What's new

It came from the Shadows! - Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

Hitoshura

Head Cage
People really take Noob Saibot for granted, even before the patch where his Shadow Tackle was made an overhead (which did bolster his game, I will admit). I myself just took him up as a main character to cover Sonya's negative match-ups and am having great success with him.

Players are dropping him because they believe zoning is all you need to do to win with Noob, but that shows their lack of understanding about the character. While his rushdown isn't something to brag about, his corner rape makes up for it. Timing is also crucial to mastering the art of his full-screen mix-ups, as well as maintaining his meter which is his life. Since his enhanced specials lack armor and aren't anything useful, keep it all for the breaker and X-ray.

You can't just play auto-pilot with a character and expect to win. That's the problem with so many players attempting to pick up characters these days, and I am not speaking only of Noob Saibot, I speak of the game in general.

...that, and he's just so fucking cool as a character! Who here loves the win pose? I actually did it on stream for EVO 2011 and it got hot really quick, haha. And I get a thrill everytime I hear this line:

"FEAR ME!"

Not to mention he has the best-looking fatality in the game.
His fullscreen mixup isnt good. You can easily fuzzy guard it but from point blank - midscreen is when his high low projectile mixup shines. Its very hard to fuzzy from tht distance. I wouldn't recommended doing his mixup so close to the opponent b/c you recover in 48 frames and if he blocks correctly then ur opponent is in 22 frames of block stun....yeah BLOWN UP

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
His fullscreen mixup isnt good. You can easily fuzzy guard it but from point blank - midscreen is when his high low projectile mixup shines. Its very hard to fuzzy from tht distance. I wouldn't recommended doing his mixup so close to the opponent b/c you recover in 48 frames and if he blocks correctly then ur opponent is in 22 frames of block stun....yeah BLOWN UP
Let me correct myself, then...half-screen mix-ups.

Better? :)

so stating the truth makes me a troll? lol yall sure don't like it when someone exposes u saibot spammers for the *noobs* u are.. my goodness, i feel like i've disturbed a hornets nest, yall mad huh? :p

Killer bees on the swarm!!!!
u wanna hear a really funny story? one night i was hanging out with a cousin of mine who i ain't seen in years, we were playing mk9 drinking some beers an shit.. anyways, he was one of u saibot spammers, a damn good one too.. we played a bunch of matches and ofcourse i lost everytime he picked his main *saibot* so i told him why he was winning and naturally he thought i was just pissed or what not, so i laid a 20 dollar bill on the table and bet him i could win one round out of a match blindfolded if i picked saibot and he picked anyone else, now keep in mind that i've never used saibot before other than maybe once or twice in a mirror match to try and even the odds when playing online.. the only moves i know with him are his specials, so i tied a bandana around my eyes after picking saibot and he picked reptile, another character he was good with.. and u know what happened? i didn't win a round, i won the match! barely, but i won. it even shocked the hell outa me... true story, i shit u not..

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
u wanna hear a really funny story? one night i was hanging out with a cousin of mine who i ain't seen in years, we were playing mk9 drinking some beers an shit.. anyways, he was one of u saibot spammers, a damn good one too.. we played a bunch of matches and ofcourse i lost everytime he picked his main *saibot* so i told him why he was winning and naturally he thought i was just pissed or what not, so i laid a 20 dollar bill on the table and bet him i could win one round out of a match blindfolded if i picked saibot and he picked anyone else, now keep in mind that i've never used saibot before other than maybe once or twice in a mirror match to try and even the odds when playing online.. the only moves i know with him are his specials, so i tied a bandana around my eyes after picking saibot and he picked reptile, another character he was good with.. and u know what happened? i didn't win a round, i won the match! barely, but i won. it even shocked the hell outa me... true story, i shit u not..
No offense, but if that is the case, then your friend needs to sharpen up his Reptile. The green lizard is tough competition for any Noob Saibot player, and this is based off what I've discussed with other Noob players.

I don't deny that you both are good, of course. It's rare that even that happens.

a_guardian_devil

"We share blood, we are not brothers!"
so stating the truth makes me a troll? lol yall sure don't like it when someone exposes u saibot spammers for the *noobs* u are.. my goodness, i feel like i've disturbed a hornets nest, yall mad huh? :p
you havnt stated anything true, it was just your opinion.

you could`ve expressed it in a better way though instead of "generalizing".

Hitoshura

Head Cage
You do realize for saying Noob is the best character in the game makes u a scrub right? D

What makes u so sure tht noob is to teir? R u a tournament player like me? NO

Are you considered a top saibot player? NO

DO u consistently place high in majors or tournaments with him? NO

Do me a favor. Don't post in my part of the forums again or ill have u banned for vulgarity and stirring up controversy.

Good day

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Im not speaking to anyone specifically,
just to those who naively believe that Noob is "a spamming scrub's character."
I want to lay this to rest in the best way i can.

Noob Saibot has extremely quick 50/50 shadows, portals, and a teleslam.
He seems like the most annoying fighter; all the stereotype seems to do is Upknee and Shadows.
Thats fine, until you meet someone like me. Or the FOREVERS. Or Crazy 88s. Or MKU/TYM members.
Or simply someone who knows what theyre doing.

Those standards are then reduced.
Try throwing random Shadows at someone like that; Failure follows close.
Suddenly you realize not only how silly that tactic is,
but especially how much WORSE Noob is than most of the cast.

