What's new

Breakthrough - Tarkatan Is Tweedy better than YOMI and cR (except fox) combined?

Is tweedy daddy?

• Total voters

Tweedy

Noob
Please don't use me as a way to give yourself or other TYM posters props.

A lot of people thought I would do well, I didn't just come out of the woodwork. The only reason people don't know me on here is because they don't pay attention to popular streams/online tournaments.

The notable players that I beat and lost to, knew I was a threat going in. Reo even called me the next Curbo. The people who didn't know that I was a threat, were like, billy and bobby from TYM who haven't played since November of 2015.

You gotta earn your online props too, is basically what i'm saying. They're not just given, mine were not.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged

A lot of people thought I would do well, I didn't just come out of the woodwork. The only reason people don't know me on here is because they don't pay attention to popular streams/online tournaments.

The notable players that I beat and lost to, knew I was a threat going in. Reo even called me the next Curbo. The people who didn't know that I was a threat, were like, billy and bobby from TYM who haven't played since November of 2015.

You gotta earn your online props too, is basically what i'm saying. They're not just given, mine were not.
What I'm saying is that the commonly used argument "online victories don't count" is simply getting weaker and weaker.

If one can do well vs good players online, he/she can also do well offline. New netcodes are narrowing the gap. There will always be a difference, but not as big to make a good online player do very bad offline.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Top player upsets don't really make the event a major, it just means that there are some new blood who are ready, willing, and able to be threats to the previous top guys. No one is (or really can, tbh) deny that you Kevo had a hell of a weekend. It would still not change, to a lot of the top players with the mentality I've outlined, that this probably would not be considered a major. And that's okay

An event being a major usually has to do with 1) Prestige and 2) Amount of players there. 120+ man events are almost always a spectacle, and those events tend to bring out the best from everywhere. This is your CEO, your Combo Breaker, your Evo, etc.

TCW simply doesn't have that prestige yet, which is reasonable, considering it's in its infancy. I think the problem is you're getting too hung up on what a "major" means as far as player ability.

Even if the event is a small regional, beating established top guys is very impressive. The "major" argument doesn't even matter when you have scalps like that. The argument comes into play when a player may brag that they are getting 9th or top 16 at these regional events which have a low player base where the accomplishment of those placements is often three matches or less won. At a major event, the endurance of having to run through large pools AND large post pool swaths, often of great players attracted by the money and prestige, is worth talking about 9th or top 16 (sometimes: the hardcore guys will probably say top 8 or gtfo).

Tl;dr: You established that you are good this weekend, regardless of whether or not the event was a "major" or not. Don't get caught up too much on what the event is labeled, that really only matters for SRK rankings and bragging rights when people fail to place top 8.
100% agree. Especially because in this tournament, once you make it out of pools you're in top 16

Tweedy

Noob
Lol i'm like trying to create conflict to get extra props, what am I doing.

Good night guys. Everything will be back to normal soon.

GhosT

Noob
What's better than @Tweedy first tournament performance?

His keyboard skills.

Yeah but since nobody else will outright say it, and because I have seen the private shit talk chats that were basically dedicated to you over the weekend (smh) good work. Your doing it right if you can make a lot of grown ass man children rage

Tweedy

Noob
100% agree. Especially because in this tournament, once you make it out of pools you're in top 16
That's how CEO was.

CEO was more stacked than TCW, of course(not by much though), but it just goes to show that how much you have to play once out of pools does not matter.

Some people got really far at EVO without really having to play too many killers. I had to play Buffalo and Reo in pools. A more condensed tournament is not always a bad thing.

Not saying TCW is > EVO, but I mean, the number of players does not determine the quality.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Right, Yams forced Sonic into Acidic. I've played the best players, I played Yams in casuals, he's pretty good lol.

But nope, according to TYM he doesn't help make a major because he's not yomi.
Everytime Sonicfox has picked cassie against a SoVa player he loses and has to change to his other character. SoVa knows that MU cause of Gimpy who was a great cassie and got top 8 at last years TCW. Also seriously Stop giving Yams props. Dude is a living meme and you are just making him stronger.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
@Tweedy the whole major/regional debate that people are having honestly has nothing to do with you being there. It's something that comes up every NRS game cycle, it was ridiculous in injustice.

