What's new

Breakthrough - Tarkatan Is Tweedy better than YOMI and cR (except fox) combined?

Is tweedy daddy?

• Total voters

Tweedy

Noob
Summer Jam wasn't a major really. But people say major cause its cleaner to say and easier to say than regional. I'm trying to remmeber who went to final round and i think it might of been on par with TCW skill wise of the players although Final Round had more. More doesn't always equal better. It just looks nicer. You could have an event with 100 Scrubs and 10 good players but seeing 110 looks better than seeing an event with 30 people with 25 being S tier placers and A tier plaers.
For sure. Every pool was pretty stacked besides Hayatei's and maybe Kevo's.

And idk about Summer Jam not being a major. I just feel like it wasn't as big as EVO/CEO/Combo Breaker. No events will be, besides hopefully TCW from here on out.

Because if it wasn't. Then what are actual regionals? Locals? That wouldn't make sense lol.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
For sure. Every pool was pretty stacked besides Hayatei's and maybe Kevo's.

And idk about Summer Jam not being a major. I just feel like it just wasn't as big as EVO/CEO/Combo Breaker. No events will be, besides hopefully TCW from here on out.
Summer jam got year 1 syndrome. Where it did well in numbers year one but failed to have numbers year 2. In my Chart to determine what events are what i put it as regional cause of that issue. Meanwhile events like Combo breaker and CEO although they lose players year 2 its not as big of a loss as events like Summer jam, DTN, Winter Brawl, ECT, ETC. Even TCW had a big drop in players year 1 to 2 sadly. I still consider it a major due to the pot bonus and the fact that it did have or try to have 1 S tier Player and 1 A tier player in each pool.

Tweedy

Noob
I think a lot of props should maybe just come down to who you played, in the end, because yeah I guess people will never settle on what event is what. Some people probably think only EVO is a major.

Like for example, Absolute Battle was a regional, but @Rude was kept from getting out of pools by 2ez who is good enough to get top 8 at majors. It's not like he was kept down by regional players.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
I think a lot of props should maybe just come down to who you played, in the end, because yeah I guess people will never settle on what event is what. Some people probably think only EVO is a major.

Like for example, Absolute Battle was a regional, but @Rude was kept from getting out of pools by 2ez who is good enough to get top 8 at majors. It's not like he was kept down by regional players.
2EZ mostly got top 8 at smaller events. Unless i am forgetting one. TCW was the best he did at a larger event unless again i am missed an event.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
The only reason I care to argue is because it was clearly a major.

90% of "majors", are as stacked or even less stacked than TCW, yet because of my performance people downplay it. Summerjam just weeks before was less stacked and no one had any problem calling it a major. A big tag line for it was "Forever Elite, Iluusions and Sylverrye get their first major top 8".

Then we have people who don't pay attention, come in and see people saying it wasn't a major, and they believe them lol.

It would be like, if you bought some chocolate chip cookies, sat them on the table, someone came in and said "those aren't chocolate chips, they're poop balls", just to spite you. Then a blind guys with no sense of smell or taste comes in and believes that dude because he doesn't really know what's up.

A regional is an event like Toryuken or ECT that only had 1 god present, some other top players, no Sonicfox, 4 pools, and that attending god won with ease. At TCW there were 4 gods, two people who beat gods, 8 pools that were more dense then pools at other majors, Sonicfox, etc.

Not to mention some of the attending gods and god beaters, like Hayatei, Scar, me, were out of the region, so it's factually not a regional.

People are just dumb and will do anything to save face, even shitting on Mr Aquaman's event. No one ever said TCW was EVO or Combo Breaker, but it was right below those. If I didn't attend no one would have any problem calling it a major.
Personally I wouldn't care, because people will always, no matter what, try and minimize your success in life. It happens in the FGC, it happens in life. You can try and debate it or "regulate" it until you've said the same thing a billion times, but it won't change a thing. All it will do is help your ego a bit, so to me it wouldn't be worth it.

