Is MMH, in his current form, fair?

• Yes

Votes: 43 39.8%
  • No

Votes: 65 60.2%

• Total voters

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Kabal is unfair if you have zero fundamentals etc.. Kabal is the best for sure but saying hes unfair is rediculous. There's tons of "unfair" things in every fighting game with tons of characters. Kabal is def beatable
i understand hes beatable, i'm saying him having NO losing or even match ups is unfair. he won EVERY match up. thats un fair.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'm not going to pretend to know this MU on a deep level, there's not many Ravens to play. But I remember Jupiter saying this MU is a 5-5.
@AK Dream Sword @EMPEROR_JUPITER

Not buying the outzoning thing. Raven can punish MMH pillar and his telekinetic strike you can empty void all day. Martian takes a risk teleporting in.

Martian's normals aren't great outside of trait. Block for 5 secs.

Why's that? Raven gets about as much damage as Martian for 1 bar.

I agree, it's in his favor depending on the stage.

Seems like the people who's character get dookied on are always there to talk about how fair he is. Well is it fair that NW can't touch HawkGirl? Can I make a bunch of threads about that MU too? Or should I just move on and pick another character?
-Serious downplay on the zoning aspect. A GOOD MMH player isn't going to just throw out random mid screen pullers to get full combo punished. On a read i can soul crush teleport sometimes, into combos if distance is right, which gives me a tool a lot of the cast doesn't have, i'll give you that. MB void works well to, but sometimes it isn't that simple. Combined TS, orbs, MB orbs, pillars, and OH tele, you can barely zone in this MU consistently. Even in trait you have to be extra cautious throwing out her pillars because one mistake will end in him eating 40% of your bar. He can hold back for a lot of this MU and you basically have to capitalize off of his 1st mistake, but if he doesn't make one you're at disadvantage.

-True. But when he doesn't have trait it isn't like Raven can rush him down or out poke him with her weak normals. When he does have trait it's block or be hit.

-If MMH has the life lead he can literally sit back to wait for trait while spacing with orbs and the occasional TS/Pillar/MB Pillar, force Raven to get with range against it, activate trait and force her to either attack him with trait or lose more time and still be stuck far away. One knockdown and she's utterly helpless on WU against him. The comeback factor feels almost as bad as Raven/Bane MU. The majority of times I've won or seen this MU won it was from Raven getting early leads.

-Stage wise, this MU feels like two diff worlds. If I can get something like Alley or BatCave it feels more like a 4-6, but if lose stage select and end up on interactable heaven it feels like 3-7. For reference, I play a really good Zod at least every other day and the MU feels like 5-5 even on heavy interactable stages.

I'm also willing to concede i may be missing something if brought to my attention. I would love for Dream Sword or Blind to chime in on what they think of the MU and why. Or for Jupiter as well.

On another note, from just watching other players and following the game I can see Bane, DD, Flash, Lex being 5-5 for MMH. Other characters I'm not sure as time goes on.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
i understand hes beatable, i'm saying him having NO losing or even match ups is unfair. he won EVERY match up. thats un fair.
you literally have to take matchup numbers with a grain of salt seeing as they are giving numbers based on IF GOD PLAYED mk9 Kabal - he would so and so this person.

seeing as (that i know of) god does not play mk9 kabal. and seeing that every single kabal in history makes execution errors in every single game those numbers could be give or take. i think it's very possible for a few characters to be at a close to even matchup with him in reality of kabal players.

d3v

SRK
Based on the one true criteria in the FGC for whether a character is fair, that is to say, is he as good as ST Akuma was in ST, then yes he is quite fair.

Main: MMH.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
you literally have to take matchup numbers with a grain of salt seeing as they are giving numbers based on IF GOD PLAYED mk9 Kabal - he would so and so this person.

seeing as (that i know of) god does not play mk9 kabal. and seeing that every single kabal in history makes execution errors in every single game those numbers could be give or take. i think it's very possible for a few characters to be at a close to even matchup with him in reality of kabal players.
Not really. If Kabal didn't beat you with one of his two major talking points, he beat you with his other talking point. Matchup numbers you can take with a grain of salt, but he went into every matchup having either one or both of his best parts automatically put every character into a disadvantage matchup. You either got zoned out, rushed down, or both.

kabal was too good, but I think some people are just exaggerating. There were people who could consistently go even or beat kabal(reo) in tournament. People will say kabal is broken but if you ask them what the matchup is between their character and kabal, they will say 6-4 kabal. Is it really that bad to play a 6-4 matchup?