Everyone knows that you performed incredibly well this weekend, took out huge names and only lost to sonic and scar.

Don't let any of the other nonsense take anything away from that. Forget about what people want to call it.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
I haven't said this because I didn't want to worry Mama Sanix or anyone.

I got in a fight with some homeless dude at the New York Greyhound station over my wallet, who was as tall as he was round lol. My ride got delayed for 9 hours, clocking in my total trip at 55 hours.

I lose to Sonic and Scar, the best two players in the world, beat Hayatei, Reo and Buffalo. Just to get on TYM where people who don't know how good anyone is, tell me that it's a regional event.

Three top players from outside of the region go there. By definition it's not a regional you fucking loon.

I'm trying to see if I can go to TFC last second. It'll be the same trip, probably just as many homeless guys trying to trip guard me at stations. That might be an actual regional too, but I guarantee some good players will be there. Kinghippo and Gangsterface won't know anything about that, though, because they probably don't even play lol.
Lol this isn't cute how you didn't tag me. Let me see how to respond without going too off topic and roasting you lol.

1. Me saying I thought...THOUGHT...It was a regional was not me discrediting your achievement at all. Tell me where I said that. I wanna know where I said "I mean it's just a regional bro so your top 8 doesn't count" or "you use Alien man so you doing well against top players doesn't matter."

2.This literally had nothing to do with you whether you went or not. Stop trying to be the center of attention please. "I was there so I feel like everyone is saying it's a regional because of me." First. No. it doesn't matter if you traveled from buttfuck nowhere to compete. You know why people call it a regional? Attendance and as said above PRESTIGE. You wanna know why the NRS community cares so much about TCW? THEY CARE ABOUT NRS. They treat the community well unlike other events. The community is trying to increase this events prestige.

3. How does this conversation translate into me not playing the game? Explain. Because you're salty af at discussion and something I said that you may not have liked? A. I don't go to tournaments because I'm not in a position to travel, which I believe you weren't either until some other person paid for your expenses. B. I play the game every day lolz

4. Don't ever speak my name again unless you're willing to tag me in an actual discussion. I've heard plenty of shit about you and I'm my own man and been like "oh well, that's not my problem, he didn't do anything to me." Now? You're being a scumbag to me and I'm not gonna let you slander me how you want.

Last edited:

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Doesn't the well performance of Tweedy offline (in his 1st offline tournament) actually confirm the opposite?

That online, in its current state, actually matters, and people who do well online can't be underestimated?

I'm sure that many players from here would make a good role in offline events if they were also given the opportunity to go.

Instead of promoting elitism, I think Tweedy's case is another proof of how online is getting closer and closer to offline.
Online is great for training but you become a top player by PROVING it in tournament. That is something that many of you will never understand until you travel and compete at tournaments. Seems like Tweedy sees that now. You can win as many clan wars or clan tournaments as you want but that in itself doesn't mean you deserve seeding at the next major.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Now that the netcode is fixed, I think calling events like ESL irrelevant isn't accurate at all.

That's a talking point from 2011 that isn't valid anymore.

Two different places to prove yourself, and each has their own characteristics and benefits.

Plus, everyone who's truly top in MKX (Sonic, Scar, Dragon, Foxy, etc.) is doing well in both.
The irrelevance of online tournaments to determining if you're a top player. First of all, Tweedy kept on gloating beforehand about winning his clan tournaments and such but the fact is, no one cares. What we care about is results offline.

If you do well in ESL, that's great but it's not enough. Look at Crawlingshadow. Who really sees him as a top player? Probably no one. He made ESL finals twice.

When it comes down to it, consistently placing OFFLINE earns you a seed at OFFLINE tournaments. End of story.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
seems kind of a convenient point of view for honeybee to have lol, but ill say no more on that. IMO there is no way that online matters for nothing, local is always going to be best but this isn't back in the day any more u fckin oldheads , online is CRISP and if you arent doing well online u aint gunna do fuck all in a tournament neither. Local holds the true glory but discrediting online is crazy

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
The irrelevance of online tournaments to determining if you're a top player. First of all, Tweedy kept on gloating beforehand about winning his clan tournaments and such but the fact is, no one cares. What we care about is results offline.

If you do well in ESL, that's great but it's not enough. Look at Crawlingshadow. Who really sees him as a top player? Probably no one. He made ESL finals twice.