If people want to minimize your success by saying TCW isn't a major, fuck 'em. Whether it was or not is irrelevant imo, but that's just me.

RagingRicans

NetBattles
I wanted to save this for a few days after to make it seem like i'm not just hyping him up to make myself seem more impressive.

Buffalo is the best Sub in America. Did anyone see those anti cross-over standing 1s he hit on me? I was shook lol.

Hopefully he covers those bad match ups with a secondary and starts breaking through. Sucks that he had to play a top Alien and Predator in pools alone lol. That regional life!

Edit: Even in casuals he was giving 2ez and Sonic fits. Buffalo is also surprisingly gigantic in real life. Like he was as tall as me. I think he hunches over when he plays and it makes him seem smaller.
Buffalo sucks

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
It's not really discrediting the event. Discrediting the event would be saying that it sucks and should never run again (No one has ever said this nor ever will). WCW4 for IGAU was an incredible event that was well run with one of the finest GF in the game's life, but it was a regional event at best. It had half the Evo top 8, but it is what it is. Just wasn't big and didn't have a huge pool of talent beyond the Evo guys there.

This is almost never an actual slight at the events or the event runners themselves. In competition, the reality is that not everyone can be great. We all can have our opinions, and that's cool (that's cool), but at the same time, top guys are top guys because they can consistently place ahead of the competition.

I'm sure Buffalo and 2ez and the SOVA guys are nice swell guys (I've met a few of them, I know this to be true!), and I'm glad they support the scene by spending the time and money to go to tournaments, but they simply don't have the resume of top players, and they've been going to events for the better part of the year, maybe longer in some cases. I would imagine no top player would look at an event filled with these guys and consider them reasons why the event is a major only because, again, the resume is not there. But that's okay!

The nice truth about FGs is that you're never down for good, and the opportunity is always there for you to take your rightful place. You can look at the careers of players like @cR WoundCowboy or @16 Bit or @Big D who have all had big ups and downs but picked themselves out of the dirt every loss to emerge as true forces in MK9, IGAU and MKX respectively.

The truth is, not everyone can be considered great, or even very good, which is how people will ultimately judge events. This is not a life sentence, however, and the cream always rises to the top. Fuudo for thought.

Tweedy

Noob
Buffalo, 2ez and the SOVA guys are good. So are Kevo and I who beat EVO medalists.

Throw in 4 of the top 5 in the world, 8 pools, NRS pot bonus, sounds like a major to me.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
It's not really discrediting the event. Discrediting the event would be saying that it sucks and should never run again (No one has ever said this nor ever will). WCW4 for IGAU was an incredible event that was well run with one of the finest GF in the game's life, but it was a regional event at best. It had half the Evo top 8, but it is what it is. Just wasn't big and didn't have a huge pool of talent beyond the Evo guys there.

This is almost never an actual slight at the events or the event runners themselves. In competition, the reality is that not everyone can be great. We all can have our opinions, and that's cool (that's cool), but at the same time, top guys are top guys because they can consistently place ahead of the competition.

I'm sure Buffalo and 2ez and the SOVA guys are nice swell guys (I've met a few of them, I know this to be true!), and I'm glad they support the scene by spending the time and money to go to tournaments, but they simply don't have the resume of top players, and they've been going to events for the better part of the year, maybe longer in some cases. I would imagine no top player would look at an event filled with these guys and consider them reasons why the event is a major only because, again, the resume is not there. But that's okay!

The nice truth about FGs is that you're never down for good, and the opportunity is always there for you to take your rightful place. You can look at the careers of players like @cR WoundCowboy or @16 Bit or @Big D who have all had big ups and downs but picked themselves out of the dirt every loss to emerge as true forces in MK9, IGAU and MKX respectively.

The truth is, not everyone can be considered great, or even very good, which is how people will ultimately judge events. This is not a life sentence, however, and the cream always rises to the top. Fuudo for thought.
No no we said it was garbage and it didn't matter remember?

Tweedy

Noob
You might as well say that it's garbage, though lol.

