What's new

It came from the Shadows! - Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I can just pick Baraka for Noob's bad matchups. Not that I could beat REO's Kabal, but I can compete with most others.

And yeah he is a better character than all of my current mains, so why not put some time into him? I like playing to my strengths, which is making reads and zoningXD

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
yeah the anti zoning aspect of smoke is troublesome and getting in on him is a pain if the player is good enough like KT Smith, or CD Jr. and they know how to turtle.
The only saving grace in that MU for me has been Ex clones, and the recovery is shit on the tackle, probably should stick to the slide.

EDIT: Now that I think about it this seems like I will get blown up for this, probably not the best idea to be using Ex clones in that matchup.

a_guardian_devil

"We share blood, we are not brothers!"
Because I have always loved noob, sine he was a black sprite. I've loved the original sz so much also, and can you imagine when they revealed that the older sz is noob saibot? Lol I went crazy.

But yeah, he is the definition of badassery, cool, dark, creepy voice, I mean come on what's not to like?

I like the way he plays and I always enjoy it and enjoy playing him for what he is regardless of winning or losing.

This is why I like the shadow ninja :)

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I've always liked Noob since back in the day. He's my favorite character in MK, regardless if he's perceived as "bad" by some people. I don't care if he's hard to win with or whatever. That's not gonna make me drop him as my main lol

Why would I drop my favorite character and run to pick up someone I don't really like, just so I can win more matches? Fuck that.

Noob Saibot will always be my main... and I agree with what a_guardian_devil said. He is, in my eyes, the epitome of badassery :D

u wanna kwn my fav this about winning with noob is? HIS FUCKING WIN POSE!!!!

OMG THAT SHIT IS SO OG!!!
Hell yeah. I also love how he crosses his arms and laughs right at you after a grab. Shit is bad ass.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
As far as I know, during the promo time before MK9 official release, when Noob's gameplay video was showed first time, was one of the most well received, and created some hype around his new look (what is very badass imo)

Noob is like the 7th or 8th worst character in the game and it seems everyone is picking him up and loving him. I don't get it, lol. Kenshi seems to be so much better. Noob is just cooler, but really not better. Someone 'splain it to me?
when i looked at what u wrote i was honestly lost for words... i mean seriously??? ok first off the cheese balling spam king of mk9 is NOT the worst character even in the slightest, unless ofcourse if u mean in terms of *cheap characters* then yes... 2nd- the reason this stupid ass dumb fucking gay ass garbage character is so popular is because most people don't know how to play mk9 or simply flat out suck.. but any *noob* who has no skill at the game what so ever can easily just pick the saibot spammer and viola! he will win against anybody and everybody regardless of how skilled they are simply because there is no way to counter, match, or avoid ANYTHING this cheating prick does... people who pick saibot do so cause they can't stand losing and have no skill, and they know that as long as there opponent doesn't also pick saibot there garanteed a win. there's a reason why his name is *noob* pun very much intended.

Enenra

Go to hell.
when i looked at what u wrote i was honestly lost for words... i mean seriously??? ok first off the cheese balling spam king of mk9 is NOT the worst character even in the slightest, unless ofcourse if u mean in terms of *cheap characters* then yes... 2nd- the reason this stupid ass dumb fucking gay ass garbage character is so popular is because most people don't know how to play mk9 or simply flat out suck.. but any *noob* who has no skill at the game what so ever can easily just pick the saibot spammer and viola! he will win against anybody and everybody regardless of how skilled they are simply because there is no way to counter, match, or avoid ANYTHING this cheating prick does... people who pick saibot do so cause they can't stand losing and have no skill, and they know that as long as there opponent doesn't also pick saibot there garanteed a win. there's a reason why his name is *noob* pun very much intended.
I'm surprised you can even feed yourself. Please, next time you feel like making an internet voyage, find a responsible adult.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Seems the general consensus is people just play him because they enjoy his playstyle. I can understand that, I like to play a stupid aggressive Scorpion who plays a constant game of Russian roulette; one of us is going to die! :)

a_guardian_devil

"We share blood, we are not brothers!"
Troll detected.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Noob is like the 7th or 8th worst character in the game and it seems everyone is picking him up and loving him. I don't get it, lol. Kenshi seems to be so much better. Noob is just cooler, but really not better. Someone 'splain it to me?
I believe he is a lot easier to play than Kenshi. Plus you forgot about Krueger, which is by far a lot better than Noob too!

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I smell troll....but i wanna feed troll! :C

I believe he is a lot easier to play than Kenshi. Plus you forgot about Krueger, which is by far a lot better than Noob too!

Hes easier then kenshi to pick up but to master its a diff story. You have to get around his horrible recovery on his zoning and his adequate rushdown makes it harder for him to deal with the cast.

Kenshi and freddy are better zoners than noob and kenshi has better rushdown then noob but both Kenshi and Freddy lack 2 important things tht make Noob Saibot unique.

Shadow Upknee and Teleslam

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
He is by far the most aesthetically pleasing character ever created in MK's history. I'm sure that has something to do with it, I mean c'mon he fights with his shadow. I think him and scarlet have the most clever character designs ever.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
He is by far the most aesthetically pleasing character ever created in MK's history. I'm sure that has something to do with it, I mean c'mon he fights with his shadow. I think him and scarlet have the most clever character designs ever.
Amen to that brother.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I know this seems like a popular topic but this is something that could of been in The noob saibot general discussion thread. So im moving the thread their. I got some cleaning to do here XD

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
People really take Noob Saibot for granted, even before the patch where his Shadow Tackle was made an overhead (which did bolster his game, I will admit). I myself just took him up as a main character to cover Sonya's negative match-ups and am having great success with him.

Players are dropping him because they believe zoning is all you need to do to win with Noob, but that shows their lack of understanding about the character. While his rushdown isn't something to brag about, his corner rape makes up for it. Timing is also crucial to mastering the art of his full-screen mix-ups, as well as maintaining his meter which is his life. Since his enhanced specials lack armor and aren't anything useful, keep it all for the breaker and X-ray.

You can't just play auto-pilot with a character and expect to win. That's the problem with so many players attempting to pick up characters these days, and I am not speaking only of Noob Saibot, I speak of the game in general.

...that, and he's just so fucking cool as a character! Who here loves the win pose? I actually did it on stream for EVO 2011 and it got hot really quick, haha. And I get a thrill everytime I hear this line:

"FEAR ME!"

Not to mention he has the best-looking fatality in the game.