What's new

It came from the Shadows! - Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
Whos is going to Final Round and maining Noob?
I will be there and reping the Shadow ninja of the Netherrealm.
Also what are you planning on playing on? Im using a PDP stick.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Noob is like the 7th or 8th worst character in the game and it seems everyone is picking him up and loving him. I don't get it, lol. Kenshi seems to be so much better. Noob is just cooler, but really not better. Someone 'splain it to me?

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
I picked him up because I honestly believe he is one of the coolest character ideas in the game. Her and Scarlet are tied for number two IMO.

I play noob because a lot more thought goes in to his gameplay than Scorpion or Raiden IMO. Every fight seems like an up hill battle, including some of his good MUs.

Enenra

Go to hell.
I picked him up because I honestly believe he is one of the coolest character ideas in the game. Her and Scarlet are tied for number two IMO.

I play noob because a lot more thought goes in to his gameplay than Scorpion or Raiden IMO. Every fight seems like an up hill battle, including some of his good MUs.
That sounds horrible lol. The very reason I dropped him.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
fuck good question OP, i guess i use noob because ive liked him since he was just a shadow in the older games. i really love his playstyle but in my lowly opinion hes very limited and weak. i like using the portals and juggling with noob but hes hard to use and has a lot of bad match ups imo. i have a love hate relationship with him.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
You answered your own question: because he's cool. Some people pick up characters they like, not just the ones they think are the best. Smoke is my favorite character in MK, and Freddy is my favorite horror movie icon.

Aside from that, Noob is VERY, VERY easy to learn IF all you wanna do is zone scrubs out. He has potential to be more than a spammer, but....I can see that being a reason why people use him, especially online. lol

HD Smoke

Noob
Noob is like the 7th or 8th worst character in the game and it seems everyone is picking him up and loving him. I don't get it, lol. Kenshi seems to be so much better. Noob is just cooler, but really not better. Someone 'splain it to me?
Because Noob is straight badass. I agree he has some terrible match ups but ever since I saw his trailer before the game was released i have always liked him. A black ninja with a shadow is just extremely cool to me. I use him more because he is cool and fun more than his tier position. He would be my main but i really like Smoke as well and i feel safe playing against 99% of the cast with Smoke so i flip flop each week between them. Besides just loving noob as a kharacter i think he is really good and has a lot of great tools just some match ups are hard for how i play noob i guess. Freaking kabal and raiden lol.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Even if Noob is bottom 10 it doesn't make him a bad character. Noob is a solid character its just rest fo the cast has more shit or dirt than he does.

HD Smoke

Noob
Even if Noob is bottom 10 it doesn't make him a bad character. Noob is a solid character its just rest fo the cast has more shit or dirt than he does.
This^ Noob is nasty and can mind fuck any character in this game. I still think given the right amount of skill and luck that a Noob can win a tournament its just harder since his damage isnt that high and rarely does a top player fall for portal resets or atleast my average portal resets lol. But Noob is good and once you put the time into him it pays off. But seriously F what Kabal and Raiden can do to him lol

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Noob vs Raiden is a 4-6 now

The nerf on teleport and other aspects of raidens game make it easier for noob to take him on.

Noobs worst matchups are Kabal and Reptile

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Freddy is also a better zoner than Noob. I actually am going to experiment with Noob though, because I think he has a lot of untapped potential. Plus, I really dont like top tier characters in fighting games. I dont know why, I just find my wins to be SOOO much sweeter when it is with a low tier character.

And you make it sound like Noob isnt tourney viable. Hito has proven that is not the case.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Freddy is also a better zoner than Noob. I actually am going to experiment with Noob though, because I think he has a lot of untapped potential. Plus, I really dont like top tier characters in fighting games. I dont know why, I just find my wins to be SOOO much sweeter when it is with a low tier character.

And you make it sound like Noob isnt tourney viable. Hito has proven that is not the case.
Is he? You meet a Kabal like REO or Master D and then what?

HD Smoke

Noob
Noob vs Raiden is a 4-6 now

The nerf on teleport and other aspects of raidens game make it easier for noob to take him on.

Noobs worst matchups are Kabal and Reptile
I know its not as bad as it was but i think i get screwed over since i only play online and i pay the price for trying to throw a slide or tackle even when i am careful about throwing one out. I agree with Kabal I like the character but damn i hate him when i am playing this match up. How do you fight raiden though with noob just wondering?

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Is he? You meet a Kabal like REO or Master D and then what?
Ive beaten reo b4 enough with my noob and consistently take rounds off of him. I have one match on my latop just the audio sucks b/c I had to convert a file into mp4 and it sounds like ass.

@Zoidberg it is more rewarding to win with mid-low tier. Takes more knowledge and experiemnce. Feels so FUCKING GOOD to XD

Enenra

Go to hell.
Ive beaten reo b4 enough with my noob and consistently take rounds off of him. I have one match on my latop just the audio sucks b/c I had to convert a file into mp4 and it sounds like ass.

@Zoidberg it is more rewarding to win with mid-low tier. Takes more knowledge and experiemnce. Feels so FUCKING GOOD to XD
Hmm. Mind----blown. Well Hito where do you think Noob falls? Bottom 10? Top 20?

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I know its not as bad as it was but i think i get screwed over since i only play online and i pay the price for trying to throw a slide or tackle even when i am careful about throwing one out. I agree with Kabal I like the character but damn i hate him when i am playing this match up. How do you fight raiden though with noob just wondering?
rush his ass down with d3. A lot of d3 upknee. If you see a teleport coming u can punish with 212 teleslam.

Monphr or however u spell his tym account name showed in his mini noob guide tht noobs 12 string can punish a raiden teleport. standing 1 comes out in 11 frames while standing 2 comes out in 10. SO you can get a full combo off of a teleport if its obv as fuck.

You can also punish it with a throw b/c its 10 frames of startup as well. or a tackle/slide. Just make sure it isn't ex teleport or else ur fucked XD

also raiden has weird aa moves. Vasectomy blast hitbox is odd and isnt reliable as an aa unless timed perfectly, at least to my knowledge. and His standing 1 if it hits u can go into superman so if he wants a guaranteed aa he needs to waste meter on ex shocker. So if he has no meter and your good at fucking with ur opp mind then u can get away with a few jump in attempts. Just dnt make it obv.

I haven't played to many raiden with noob but this is the data if gathered so far.

Hmm. Mind----blown. Well Hito where do you think Noob falls? Bottom 10? Top 20?
atm bottom 10 but as this game evolves He could move to mid B or stay were he is. only time will tell.

HD Smoke

Noob

Good stuff. I believe once everybody plays a top Noob like Altaire, Hito, or Flawedzilla that they will respect him as a kharacter and realize he is good. Winning with him is so awesome even online i like how Noob plays its fun to slowly pick people apart with mix ups and corner kombos.