What's new

IT HAS BEGUN!!! TIME TO SPECULATE!!!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
https://twitter.com/_DaanishSyed/status/1070902740551954438?s=19

From what has been presented in trailer, it was said on twitter that MK Trailer its incredibly accurate visually and playwise, so there is a lot to speculate right now, what are your thoughs?

I've only watched once, so there might be a lot i might have missed, so if anyone can fill up the blanks, this is what i speculate based on what i've seen.

Customizing your own character clothing
Variations are back, but possibly narrowed down to 2 variations (if they're back)
There is a weapon switching mode like in deadly alliance, which kinda makes me wonder if you can circle through variations like MK3D where you could circle through the 3 available styles.

Steve Richie has probably returned as Shao Kahn, i might be wrong with this but that really looks like his voice, if i'm wrong, props to the new VA he did a fantastic job.

What do you guys got?

The customizing thing will need some explaining for sure. Tournament standard? I can’t imagine having crate a kak characters like MKA.

My guess is that it will be a mix of i2 and mkx in that you will be able to create specific loadouts with different traits or abilities?

Misky

Clinch should be a command grab
Seriously though, they really seemed to be setting up "the teen titans of earth realm" to be a big deal so it'd be a shame to see them go. Takeda and Cassie seemed the most popular so my money is on at least them making a return from the new cast. I think D'vorah is a good bet too.

Derwood1979

Professional Procrastinator
The customizing thing will need some explaining for sure. Tournament standard? I can’t imagine having crate a kak characters like MKA.

My guess is that it will be a mix of i2 and mkx in that you will be able to create specific loadouts with different traits or abilities?
Ooooooo I can has klone and hammer?

Not seeing a weapon switch, i'm thinking now there's going to be more weapons as background interactables... possibly with more options. That on top of branches/mufflers/other random shit in MKX.

Raiden did seem to conjure his staff. But that might just be an addition to his move set or variation.

I'd rather not see weapons for all characters. Part of what makes them unique is that some characters have weapons that define them (kitanas fans, Kunglaos hat etc.)

Not sure if the 2nd Scorpion is meant to represent a 2nd variation, or tag team? or character customisation? or all three?

That tweet is definitely promising.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
My wish list (copies from an old thread)
The Auto Includes : Sub, Scorpion, Radian, Liu Kang
The Regulars : Cage, Sonya, Kitana, Mileena, Jax, Kano
Return of the New Blood : Cassie, Kotal Khan, DeVorh, Scarlet
The "Missing" : Noob, Baraka, Sindel, Fujin, Jade, Shang Tsung, Kabal
The Obscure : Ashrah, Nitara, Motaro (I do not care, make him work somehow!)
New : 5 new characters never seen before.

That is 29 I think.. MKx had 29 by end of the games life.

I also expect a gear system, but I hope with no gear moves this time.... just cosmetic.

kevkopdx

Noob
Not seeing a weapon switch, i'm thinking now there's going to be more weapons as background interactables... possibly with more options. That on top of branches/mufflers/other random shit in MKX.

Raiden did seem to conjure his staff. But that might just be an addition to his move set or variation.

I'd rather not see weapons for all characters. Part of what makes them unique is that some characters have weapons that define them (kitanas fans, Kunglaos hat etc.)

Not sure if the 2nd Scorpion is meant to represent a 2nd variation, or tag team? or character customisation? or all three?

That tweet is definitely promising.
I’m sure characters will retain their basic toolkit with the addition of other weapons

Colares

Noob
In the youtube description says "The all new Custom Character Variations give you unprecedented control to customize the fighters and make them your own."
I wonder if it will be like Injustice with the gears but improved.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
What I gathered: weapons are back, interactables are back, possible tag is back (so you can make a case for a same character double team), x-rays will be with flesh (basically real wounding and not only bones).

Wigy

There it is...
I speculate anyone who doesn't want mileena in the game is a bad person
I spectulate that if you use roll as your neutral/footsies/yolo your mum's a hoe

Also don't want some stupid weapon system, seems like another annoying interactables bs thing.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
So far, we know that Raiden and Scorpion are back. I saw Raiden killing Kung Lao.

I didn't like the hip hop music at the trailer. I hope it never gets in as the OST of this game. Hip hop doesn't fit its style. If you guys want to bring this hip hop music, do it for the comedy, or for any alley story, like Marc Ecko's Getting Up. Whoever decided to put hip hop in this epic series is truly a no-brainer who lacks aesthetical sense. If it gets in as the OST, I'll get the collector's edition, but I'll throw the OST CD to the recycling bin and mute the BGM.

As for the speculation stuff, I think this is what the real Raiden warned about back at MK9. Now if it's multiverse theory, I'd assume someone brought in Dark Raiden, much like how Goku Black came in to chase after Trunks, but he met Son Goku and fought.

I'm way satisfied to see real fighters be the ideal models of those fighters. I gotta see the gameplay to see how's it working.

I just hope to see the real Sub Zero back, and especially Fujin. I don't want the damn variations or the INJ2 customization bs. If you want customization, I like the MKX part.