The event was factually more than a regional. If you stack up regional top 16s and top 8s, versus TCW, the strength of players isn't even comparable. Top players came from different regions, 4 of the top 5 period were there, it was supplemented by NRS.

Calling it a regional is insulting as fuck. No one gets 5th at regionals because they had to play the #1 and #2 player in succession. Regionals will typically just have 1 or 2 players out of the top ten, like Absolute Battle, ECT, Toryuken, Defend the North, etc.

Like, I traveled on a bus for an absurd amount of hours. I'm gonna be kind of bothered when people who are so out of the loop that they don't know who Hayatei or Scar are, call it a regional.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Only two players didn't place top 8 at TCW who are ranked in the SRK top 50. REO(13th) and Mr. Aquaman(48th). In total, 6 top 50 players competed at TCW. At Combo Breaker 2016 11 players in the top 32 failed to make top 8, with a total of 19 players in the top 50.

This isn't entirely accurate since I am using the current SRK rankings instead of May's but you get the idea.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I don't actually care if it's called a major or regional though, I am just providing Fuudo for thought. This is always subjective. I've been to many tournaments considered regionals that had multiple top 5 players. The major I won was discredited too. In fact it's literally called SoCal Regionals so maybe they were on to something.

This has been a topic since time immemorial.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
At this point it sounds like we're debating a label given to the event. Everyone can see what you accomplished @Tweedy, of course there'll always be haters. Whether it's a 'major', 'regional', 'local' or whatever you took out some good names and that's all that matters.

You just need to work on taking out the rest of the names who weren't at TCW in future events.

Tweedy

Noob
A lot of the people ranked in the top 50 in SRK haven't competed in awhile.

Like i'm sure Kevo isn't top 50 in SRK, but he beat Dragon and Scar. so lol

Edit: Aquaman and Reo being ranked so high just proves my point about players like Cossner, 2ez and Dark. How did they place better or the same as top 50 srk guys? hmmmmmm

Alucard for example is ranked 20th but he hasn't played in ages. SRK rankings determining is an event is a major or not in the current era is super fraudulent.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
I love how you throw out random accusations like I don't play and don't know who top players are. You're ignorant af. Just stop responding to me. You sound ridiculous every time. I'm about to just block you. And I'm letting you know because I don't want you commenting on my statuses thinking I can see what you're saying lol

Tweedy

Noob
Alucard > Kevodaman right now.

Ummm, idk about that SRK.

Edit: And then there's like Whiteblack and Dizzy in the top 25.

This is retarded. You guys are grasping at straws.

Tweedy

Noob
My brain matter is scattered after the SRK rankings got brought upt.

In September of 2016 Alucard, Whiteblack and Dizzy, make MKX majors more credible than Kevodaman. LMAO

SRK rankings are cool for all time, but not for weighing current events. Jesus Christ.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I mean if you want to play that game you can talk about it all night. For example, REO, the guy you keep pumping up, hasn't had a great year. His last major top 8 placement was in 2015. Yet you're using him to get props.

As a great man once said "the numbers don't lie and they spell disaster for you at TYM"

Tweedy

Noob
I mean if you want to play that game you can talk about it all night. For example, REO, the guy you keep pumping up, hasn't had a great year. His last major top 8 placement was in 2015. Yet you're using him to get props.

As a great man once said "the numbers don't lie and they spell disaster for you at TYM"
I never said Reo is a god or anything.

You're just stretching things. SRK is invalid for current events. I didn't list Reo as a god win.

You're beyond delusional if you believe that Alucard currently makes MKX majors more credible than Kevodaman, Dark, 2ez, Cossner, Zappa, Buffalo.

Tweedy

Noob
All of your arguments are stretched and bullshit.

You bring up the sickest EVO bracket ever, as if I said that TCW = EVO.

You use SRK rankings to judge current events, that have people ranked in the top 20 who haven't entered MKX in almost a year.

You say I use Reo to get props when I never listed him as a god win. I listed him as a good win, yes. Reo is good.