He requires, in my opinion, the most thought out of any character in the game.
Make ONE mistake, just ONE, and defeat follows close.
He requires not just massive strategy, but wise execution.

...yes, i said wise execution.
In the words of CJK Rattlehead, "All of Noobs matchups, even those in his favor, seem like an uphill battle."

EVERY character in the game teaches you a lesson.
Smoke teaches you how to poke.
Subbzy teaches you how to be patient.

Noob happens to be the character in the game that teaches you not to make mistakes.
Could that be applied to any character? Sure. Of course.
But more so to Noob Saibot for his flaws.

Noob Saibot mains, i honestly believe that if you use anyone else,
your gameplay with them by default will be better.

Do not call us spammers. Do not call us cheaters.
Your loss is on you; we are thinkers.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
Noob is a good character and annoying to fight but i think some characters blow him bad like Mil, KL, Raiden just to name a few.
It's honestly more in your head than anything. Those match-ups can be overcame if you just play it smart and counter them effectively. You have every tool to really do so.

Flawedzilla

Fraudzilla
IMO the only matchup that is really dumb vs Noob is Reptile, that match you have to be on your A game and then some to come out. Literally you would have to mindfuck your opponent so he's playing your pace because Reptile has all the tools to make Noob cry at night.. Raiden ya it's bad but he wants to naturally tele to you and if you can guess right when the supermans coming, your 212 punish on his tele will have him turtling on the other side of the screen making this fight much easier, as you can teleslam his projectile on reaction. Just my opinion

Hitoshura

Head Cage
IMO the only matchup that is really dumb vs Noob is Reptile, that match you have to be on your A game and then some to come out. Literally you would have to mindfuck your opponent so he's playing your pace because Reptile has all the tools to make Noob cry at night.. Raiden ya it's bad but he wants to naturally tele to you and if you can guess right when the supermans coming, your 212 punish on his tele will have him turtling on the other side of the screen making this fight much easier, as you can teleslam his projectile on reaction. Just my opinion
ahmen

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The fact that teleslam now hits forceball animation is really big now. Hito can back me up on this...Reptile outprojectiled Noob before this buff and if Reptile blocked a shadow, there was nothing that could be done about forceball. Now if Reptile tries that, there's actual risks (Not enormous, but it's way better than none at all).

I don't think the matchup is that bad anymore. Tackle being so fast fucks with Reptile's approaching already because it's similar to Sektor missiles, I risk running into a projectile that knocks down. If I block it, though, depending where you are, it ends up a guessing game (obviously not in Noob's favor due to the risk). Reptile has to actually be really patient on approaching a smart Noob.

After learning the MU after got beaten by D.R, I feel like reptile destroys Saibot. Any block shadow can be punished with dash, wiff upknee can be punished with dash, even fb/ex fb gives him so much trouble. This might be a 4-6 reptile probably worst. As long as noob doesnt get the corner adv, I dont think noob can win. I think that when reptile is in jumping distance, it doesnt give noob a lot of options especially when theres a fb behind.

I honestly dont think that raiden vs noob is as bad as reptile

That tsang shung kid is such a noob, get it!! lol lame joke

Hitoshura

Head Cage
The fact that teleslam now hits forceball animation is really big now. Hito can back me up on this...Reptile outprojectiled Noob before this buff and if Reptile blocked a shadow, there was nothing that could be done about forceball. Now if Reptile tries that, there's actual risks (Not enormous, but it's way better than none at all).

I don't think the matchup is that bad anymore. Tackle being so fast fucks with Reptile's approaching already because it's similar to Sektor missiles, I risk running into a projectile that knocks down. If I block it, though, depending where you are, it ends up a guessing game (obviously not in Noob's favor due to the risk). Reptile has to actually be really patient on approaching a smart Noob.
nah dude reptile vs noob is like 6.5-3.5

Reptile gets in to quick. He builds meter to quickly. You can punish noob tackles upclose with a wakeup dash if they hit. Your pressure destroys noob and it hard for him to get out. Also If I try any of my upknee mixups you can just dash if I try something else after the blocked upknee.

I can zone reptile for a minute till it becomes a pain in the ass. Sabin and Chris G showed me how reptiles rushdown destroys noob in anything he has.

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
a few weeks ago (playing kano) i ex airballed a Noob out of his x-ray. tried to find the stream archive but it's gone now. can i always do this? have no way to test it myself atm

iroku

Noob
so what ?? like stupid sub we cant just spam shadows against reptile. but cmon his dash isnt even full screen or close to johnny or jades kick. its a lot easier to bait reptiles and work it for us ! sure good reptile have good spacing. wheres footsies when you need them ?? just backdash like there is no tomorrow and block! honestly now that slam picks up on the green man force balls i feel the match is a lot easier !

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
so what ?? like stupid sub we cant just spam shadows against reptile. but cmon his dash isnt even full screen or close to johnny or jades kick. its a lot easier to bait reptiles and work it for us ! sure good reptile have good spacing. wheres footsies when you need them ?? just backdash like there is no tomorrow and block! honestly now that slam picks up on the green man force balls i feel the match is a lot easier !
yeah the onlyway u stand a chance is to annoy your opponent enough to start makin stupid decisions like dash spam ;)

his dash is waaaay better than cage's and jade's normal shadow kicks in terms of covering distance, and he gets a free dash after every blocked projectile. the matchup is manageable and slam grabbing forceball does help but it's still an uphill battle for noob.