What's new

Question - Summoner Is Quan Chi in reality a mid tier character?

Is Quan Chi in reality a mid tier character?

• Yes.

Votes: 25 8.3%
  • No.

Votes: 260 86.7%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 15 5.0%

• Total voters

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
You guys are trying hard to not get Quan Chi nerfed. lol
I think Quan should be nerfed. The autoblock removal on his projectiles is what leads to ridiculous, unbreakable damage and it's not necessary.

I've said this in other threads.

You guys are trying hard to not get Quan Chi nerfed. lol
When did i ever mention that im defending quan ? So showing you that you can block something means im trying to defend a character or prove a point , he said it was unblockable , i said it wasen't and proved it isn't.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
You literally accused him of showing you doctored footage. "For all I know that's the same footage looped 5 times."

Way to backpeddle.
How the hell is it backpedalling?

In my original post I literally asked for a video of him blocking without hitting the reset button so we can tell it's in a row, and I just quoted myself saying it.

He posts a video of him hitting the reset button each and every times so I say, how can I tell that is actually in a row at all, why don't you post a video of it without the resets?

The response between the two of you:

"STOP BACKPEDALLING, YOU ARE A MASSIVE SCRUB, WHAT YOU ASKED FOR WAS DONE, STOP MAKING OUTLANDISH ACCUSATIONS"

Sheesh guys relax a little lol. You guys are a parody of yourselfs at this point with the reputation you guys have for downplaying Quan.

You especially Rude, since you have absolutely no knowledge that I don't have here lol.

I love the revisionist history though. But it simply doesn't work when what was actually said when everything is in written form and was posted just one page ago aha

I GOT HANDS

I think Quan should be nerfed. The autoblock removal on his projectiles is what leads to ridiculous, unbreakable damage and it's not necessary.

I've said this in other threads.
You've also admitted that you think that this pseudo that we are currently discussing, is way overpowered and you think it should be removed as well.

Or are you back-flipping on that too?

In my original post I literally asked for a video of him blocking without hitting the reset button so we can tell it's in a row, and I just quoted myself saying it.

He posts a video of him hitting the reset button each and every times so I say, how can I tell that is actually in a row at all, why don't you post a video of it without the resets?

"STOP BACKPEDALLING, YOU ARE A MASSIVE SCRUB, WHAT YOU ASKED FOR WAS DONE, STOP MAKING OUTLANDISH ACCUSATIONS"

Sheesh guys relax a little lol.

You especially Rude, since you have absolutely no knowledge that I don't have lol.

I love the revisionist history though. But it simply doesn't work when what was actually said when everything is in written form and was posted just one page ago aha
I dont edit my videos , i literally just record them on ps4 and upload them. Im hitting the rest button because idk how to do it without hitting it otherwise id have to wait like 20 secs before he does it again so im not wasting time to do so , let me ask you a question though , have you even bothered trying to block it ? Or even try doing it in the first place ? Again i tried doing it again and doing moves in between so you could tell im not looping or editing.

Rude

Sheesh guys relax a little lol. You guys are a parody of yourselfs at this point with the reputation you guys have for downplaying Quan.

You especially Rude, since you have absolutely no knowledge that I don't have here lol.

So you're denying that an accusation was made?

Talk about revisionist history.

He even made a video to prove it wasn't looping. Hands however, proves that only his reality exists, on his terms, and no one else's.

Saying, "For all I know that's the same footaged looped" is an accusation.

Do you know what words mean?

I say Quan Chi is top 3, I'm a downplayer? Only in I Got Hands' logic bizarro world, maybe. Look in this very thread and you'll find me saying that.

But no, you read your own meaning into other people's three word statements, so long as it suits your agenda.

And no, he doesn't need the pseudo. That doesn't mean I think it's impossible to block.

I'll leave the backpeddling to you, sir.

I GOT HANDS

I dont edit my videos , i literally just record them on ps4 and upload them. Im hitting the rest button because idk how to do it without hitting it otherwise id have to wait like 20 secs before he does it again so im not wasting time to do so , let me ask you a question though , have you even bothered trying to block it ? Or even try doing it in the first place ?
I have indeed, is it that hard to believe that the average person can't hit tiny frame links like Daigo on a whim? If you can actually do this I'd have to say you are in the minority.

