What's new

Breakthrough - Tarkatan Is Tweedy better than YOMI and cR (except fox) combined?

Is tweedy daddy?

• Total voters

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
I'm picking up almost unprecedented levels of props fishing in these last few pages.
Don't downplay please.. This is off the richter scale atm

I don't think tweedy understands just because theres some good players that were there means that it was a guarantee'd major tourney.

Tweedy

Noob
Don't downplay please.. This is off the richter scale atm

I don't think tweedy understands just because theres some good players that were there means that it was a guarantee'd major tourney.
You can't even complete sentences properly.

I beat Reo and Hayatei.

You can't get around giving me props without looking stupid. I might have fished too hard but I paid for my catch.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
You can't even complete sentences properly.

I beat Reo and Hayatei.

You can't get around giving me props without looking stupid. I might have fished too hard but I paid for my catch.
Sorry FGC accomplished god I was driving, but that's sick that you beat two good players. Doesn't mean it was a major lmao.

I have Dab DJT and MIT at my local, so that's 3 top players. My local is now a major <-- see what i did there

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Here's a block of top 32 losers at EVO 2014:

Forever King Jr
Jupiter
Rico Suave
Wound Cowboy
Tyrant
Theo
Slayer
Forever King

Out of this group ONE player survived.

This is what EVO brackets can be like. There's more elite players in this block of losers than were at TCW. At a smaller tournament like TCW when you get out in winners top 16 you're one match away from top 8. At a bigger event like EVO you need to play more and each potential lose can be catastrophic for your bracket.

Fuudo for thought.

Tweedy

Noob
Here's a block of top 32 losers at EVO 2014:

Forever King Jr
Jupiter
Rico Suave
Wound Cowboy
Tyrant
Theo
Slayer
Forever King

Out of this group ONE player survived.

This is what EVO brackets can be like. There's more elite players in this block of losers than were at TCW. At a smaller tournament like TCW when you get out in winners top 16 you're one match away from top 8. At a bigger event like EVO you need to play more and each potential lose can be catastrophic for your bracket.

Fuudo for thought.
I don't understand this post.

Firstly, it's a different game, not even a different era. I don't know how good any of these people were at Injustice, to form an argument.

Secondly, you don't know how good a lot of the people at TCW were. Kevo and I for example proved that we're very noteworthy by beating EVO finalists from this year.

And finally, I know how good almost everyone is right now. I pretty much play everyone, whether it be online or what not. I can gauge that TCW was nothing less than a 2nd rate major to EVO/CEO/Combo Breaker. Someone who hasn't loaded up MKX in however much time, can't really tell me otherwise.

Last part was directed at that Atk guy.

Tweedy

Noob
16 Bit is respectable of course but I think he falls into that category that is out of the loop and currently has like, 2015 placers ranked over Hayatei in the current game.

I'm sure if I knew about Injustice I could easily dissect that block, but it's an argument I could never win, especially with all of the out of the loop OGs that would pop their head in.

Like I said earlier i'm ending this thread. If beating Hayatei and almost beating Sonic is regional worthy, then Combo Breaker and EVO weren't shit either because 99% of people there couldn't do that either. Try your best to discredit.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
No, you can't dissect that block. Those are elite guys. Guys who were placing and winning major tournaments in the lead up to EVO 2014. They're not guys on the cusp or guys who you can feel are good. 5 of the guys in that list got top 8 at MLG Anaheim a few weeks before that.

Tweedy

Noob
Those are elite guys. Guys who were placing and winning major tournaments in the lead up to EVO 2014. They're not guys on the cusp or guys who you can feel are good. 5 of the guys in that list got top 8 at MLG Anaheim a few weeks before that.
Idk I feel like you're probably just being biased towards your game and there's no way that I can argue it.

Like, i'm sure there weren't 4 of the top 5 players period in that block. That's what was at TCW. There were also two players who got wins over them, some that came damn close, and other solid players.

Why didn't anyone have any issue with calling Summerjam a major just weeks before, when it was weaker than TCW? This has to just be on me, especially since I keep saying that I know TCW was not as strong as EVO/Combo Breaker.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Noo
16 Bit is respectable of course but I think he falls into that category that is out of the loop and currently has like, 2015 placers ranked over Hayatei in the current game.

