What's new

Is Sektor Top 5?!

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I have an idea. Cd jr just showcased his kang over the weekend. Let's go ahead and make that character top 5 as well since cd jr will no doubt win a tourney with him before it's over.
Ru Kang is another top tier character that people sleep on.

He's like jax except his 10 frame low starter doesn't get blown up by low/medium hitbox characters and leads to high 30's in damage.

Oh, and he has instant air and low projectiles that the EX versions stagger for a free jump in.

Jax + Kabal but better.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man

He's like jax except his 10 frame low starter doesn't get blown up by low/medium hitbox characters and leads to high 30's in damage.

Oh, and he has instant air and low projectiles that the EX versions stagger for a free jump in.

Jax + Kabal but better.
Yeah didn't ya hear? Sektor won PU and FV that means hes top 3.

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
I am telling you guys he is 6TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And ikizzle owns with him....

Altaire

Noob
I've been saying Sektor is top ten for months now, and I'm starting to lean towards top five for one reason: He has so few bad matchups.

I put him right around 7 when I did my own tier list. I'm not going to jump to conclusions and say he's top 5 just yet, but this character is unbelievably solid. I don't know how more people didn't see it. He has great footsies, great poke tools, great zoning, damage out the ass... What more could you want, really? He does a dickload of damage, and he has no problem getting it. That, to me, is the make of a top-tier character.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
People doubting Sektor aren't factoring how much MK9 is changing.

It's changing in his favor heavily. The way the game is played now is so different from the beginning. Fundamentals are starting to really settle in, and some characters are getting more notice due to it. Top 5 talks? Not surprising, tbh.

Well lets see, A safe 6 frame hit comfirmable launcher, GDLK Antiairs, amazing pokes, amazing footsies, huge damage, and resets. Pretty good.

NKZero

Noob
Well lets see, A safe 6 frame hit comfirmable launcher, GDLK Antiairs, amazing pokes, amazing footsies, huge damage, and resets. Pretty good.
Resets? Where? I agree with the rest though. The only thing he lacks (but he doesn't need) is armour and better wake-up game but I seriously cannot complain with this character. He's so solid :).

NKZero

Noob
I believe he's talking about ending combos in Flameburner for a true reset, not something like a Cyrax reset combo.
oh right...but I don't even know what to call those. flame burner simply negates wake-ups unlike a Baraka/Kabal F4 or Cage nut punch where you are guaranteed to make the next move. flame burner is similar to Rain's water thingy or Reptile's EX acid spit or whatever.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Okay, Sektor's probably around top 10. Not top 5. He has some problems, a lot of those revolve around NRS' being incompetent and making his shit whiff off practically every normal he has. Despite that, he's not a bad character, very meter reliant and has god awful wakeups however. This is all player ability and/or bad MUs/unfamiliarity imo.

Please, people bandwagon Sektor because you falsely assume he's a top 5, it'll be really hysterical lol. I do feel that ANY character can win a tournament, if the MU is a 5-5 or in their favor.

edit: Okay, maybe not Jade or Baraka.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Okay, Sektor's probably around top 10. Not top 5. He has some problems, a lot of those revolve around NRS' being incompetent and making his shit whiff off practically every normal he has. Despite that, he's not a bad character, very meter reliant and has god awful wakeups however. This is all player ability and/or bad MUs/unfamiliarity imo.

Please, people bandwagon Sektor because you falsely assume he's a top 5, it'll be really hysterical lol. I do feel that ANY character can win a tournament, if the MU is a 5-5 or in their favor.

edit: Okay, maybe not Jade or Baraka.
Kitana has bad wakeups, and is still in contention for top 5. A lot of characters don't have that great of wakeup options, anyway.

Jax + Kabal but better.
Please don't troll.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Im surprised this thread is still going. I put it up for the sake of trolling just to prevent 80 other ones from popping up.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Does Sek have the potential to be top 5? Yes. But so do Smoke, Kabal, Sonya, Jax, Cyrax, Kenshi, Kitana, Kung Rao and maybe even Skarlet. Thats 10 fighters that are top 5 material.

There is no such thing as a definetive "top" anything IMO.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
WHO GIVES A FUCK IF HE IS

These threads are fucking retarded, this is some MKO bullshit

Im guessing we are gonna have a bunch of threads about hair next?

ZtrideRz

Noob
Ain't it about time lao droped from top 5 because I don't see him close to winning any majors.. even PL gets owned with him tom Brady is good that tier list is bullshit imo.

I would say top 5 are

Raiden
Jax
Cage
Kabal
Sector

Just my opinion.. kung Lao is good against zoners at top level that's it he is a counter char now. Bout time people admit that at top level he ain't that good.