What's new

IT HAS BEGUN!!! TIME TO SPECULATE!!!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I just want fully Kustomizable options this time around, unlike Injustice where they're limited somewhat due to DC not being their property, MK IS their property so they need an actual free palette color option this time along with the armor stuff. Like MK Armageddon's or WWE games create a character system so if I want a black and purple Ermac or a blue Scorpion with glowing red eyes, I should be able to make one!

Pretty much I want what the PC mods would let you do in terms of uniform colors. So curious to see how the switch version plays and what exclusive element they'll have with the many ways you can play it.

Wild unsubstantiated speculation:

Two timelines Two variations

Nega-Raiden corrupted by Shinnnoks Amulet takes over Netherrealm and then uses army to take over Outworld just like Shinnok planned for Earthrealm.

Kotal Kahn enlists the help of Red Dragon to find reinforcements from another dimension. Kano's son finds a portal to the Crystal realm. The Oracle summons the fighters from the "good timeline" to mirror match the Nega-Raiden timeline. Now that I think about it this is pretty much the Injustice story line done Mortal Kombat style.

Jaqui will die because she's boring and no one cares.

Jax will be main roster

Erron Black will return as a jobber who gets washed and is essentially a new Baraka. A bad guy who exists just to get beat up.

Takeda and Cassie will return.

Scorpion will be dead in both timelines

Subzero's alternate timeline will be Noob Saibot

Red Dragon will be fleshed out with new members.

Fujin will be DLC not main roster

Sonya will not be playable.

Run button will return

Last edited:
Speculation from the trailer:

More involved fatalities that actually let you control what's happening (done better than this feature was previously in the series of course). Like Raiden with dat corner kombo at the end of the trailer.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Speculation from the trailer:

More involved fatalities that actually let you control what's happening (done better than this feature was previously in the series of course). Like Raiden with dat corner kombo at the end of the trailer.
Oh hunny, that was not a kombo. That was RAPE! :eek:

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
So I'm here at work just having a beer talking about vga's and the trailer and my boi tells me mk9 might be backwards compatible like Injustice 1 was. It was mentioned in one of the few leaks floating around. Has anyone else read or heard the same thing?

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
I shall provide my two cents.
There was a twitter post with a dev saying that the trailer was supremely close to the actual game.
Four characters were revealed for being in the game:
Scorpion
Raiden
Shao Khan
...and a mysterious, time-influenced character. She could be a big bad, an elder god, or just another character.
Multiple weapons were showcased:
The Wakizashi and Katana combo and Kunai were Scorpion's weapons.
The Guandao/Naginata and Gun/Bo with metal tip were Raiden's. The Guandao/Naginata could be either Raiden's or an interactable, epending on which way it can go.
Shao Khan of course had his 100 lb Warhammer, ready to smash anything in his path.
Then there were the images from Steam. These images interest me a ton.
The images are an amazing example of what the game is going to look like. They seem to have gone with a much more saturated game compared to MKX. Raiden has all sorts of different colors in his color scheme, including dark turquoise, white, gold and black. Scorpion is the same, he seems to have a brighter scheme, with some crimson and white as well.Then we have an alternate costume for Scorpion with a more classic look, ditching the pauldrons and extra armor.
Then there is an image of Raiden performing either a reverse version of Quan Chi's trance, or the beginning frames of a regular trance of his own on Scorpion. Scorpion is in this 'alternate' costume, with his entire being surrounded by red lightning. Including his kunai. Upon further inspection, the image with Raiden doing a Yun-style Zesshou Hohou, Scorpion has a kunai in his hand as well, and he is in his 'regular' costume. Does this mean that he will always hava a kunai in his hand? Also, what looks like a cinematic of some sort, 'alternate' Scorpion has regular, brown iris eyes,as opposed to the white eyes he has in the 'regular' costume. Does this mean that the retro-looking costume we say in the trailer is a third costume? I don't know.

nugava

Noob
I wonder how Shang Tsung morph will work. It must be impossible for it to work like in the old old MK games , where each morph had an input. But that was hella cool.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
It looked to me like a Brutality when Raiden popped ol Scorpions head against that wall. It's probably wishful thinking but I want them back so deal with it.