLC characters plus Shao Khan -- so 10 characters like I2. But again they usually do more, so maybe they will do 11 or 12.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
True, but here's hoping they change this trend and put him in the story as Kotal's main rival
If it makes you feel any better, intro dialogues will almost undoubtedly be a thing so you can get your lovely trash talk/rivalry one way or the other :).

But will Sub Zero's Ice Klone function properly this time tho :DOGE
I know this is a joke post, but hopefully it won't even be in the game and then Sub-Zero can stop having overly polarized match ups and focus more on unique cryo manipulation a la Gray Fullbuster.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
If it makes you feel any better, intro dialogues will almost undoubtedly be a thing so you can get your lovely trash talk/rivalry one way or the other :).

I know this is a joke post, but hopefully it won't even be in the game and then Sub-Zero can stop having overly polarized match ups and focus more on unique cryo manipulation a la Gray Fullbuster.
I agree with no klone for more creativity and to avoid polarizing match ups but Injustice 2 did a really good job of including the klone but not making it the tool that makes/breaks him. Still though I want it gone and wanna see more cool shit

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
If they need to remove Ice Klone, then they need to make his moves less unsafe.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
If they need to remove Ice Klone, then they need to make his moves less unsafe.
That would ideally be what happens, people don't like fighting him and I understand why. I actually do trust NRS though, I think Sub has continually been more balanced as the games have gone on

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
I'm pretty sure if that were the case there'd be a reveal of it in the trailer.

Also why would he morph into the Scorpion from the older games? It feels pretty clear that time travel is the implication.
Yeah its problably like 99% of being this time travel thing.. i just had the idea of shang and it would be kinda cool if it was it.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
reptile but please dont make him ugly like you do so often nrs. smoke, other cyborgs and noob too
Guaranteed the character designs are already done long ago if he's in. Whatever he looks like, he's locked in and ready to go :cool:

Colares

Noob
I wonder if the variations truly work like gears we could have things like Fullgore's acessories for a cyborg for "guests" that wouldn't fully take a spot otherwise.

Thingy

Retired account
I’ll be soooooooooooooooooooo fucking disappointed if they bring back gear moves like injustice 2. Please god don’t bring that back
I think we can all agree with this. For the love of all things holy and unholy, let the concept of "gear moves" and stat perks die a miserable death. That shit really helped me stop giving a shit about Injustice.

BROLY

Noob
Speculation from the trailer:

More involved fatalities that actually let you control what's happening (done better than this feature was previously in the series of course). Like Raiden with dat corner kombo at the end of the trailer.

Or a brutality...

Was not a fan of how they brought back brutalities in MKX.

That corner bashing is what I had hoped brutalities would be.