When it comes down to it, consistently placing OFFLINE earns you a seed at OFFLINE tournaments. End of story.
A good amount of us try to forget Crawling Shadow existed thanks s lot Honeybee.

Btw hope to see you an Bio at next years TCW. You'll get a cupcake this time.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
I just feel like TCW is questioned as a major 100% because of me.

Final Round this year, Summerjam, and even Winterbrawl, which was weaker than the 2 aforementioned and TCW, were comfortably called majors with no issue, but with TCW, which is arguably the most stacked of the 4, there's a problem.

I feel like if I would have gotten top 8 at CEO or Combo Breaker, it'd be "well, EVO is the only real event".

People can say what they want tbh. I beat Hayatei, I beat Reo, took Fox to game 5. That's the resume of a stellar performance at a major. Hold that. It's just odd to discredit Aquaman's event because it was perhaps 2nd rate to the big 3 events.

Like regionals are won by players like Hayatei and Scar, without losing games. To knock off real majors like TCW into that category because of me? I mean, don't break your goal post with how much you're trying to move it.
TCW being questioned as a major has nothing to do with you. It was definitely the most stacked tournament since EVO. DTN, AB7, ECT, SJ weren't stacked to the levels of EVO, CEO, CB, KIT etc. which everyone can agree are 'majors'.

TCW had a lot of good competition but not at the level of the previously mentioned tournaments.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
TCW being questioned as a major has nothing to do with you. It was definitely the most stacked tournament since EVO. DTN, AB7, ECT, SJ weren't stacked to the levels of EVO, CEO, CB, KIT etc. which everyone can agree are 'majors'.

TCW had a lot of good competition but not at the level of the previously mentioned tournaments.
It got hit with the year 2 syndrome. gets a lot of people year 1. hella stacked. everyone there. Then year 2 barely anyone goes. which is sad. The community asked for a tournament that caters to nrs. and thats what TCW. But still barely anyone showed up. I know 2250 isnt 10K but people used to travel for nothing or just 1K free entry. It kinda pisses me off that more people didnt go and im not even a TO

Let's go tweedy! Let's go!!!!

All I know is I met tweedy Friday night, never seen him play before. He was humble, and from the matches he won, he was obviously well prepared. If you weren't there to get beat by him, stfu, and go see the man in the next event.

Tweedy for president!

Make the thread great again!

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
It got hit with the year 2 syndrome. gets a lot of people year 1. hella stacked. everyone there. Then year 2 barely anyone goes. which is sad. The community asked for a tournament that caters to nrs. and thats what TCW. But still barely anyone showed up. I know 2250 isnt 10K but people used to travel for nothing or just 1K free entry. It kinda pisses me off that more people didnt go and im not even a TO
Considering the attendance at all the tournaments after EVO, players quitting, the new patch not being out yet, it shouldn't be that surprising.

I'm positive TCW 2017 will have a great turnout for NRS games.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I know many people have already expressed their displeasure at this thread turning into a Jax/Erron discussion but for what it's worth, I played Erron during vanilla window when Marksman was systematically his best variant and the Jax matchup honestly didn't feel any better than 4-6 Jax's advantage. Scar contemplating switching from having a main like Demo fucking Sonya to specifically Jax in TCW grand finals against Sonic's Erron is highly unlikely to be a coincidence.

Also, why do people have Gunslinger down as no chance of being bottom 10/his best variant? Because Sonic said so? He also has had Alien down as losing to Kung Lao, Johnny and Cassie. Are you sure some of you guys want to invest stock in all of his public statements? He also waxed people with Mileena in MK9 to the point where people genuinely believed she wasn't knocking on bottom 10's door. (And truth be told, the only reason she wasn't was because the bottom tier in that game were all like, 1 nerf away from having a toolset on par with a generic NPC). Some people are more gifted at getting mileage out of given playstyles than others, and that's okay.

Tweedy

Noob
@Tweedy the whole major/regional debate that people are having honestly has nothing to do with you being there. It's something that comes up every NRS game cycle, it was ridiculous in injustice.

Everyone knows that you performed incredibly well this weekend, took out huge names and only lost to sonic and scar.

Don't let any of the other nonsense take anything away from that. Forget about what people want to call it.
I'm not even mad about it I was honestly just prop fishing hard last night lol.