Also, if you are curious the way to do it is this, set the AI to do the combo, go all the way to the mix-up, then stop, move Quan Chi towards the enemy, leave a pause for yourself to get up, then stop the recording

It's not an "Accusation of doctoring" as that moron @Rude is trying to sensationalise, he's proved he'll jump on board with anything defending QC no matter what, hell he jumped on board with the Shujinkydink video lol. It's simply stating that the evidence presented can't be taken as fact, you are just some guy on the internet, it's no offense to you at allif Shujink will doctor evidence for this very same argument and Rude will still defend it, then I think it's only fair to point out that I did make the specification in what I asked for when I asked for it, so you can't really expect me to accept something that is completely different.

On top of all this, it's really beside the point, as practically everyone has pointed out multiple times.

I GOT HANDS

So you're denying that an accusation was made?

Talk about revisionist history.

He even made a video to prove it wasn't looping. Hands however, proves that only his reality exists, on his terms, and no one else's.

Saying, "For all I know that's the same footaged looped" is an accusation.

Do you know what words mean?

I say Quan Chi is top 3, I'm a downplayer? Only in I Got Hands' logic bizarro world, maybe. Look in this very thread and you'll find me saying that.

But no, you read your own meaning into other people's three word statements, so long as it suits your agenda.

And no, he doesn't need the pseudo. That doesn't mean I think it's impossible to block.

I'll leave the backpeddling to you, sir.
You will literally argue anything to defend Quan Chi. Yes, this is exactly how you look in QC threads.

How the hell is sticking to my original statement, "backpedalling"? Are you arguing that we didn't SPECIFICALLY STATE for it to be recorded without mid practice resets, which are quite simply the easiest way to fake it? It's not an accusation of anything, it's quite simply a declaration on unsubstantial evidence. E.G. a prosecutor brings in CCTV footage of a robbery that shows nothing but the back of the head of a guy wearing a hoody and a trenchcoat, chances are the judge will not accept it to prove guilt of the defendant, however thats not a freaking accusation that the DA is doctoring evidence lol, its simply stating that it cannot be relied on.

And you are downplaying because of your blatant bias in this thread, nothing else.

Also I'm not saying this is unblockable.

Your argument has zero legs. You are doing what you always do, blindfolding yourself to any possibility other than the one YOU want to be true, and twisting the shit out of EVERYTHING you can to try serve that purpose. I'm really not going to engage further because I'm sure you are just going to keep repeating the stuff I've already responded to and destroyed, I don't know why I give you the time in the first place.

You will literally argue anything to defend Quan Chi. Yes, this is exactly how you look in QC threads.

How the hell is sticking to my original statement, "backpedalling"? Are you arguing that we didn't SPECIFICALLY STATE for it to be recorded without mid practice resets, which are quite simply the easiest way to fake it? It's not an accusation of anything, it's quite simply a declaration on unsubstantial evidence. E.G. a prosecutor brings in CCTV footage of a robbery that shows nothing but the back of the head of a guy wearing a hoody and a trenchcoat, chances are the judge will not accept it to prove guilt of the defendant, however thats not a freaking accusation that the DA is doctoring evidence lol, its simply stating that it cannot be relied on.

And you are downplaying because of your blatant bias in this thread, nothing else.

Your argument has zero legs. You are doing what you always do, blindfolding yourself to any possibility other than the one YOU want to be true, and twisting the shit out of EVERYTHING you can to try serve that purpose. I'm really not going to engage further because I'm sure you are just going to keep repeating the stuff I've already responded to and destroyed, I don't know why I give you the time in the first place.
You literally said in an earlier post "he puts you in an unblockable vortex"

Rude

Your example isn't even remotely the same thing.

You know, this is all standard fare for you, Hands. Anytime a Quan Cho thread is made, you hop right on in and:

Attack people having conversations that have nothing to do with you. ( you've come at me three times without provocation in three different threads, one which was a Kano thread)

One time, I typed the word, "agree" to a poster named The Magician and Hands launched into a condescending assault attacking both my and his level of play, despite having never played either of us.

That's right. You can't type a single word without Hands frothing at the mouth and going after you with his anti-Quan Chi agenda, and yet he's so confused why people think he's a troll.

Personally, I think he's a dollar store Coolwhip wannabe, minus the logic, humor, and good sense.