I'm sure if I knew about Injustice I could easily dissect that block, but it's an argument I could never win, especially with all of the out of the loop OGs that would pop their head in.

Like I said earlier i'm ending this thread. If beating Hayatei and almost beating Sonic is regional worthy, then Combo Breaker and EVO weren't shit either because 99% of people there couldn't do that either. Try your best to discredit.
Lmao there's zero point in talking to you, but if you can, try your hardest to understand this --- Who you beat, has nothing to do with it being a major or not. TCW being a regional or major has ZERO to do with you beating hayatei or REO

Nobody is discrediting you beating 2 or w/e good players dude. Stop taking it like it's downplaying those wins because it isn't. I'm sorry though i can't see it being a major, being you get out of 6 person pool and go to top 16

Tweedy

Noob
Not to mention i'm sure that 16 bit just took out the most ridiculous bracket that he could find, from all the years of NRS games at EVO.

Which makes it even more fraudulent, since I never said TCW = EVO.

Tweedy

Noob
Noo

Lmao there's zero point in talking to you, but if you can, try your hardest to understand this --- Who you beat, has nothing to do with it being a major or not. TCW being a regional or major has ZERO to do with you beating hayatei or REO

Nobody is discrediting you beating 2 or w/e good players dude. Stop taking it like it's downplaying those wins because it isn't. I'm sorry though i can't see it being a major, being you get out of 6 person pool and go to top 16
Would you rather have it to where I play 4-5 more lesser players, making the pool bigger, then having to play Buffalo/Reo for top 64 and top 32? lol

Buffalo/Reo/Hayatei/Sonic looks like a tough top 64 to top 8 road to me, at any major.

Of course out of the loop OGs don't know who Buffalo is. Play his Sub, come back with a looser butthole.

Edit: The tournament is essentially being discredited for being smaller, not for being weaker. Gotcha, that's understandable, still doesn't make it a non-major.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Every single post @KingHippo made in this thread is 100% truth. I agree completely.

Props to @Tweedy for his showing at TCW. It's interesting to see that an online warrior can see the irrelevance of online tournaments to the weight of being a top player after going to 1 offline tournament. Hmmmm.
The story of everyone online player who we've integrated to Australia's offline scene. "Shit, so THIS is what I've been missing out on??? Fuck online!"

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
I wasn't in a position to travel but I make waves online. What online tournament did you win? Who did you beat on Red Hot Sundays?

And yes, i'm the center of attention because I went and backed up my talk, and this thread is based around me. Deal with it.

I can speak your name all I want. What are you gonna do about it? No one is being a scumbag to you. This is a video game forum and I haven't tossed any personal insults your way, as if I could. I'm just tired of people talking about events as if they were there or know what they're talking about. "Lol you make it out of pools and you're in top 16", but at events where you make it out of pools and you're in top 64, you don't play multiple top players in pools. lol

You came in this thread going in about how it's a regional and what not. You don't have any legs to stand on or any right to say shit.

@Pig Of The Hut let me blow this guy up on Red Hot Sundays please.
I'm not understanding whatsoever how anything we're talking about has to do with me playing lmao. And the thread is about you, not the tournament itself, get over it. And you came at me basically saying I'm not shit because I'm not in a position to travel tf lmao and talking about me playing the game. Again has nothing to do with this topic. And I said I thought it was a regional (still not getting what you don't understand about that, I guess there's no comprehension no matter how much I repeat myself so I give up lol) and what does my position in the community have to do wether this is a regional or not? Honestly now that I'm looking at it I think this is funny how much you FIEND for some sort of recognition you're angry about my post that wasn't even coming at you lol. Ggs. And wtf would the blowup be??? How does us doing a ft3 include a blowup?? Make yourself look more like a fool please. I'm actually getting entertained by this lol

Tweedy

Noob
Dudes can't even properly write out paragraphs.

But me beating a top 5 current player is whatever.

I wasn't supposed to do anything offline. I was supposed to choke, crack, drown in pools.

Shut up. I'm god.

TheGangstaFace

Lol this guy's account has an xbox live tag.

If you're only on xbox, YOU'RE NOT REALLY PLAYING THIS GAME. LOL

Anyone can post on TYM. This is why so many people thought i'd do bad. There are so many of these shitheads that just say whatever they want on here.

