What's new

IT HAS BEGUN!!! TIME TO SPECULATE!!!

I’ll be soooooooooooooooooooo fucking disappointed if they bring back gear moves like injustice 2. Please god don’t bring that back
I’m with you. At least not in tournament play. The mkx variations we cool but I couldn’t imagine bone shaper with a teleport lol.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Raiden hype let's go

- I wonder if Raiden's lightning colors can be changed. Probably has to do with the timeline thing they're going for; current Raiden being Dark Raiden with red lightning and maybe a past Raiden having the blue lightning.
- Finally we have the staff, that'll probably give Raiden some fun footsie tools to work with.
- Raiden seems much more murderous than he was previously. In this trailer he just straight-up destroyed Scorpion when he was up against the wall.
- Who was the dude next to the hourglass at the end? Was it Fujin or maybe some other Elder God?

Really hope there’s way more female characters this time around. (Please NRS please) they always have this set limit of 7-8 for the base roster and I can’t for the life of me understand why they do that. Lots of people have been saying that Sonya won’t be playable and I couldn’t be happier. Please take Johnny with her lmao

Raiden hype let's go

- I wonder if Raiden's lightning colors can be changed. Probably has to do with the timeline thing they're going for; current Raiden being Dark Raiden with red lightning and maybe a past Raiden having the blue lightning.
- Finally we have the staff, that'll probably give Raiden some fun footsie tools to work with.
- Raiden seems much more murderous than he was previously. In this trailer he just straight-up destroyed Scorpion when he was up against the wall.
- Who was the dude next to the hourglass at the end? Was it Fujin or maybe some other Elder God?
The figure next to the hourglass is a woman and I’ll the research I’ve done says that she’s called the oracle and is THE (or one of ) main antagonists and she wants to destroy the current timeline and leave only the old one.

Mr. Freeze

Green Lantern and Grodd Main
Not seeing a weapon switch, i'm thinking now there's going to be more weapons as background interactables... possibly with more options. That on top of branches/mufflers/other random shit in MKX.

Raiden did seem to conjure his staff. But that might just be an addition to his move set or variation.

I'd rather not see weapons for all characters. Part of what makes them unique is that some characters have weapons that define them (kitanas fans, Kunglaos hat etc.)

Not sure if the 2nd Scorpion is meant to represent a 2nd variation, or tag team? or character customisation? or all three?

That tweet is definitely promising.

I read that each character will have 2 variations: A newer timeline variation and a classic timeline

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
The figure next to the hourglass is a woman and I’ll the research I’ve done says that she’s called the oracle and is THE (or one of ) main antagonists and she wants to destroy the current timeline and leave only the old one.
Whoops, must've looked at her wrong when I saw the trailer. Destroying the current timeline doesn't sound like too bad of an idea though, with everything that's happened. Also allows them to bring back characters like Mileena.

Error404

Noob
This dual timeline thing sounds complicated and convoluted. I thought the point of a reboot was to make the story easier to follow , but whatever. Lets wait and see if cool gameplay and story can come out if it.

aj1701

Noob
My wish list (copies from an old thread)
The Auto Includes : Sub, Scorpion, Radian, Liu Kang
The Regulars : Cage, Sonya, Kitana, Mileena, Jax, Kano
Return of the New Blood : Cassie, Kotal Khan, DeVorh, Scarlet
The "Missing" : Noob, Baraka, Sindel, Fujin, Jade, Shang Tsung, Kabal
The Obscure : Ashrah, Nitara, Motaro (I do not care, make him work somehow!)
New : 5 new characters never seen before.

That is 29 I think.. MKx had 29 by end of the games life.

I also expect a gear system, but I hope with no gear moves this time.... just cosmetic.
I'd like that lineup a lot actually, although I'd take out Kotal and Devorh and replace with something else, either existing in MK9 or new. Cassie was the only new MKX character I liked. For me, Kitana/Mileena are must haves.

Scarlet needs to become a regular character too, I was really disappointed she didn't return in MKX.

aj1701

Noob
Stop it, we didn't even seen how it works yet come on.
Don't need to see how they work, they'd be terrible.

Good, I hope she wins; the MKX timeline is shit. Rewind to before everyone died in MK9.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Beta is out on march, i think the access will be with a betacode. You won't have the disc until april.
You dont know that. The disc may contain the game, but it would be locked, till the April.

If I recall, Crapcom did that with some characters, they were within the game, but hidden. Playable later on.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I hope there's great net code.

No regional locks on consoles.

Console exclusives at a minimum. (Looking at you Tekken 7 juke box only for ps4)

Better in game mechanics.

More options or improvement on the inputs.
Also improved matchmaking with the hopefully cross play.

That's a I'll be happy with that.

The funny thing is the reason I didn't believe the leaks was they were just way too good. Written like a fanboy wish list that you never really get.

Aaaaand yet we're getting it. That's amazing.

Not sure if Tag Mode is really coming back though? Its something that appears in every fake leak for every NRS game ever at this point so I can't recall if it was also in the real-boy one.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
The funny thing is the reason I didn't believe the leaks was they were just way too good. Written like a fanboy wish list that you never really get.

Aaaaand yet we're getting it. That's amazing.

Not sure if Tag Mode is really coming back though? Its something that appears in every fake leak for every NRS game ever at this point so I can't recall if it was also in the real-boy one.
I mean, some things are true but not all. I still dont believe in leaks until everything is 100% verified by the THEE source, Netherrealm.