Attack people explaining ways to deal with Quan by calling them downplayers

Call people who disagree with you idiots and respond with backwards bike riding gifs

Even now, as you twist facts and read into innocuous statements to suit your agenda, you call me a downplayer when I've said, in multiple threads:

The B2 pop up was too much.

The autoblock removal was too much.

The pseudo is too much

That Quan was at the very least a top 3 character.

Oh yes, the downplay is real. You talk about people's behavior in threads, then attack people who do the best they can with the ability they have to meet your extremely skewed demands for evidence.

He didn't meet your exact requirements, but he tried. He even PROVED his footage wasn't looping after you had the balls to accuse him otherwise.

And regardless of how you rationalize it in I Got Hands World of bizarro logic, it's still an accusation because the words you literally used word, "loop the same footage 5 times". That IS an accusation, you dope.

Your example isn't the same, because the judge isn't the saying the footage is invalid because of changes it may or may not have received, which is EXACTLY what you did.

Jesus.

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

You talk about people's behavior in threads, then attack people who do the best they can with the ability they have to meet your extremely skewed demands for evidence.
Holy shit you will twist the truth. I asked, before any video was posted, for a video of it looping. When he gave one that wasn't looping, I said it was impressive, but it wasn't what I asked for. I also politely explained how to do it since he said he was unsure.

Your twist on it "You attack people unwilling to meet your extremely skewed demands for evidence and do the best they can!"

You are officially the SJW of the QC community.

Holy shit you will twist the truth. I asked, before any video was posted, for a video of it looping. When he gave one that wasn't looping, I said it was impressive, but it wasn't what I asked for. I also politely explained how to do it since he said he was unsure.

Your twist on it "You attack people unwilling to meet your extremely skewed demands for evidence and do the best they can!"

Now since you've been trying to act like an smart ass here :
ill take that apology right now.

Last edited:

Rude

After having sufficiently shot through your points and exposing you for the troll you are, your best response is an insult GamerGate would use. Wow.

Ah, I knew there was a reason I had you on ignore. Welp, back to it!

I GOT HANDS

Now since you've been trying to act like an smart ass here , go crawl back to your hole. :
ill take that apology right now.
When did I ever act like a smart ass to you man? I said it was extremely impressive that you could do it, just that it wasn't what I was asking for, I appreciated the effort.

Now that you have done it the right way, I have to say, thats even more impressive! Very nice work.

What exactly is it that you want me to apologize for man?

When did I ever act like a smart ass to you man? I said it was extremely impressive that you could do it, just that it wasn't what I was asking for, I appreciated the effort.

Now that you have done it the right way, I have to say, thats even more impressive! Very nice work.

What exactly is it that you want me to apologize for man?
For having me to make 3 videos in a row , and saying that i looped it.

I GOT HANDS

For having me to make 3 videos in a row , and saying that i looped it.
You didn't have to make any videos at all. Me and SaltShaker did say make it this way so that we know its not looped however, and you made it a different way the other times. I didn't say you did loop it, I'm just you could have looped it which we specificed not to in the original post, so I couldn't really just blindly accept that video as proof one way or another - do you trust every random person on the internet?

I do apologize if you took it in any way personal, I actually really appreciate you doing more than anyone has since the genesis of this thread to prove a viewpoint, I really respect people who go about an issue your way.I genuinely didn't think it could be done 5/5 times until that video. Thanks for impressing me immesurably :)

You didn't have to make any videos at all. Me and SaltShaker did say make it this way so that we know its not looped however, and you made it a different way the other times. I didn't say you did loop it, I'm just you could have looped it which we specificed not to in the original post, so I couldn't really just blindly accept that video as proof one way or another - do you trust every random person on the internet?

I do apologize if you took it in any way personal, I actually really appreciate you doing more than anyone has since the genesis of this thread to prove a viewpoint, I really respect people who go about an issue your way.I genuinely didn't think it could be done 5/5 times until that video. Thanks for impressing me immesurably :)
It looked like an accusation though , saying that " as far as i know it looks loopable" is accusing someone. Anyways that apart i accept your apology and no problem.