My schedule is free this Sunday. Ask Pig and I will end you.
Weren't you on Xbox before you got a PS4? Uhhh...and I don't have a PS4 because I like Xbox better and I don't only play MKX lol. So now you're coming at me because of my console choice. Nice. Oh I guess KP and Forever Elite aren't really playing this game :/ and don't generalize me into that category. I've never once in my life said you'd do bad lol. The more you talk to me the dumber you look lol

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Would you rather have it to where I play 4-5 more lesser players, making the pool bigger, then having to play Buffalo/Reo for top 64 and top 32? lol

Buffalo/Reo/Hayatei/Sonic looks like a tough top 64 to top 8 road to me, at any major.

Of course out of the loop OGs don't know who Buffalo is. Play his Sub, come back with a looser butthole.

Edit: The tournament is essentially being discredited for being smaller, not for being weaker. Gotcha, that's understandable, still doesn't make it a non-major.
Not saying that, but long pools and routes through brackets poses threats of upsets from up and coming talent. Like who were you before this first offline event? Every match you could run into an unknown who came out and has a possibility of beating you. Who's to say you don't lose to REO or something in pool 1 match 1 or 2 and have to play a gauntlet of other amazing players who lost to yet, another amazing player in the other pool etc etc...

I don't think you quite understand. You're too busy being a loud mouth arrogant asshole instead. Show some humbleness dude jesus. I think it's sick you beat a few accomplished players, and you did it on stream! So it's tight you get to show the haters or doubters, that you can hang with anyone offline. That being said, you deserve to be proud of yourself for those accomplishments and you can't downplay those wins.

Tweedy

Noob
Weren't you on Xbox before you got a PS4? Uhhh...and I don't have a PS4 because I like Xbox better and I don't only play MKX lol. So now you're coming at me because of my console choice. Nice. Oh I guess KP and Forever Elite aren't really playing this game :/ and don't generalize me into that category. I've never once in my life said you'd do bad lol. The more you talk to me the dumber you look lol
KP and Forever Elite are both on ps4 as well lol.

Xbox died for MKX after ESL switched. If you're only on xbox, you're most likely not very good at all.

I got hit up by Kay9 the other day about how he's on ps4 now. There are only a few players left who just own xbox ones and are good at the game. None are named GangstaFace.

TheGangstaFace

lol ppl complaining about Tweedy being the center of attention, in a thread literally titled after him, like he just has to be silent and let people talk about him for 20 pages straight

if you don't want to read about or from tweedy why click on it?
Lol if you read what we were talking about he has nothing to do whether TCW is a regional or not

Tweedy

Noob
Not saying that, but long pools and routes through brackets poses threats of upsets from up and coming talent. Like who were you before this first offline event? Every match you could run into an unknown who came out and has a possibility of beating you. Who's to say you don't lose to REO or something in pool 1 match 1 or 2 and have to play a gauntlet of other amazing players who lost to yet, another amazing player in the other pool etc etc...

I don't think you quite understand. You're too busy being a loud mouth arrogant asshole instead. Show some humbleness dude jesus. I think it's sick you beat a few accomplished players, and you did it on stream! So it's tight you get to show the haters or doubters that you can't hang with anyone offline. That being said, you deserve to be proud of yourself for those accomplishments and you can't downplay those wins.
Cool, I got the props out of ya.

#WhosNext

TheGangstaFace

KP and Forever Elite are both on ps4 as well lol.

Xbox died for MKX after ESL switched. If you're only on xbox, you're most likely not very good at all.

I got hit up by Kay9 the other day about how he's on ps4 now. There are only a few players left who just own xbox ones and are good at the game. None are named GangstaFace.
They only got PS4 because of ESL, as in they just got it what like 4 months ago? Again my purchases with my money have nothing to do whether I'm good or not lol. I don't see the logic in purchasing a $300-$400 console and a year of membership and the game and DLC all over again and leave my friends on Xbox ALL to play a game that is near the end of it's life lol. Nothing you say will change my mind about that lol. I don't have the money to blow. I don't need a second console. I'm also still waiting for the answer to what my skill has to do with this tournament. Still waiting.