What's new

It came from the Shadows! - Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

Hitoshura

Head Cage
whats the best punish for blocked teleports etc..
If u mean blocked teleport punches and kicks then u do this:

*b2, b1214, shadow charge/shadow slide/tele-slam/frontal portal (depending on who you play or if u wanna go for the reset)

this works on everyone iirc except mileena. For here u do this:

1)b2,12, shadow charge/shadow slide

or (although haven't tested yet)

2)b1214,shadow charge, shadow slide, tele-slam, frontal portal

Reedoms

Noob
If u mean blocked teleport punches and kicks then u do this:

*b2, b1214, shadow charge/shadow slide/tele-slam/frontal portal (depending on who you play or if u wanna go for the reset)

this works on everyone iirc except mileena. For here u do this:

1)b2,12, shadow charge/shadow slide

or (although haven't tested yet)

2)b1214,shadow charge, shadow slide, tele-slam, frontal portal
b1214 will not work on a blocked mileena teleport/ball.
I find myself just using 1,2 upknee to teleport.

Reedoms

Noob
ok good. someone at least knows about tht. No mileenas in my area.
I play more than I'd like to. That matchup is bananas.
Her ball can't be punished by either 212 214 or b1214 as the first 2 hits will connect and then she flops down to the ground.
Teleport-Kick recovers to fast for anything other than uppercut or upknee for me.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
u can jump forward at the right time avoiding the projectile and one u get close block the tackle or slide and punish due to long recovery. Also a blocked upknee is 0 frames of advantage iirc. Might be +1 (not 100% sure due to lack of capture card) blocking it will also push u back. if u manage to knock noobs down his only invincible wake up attack is tackle and slide (not sure about slide since i never wake up with it) If noob misses these lol free combo. Also upknee isnt safe on wake up so u can poke noob out of it on wake up or even start up when hes standing if u want. XD

he may have 50/50 zoning but his zoning is unsafe on block and HIT. so u can punish him with a fast wakeup attack if he hits u up close with a shadow charge or shadow slide.
thanks hito. you're always so useful!
today I realized it's his upknee which is so annoying to me. Even on whiff I cannot do much! He'll just use another upknee after a whiffed one (recovery...argh!) or go "LOL D3 UPKNEE LOL". D3 upknee seems like a mad good setup.
what's a good way around this?

Which character do you play?
Basically any character. I haven't tested my Shang, though.(Relearning the game because of hitbox usage now) I just play Liu Kang in this match because it seems to do good.
It's just this guy who plays NS who gives me a headache. I can beat him, but it's a chess game. The worse part is that I don't feel like I'm getting outplayed. I've played all his other characters and he has no good fundamentals, he'll throw random XRay's and EX specials, he doesn't hit confirm, he even can't fuzzy guard at times!. And the fact that he could beat me at least once is degrading for me. Not trying to be a dick, because I actually like losing, but I don't get that "whao, he's ahead of me" feeling.

Which are Noob's worst matchups? Is Scorpion any good against him?

Hitoshura

Head Cage
smoke is one of noobs worst matchups by far, a good smoke will mess u up if your noob
uhhhh not really? If you just plain zone then yes, but if you know how to use noob then its doable. Noob vs Smoke imo is a 4-6 which tbh isn't that bad.

Noob worst matches are raiden and kabal. Kabal more so than raiden.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
i dont have that much trouble wit raidens then again most raidens i play r too teleport happy .. but i stand by my smoke statement lol im not so stupid that ill throw out clones etc but when a smoke knows the matchup (in my opinion) your screwed his pressure is tough to escape any tips let me know oh great one!!!;)

Hitoshura

Head Cage
i dont have that much trouble wit raidens then again most raidens i play r too teleport happy .. but i stand by my smoke statement lol im not so stupid that ill throw out clones etc but when a smoke knows the matchup (in my opinion) your screwed his pressure is tough to escape any tips let me know oh great one!!!;)
XD well puny mortal I shale share with you my infinite knowledge of the matchup!
ou can also teleslam a lot of smoke moves:

smoke ball, smoke teleport, shake and bake

hope this helps lol

Question about noob saibot

Hi i use rain right now as a main but i'm thinking about using noob as an alt but i have some questions.

1. Does noob standing 1 can stand as an aa ?
2. What is the use of ENH low shadow tackle ?
3. What are noob corner bnb combo and advanced ?

Ty

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I use the standing 1 as an anti air and i get good results from it, you can go 1 ,1 2 portal to pressure them as they stand.

Then again i don't play noob a lot so someone that actually mains him will probably give you much better advice than me :p

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
standing 1 is anti air so is his upknee also if u see it comin standin 4 can be useful ie. standing 4 portal behind clone i mainly use upnkee portal behind clone

Reedoms

Noob
EX-Low Shadow actually guarantees a free combo if they do not use a wakeup attack. Spent around 20 minutes testing it and even if they are blocking, if you start your combo just as they are about to get up it will still hit them. So it has some viability.

EX-Low Shadow actually guarantees a free combo if they do not use a wakeup attack. Spent around 20 minutes testing it and even if they are blocking, if you start your combo just as they are about to get up it will still hit them. So it has some viability.

Are u up for some match reedoms i know you are good. add me if u want i could use ur tip
add me Samyboy 654

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Hi i use rain right now as a main but i'm thinking about using noob as an alt but i have some questions.

Ty
1. noobs standing 1 is a good anti air.
anti air combo: 12 12 upknee/shadow charge
2. EX Shadow Slide is used for mixups but tbh its not that great. Stick to teleslam b/c on hit teleslam give u + frame advantage
3. Basic BNB
Midscreen:
212 teleslam/shadow charge/shadow slide
b1214 teleslam/shadow charge/ shadow slide
b214 teleslam/shadow charge/ shadow slide

Corner: upknee
212 upknee 12 upknee 12upkee 12 upknee
b1214 upknee 12 upknee 12upkee 12 upknee
b214 upknee 12 upknee 12upkee 12 upknee
212 upkee 212 upknee 12 upknee 12 upknee

***Im making a video guide on noob saibot after NEC so it will show ABSOLUTLEY EVERYTHING u need to know about noob. COMPLETE frame data and all***

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.

Ty
1. Yes it can be used as an AA, but throwing an upknee out is much easier imo ;p When they try for a jip, I usually upknee into teleslam or upknee into slide/shadow tackle. When they try to cross me up and my upknee connects, you can dash forward and 1 xx 1,2 xx Ex upknee xx teleslam for full dmg, or try to set them up with a reset after the 1,2. And if you catch em with a njp, I've been trying to do b2 xx 1,2 xx 1,2 xx Ex upknee xx teleslam for 32% I believe, or b2 xx 1,2 xx 1,2 xx slide/tackle for 26%-27%. I try to get as much damage possible out of every AA opportunity I get. So I have no problem with using 1 bar of meter to get that 32% damage combo off the njp or after a black hole.

2. I usually never waste my time with the Ex shadow tackle unless it's going to finish them off or to beat Smokes shake. Ex upknee is the best. As for Ex slide.... lol... I very RARELY use it. I guess it's good to continue pressure, bait out a wakeup, cross ups, or goin in for a throw.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
or they can just lay there and watch you wiff ur combo....just saying

ex shadow slide tbh is a waste of meter even if its considered a physical move rather than a projectile. Save the meter for breakers and x-rays.