Parasurama

Dragon
Again to prove that its not looping i did it while doing diffirent moves before i get hit i did hit the reset button tho cuz idk how to make him do it over and over without me fucking up the timing to do the set up it self ( since im not familiar with it) now to fully answer you question , yes its somewhat hard to block at first but you know its coming and you actually bothered to spend 10 or more mins your gonna block it simple as that , the only problem is the guessing. And yes it did take me atleast 10 mins to figure out the timing...
Hey. I will study this too but can you put also add on what you look for to block it, that you can guess the low first and then the overhead or what makes you guess overhead then low? Or what do you suggest is way out of such a vortex. Any tips would be appreciated.

Hey. I will study this too but can you put also add on what you look for to block it, that you can guess the low first and then the overhead or what makes you guess overhead then low? Or what do you suggest is way out of such a vortex. Any tips would be appreciated.
I think if he goes for the overhead it wont become a 1 frame window , its all about reads , now if he does ex rune and you reas that he is going to do a b2 after it you could armor , or if he does b32 into ex rune you could also armor in the first rune. I think thats the only way out.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'm sorry, but making videos of you blocking something 100% of the time in practice mode, which is controlled, and you don't have to worry about blocking anything else, kinda doesn't prove anything other than you are blocking that one mixup in a controlled environment.

Fact of the matter is, I see Yomi players still getting blown up by Summoner mixups at times. Despite having one of the best Quans in the US to play DAILY, like all day. Is the timing impossible? No. Does that mean the setups are going to be predictable? No.

I'm sorry, but making videos of you blocking something 100% of the time in practice mode, which is controlled, and you don't have to worry about blocking anything else, kinda doesn't prove anything other than you are blocking that one mixup in a controlled environment.

Fact of the matter is, I see Yomi players still getting blown up by Summoner mixups at times. Despite having one of the best Quans in the US to play DAILY, like all day. Is the timing impossible? No. Does that mean the setups are going to be predictable? No.
When did i ever say the setups are predictable ? He could go high or low no debate on that , but if you know he is going for that exact mixup over and over you can block it. He asked for proof that its blockable as salt said that its a 15% block rate and i said otherwise. Dosen't change anything if its a controller enviroment , if you know the mixup is coming you can block it also , come back to me when you see yomi players get hit by it 3 times in a row. If they did get hit by it they probably was expecting the overhead or just fucked up the timing.

I GOT HANDS

When did i ever say the setups are predictable ? He could go high or low no debate on that , but if you know he is going for that exact mixup over and over you can block it. He asked for proof that its blockable as salt said that its a 15% block rate and i said otherwise. Dosen't change anything if its a controller enviroment , if you know the mixup is coming you can block it also , come back to me when you see yomi players get hit by it 3 times in a row. If they did get hit by it they probably was expecting the overhead or just fucked up the timing.
But nailing the 1 frame block links isn't even half the equation. Of course, you need to do that, but you also need to read that this is the mix-up he goes for, then read whether its an OH>Low mix-up or Low>Oh (this part you mentioned), and react to the fact that it won't be a static timing, and if its timing is changed by even one or two frames (which it definitely will be, even unintentionally) it throws off your entire 1 frame link timing. That video just proves you can land 5 tiny frame links in a row, which was really impressive in itself, but has little to no bearing on how easy it is to block this mix-up.

Because at the end of day even if it was a static timing AND we remove the 50/50 from the equation AND we remove the possibility of Quan going for one of his other mix-ups, is it really balanced for QC to be the only character in the game who you need 1 frame links to block? This is literally the hardest thing in the game to block in multiple categories.

But nailing the 1 frame block links isn't even half the equation. Of course, you need to do that, but you also need to read that this is the mix-up he goes for, then read whether its an OH>Low mix-up or Low>Oh (this part you mentioned), and react to the fact that it won't be a static timing, and if its timing is changed by even one or two frames (which it definitely will be, even unintentionally) it throws off your entire 1 frame link timing. That video just proves you can land 5 tiny frame links in a row, which was really impressive in itself, but has little to no bearing on how easy it is to block this mix-up.

Because at the end of day even if it was a static timing AND we remove the 50/50 from the equation AND we remove the possibility of Quan going for one of his other mix-ups, is it really balanced for QC to be the only character in the game who you need 1 frame links to block? This is literally the hardest thing in the game to block in multiple categories.
I never said this was okay in any shape of form , in a matter of fact i think its stupid , especially when it comes to online.