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
kabal was too good, but I think some people are just exaggerating. There were people who could consistently go even or beat kabal(reo) in tournament. People will say kabal is broken but if you ask them what the matchup is between their character and kabal, they will say 6-4 kabal. Is it really that bad to play a 6-4 matchup?
exactly lol

Hades

Noob
Ugh... What is with all these threads complaining about mmh? Yeah he's the best character and has some ridiculous characteristics we all know that, but everyone is sick of these nerf the top tier and omg mmh is so broke threads.

Anyway i voted yes. I main superman and green lantern

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm fine with this thread if only because we can always refer back to it when the more delusional members of this community make asinine statements like: "WHY IS THIS COMMUNITY SO HYPOCRITICAL!!! YOU GET X OVERLY NERFED, BUT HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH STUPID MARTIAN MANHUNTER!!!"
I'm still mad because Green Arrow got steadly nerfed every pach, and we felt that some of those nerfs weren't needed, now he barely exists in the game as we predicted.

E

Eldriken

How an you vote no? Doomsday-MMH is like a koin flip!
I voted "No" before he edited it. If it was based on what it was changed to, I would vote "Yes" strictly off of the MU.

However, I clarified that I think the Doomsday vs MMH MU is fair, just that MMH overall isn't fair.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I voted "No" before he edited it. If it was based on what it was changed to, I would vote "Yes" strictly off of the MU.

However, I clarified that I think the Doomsday vs MMH MU is fair, just that MMH overall isn't fair.
Doomsday isn't fair either so I guess two wrongs make a Wright?

Glass Sword

Nobody
I'm not going to pretend to know this MU on a deep level, there's not many Ravens to play. But I remember Jupiter saying this MU is a 5-5.
@AK Dream Sword @EMPEROR_JUPITER

Not buying the outzoning thing. Raven can punish MMH pillar and his telekinetic strike you can empty void all day. Martian takes a risk teleporting in.

Martian's normals aren't great outside of trait. Block for 5 secs.

Why's that? Raven gets about as much damage as Martian for 1 bar.

I agree, it's in his favor depending on the stage.

Seems like the people who's character get dookied on are always there to talk about how fair he is. Well is it fair that NW can't touch HawkGirl? Can I make a bunch of threads about that MU too? Or should I just move on and pick another character?
What tilts it in Martian's favor is the fact that Martian gets to do whatever he pleases after he gets a knockdown. Also orbs make playing neutral very hard for Raven since she can't do soulcrush while under one.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Ok I'm going to bend the rules just a bit. So forgive me, but I intend to speak my mind. I voted yes. I'll list my characters first and then explain why I voted yes.

Mains: Zatanna and Nightwing
Vs Martian: Mostly Nightwing, but sometimes I will play Zatanna just to prove a point (a supposed 6-4)

Why I voted yes:

The character isn't BROKEN. A broken character is defined as a character who breaks the meta of the game by performing abilities that totally defeat the entirety of the cast. Kabal is broken, why you may ask? Do I even have to say? He has an ANSWER TO EEEEVVVERRRYTHING and defeats EVERYONE with NO even match ups. That is broken and EVEN STILL, he could be beaten. I believe the general consensus will define "fair" as "an equal ability for each character to have a chance at winning", if this is the case.. no character in any game is fair. Mostly EVERY character in EVERY game has good match ups and bad match ups. Some characters more than others, but thats just how video games are, especially fighting games.

Everyone wants Injustice to be this godsend of balance and fairness, where every character is viable in their own right and there isn't a dominant character ruling EVERYTHING. If this was the case, we have that game. EVERY character is viable in their own sense, it just happens we have a character who is better than most. This is a staple in fighting games. There are low tier characters people can play so they can try their asses off to be "different", you have a majority of mid tier characters that are all decent at doing their job and are mostly the bulk of every fighting game. And then you have the top tier characters who normally dominate a game and set a standard for other characters to defeat. If we dont have this, if we don't have "tiers" we dont have balance. If every character is just fucking amazing.. where is the balance? Its a hard concept to grasp, but hopefully someone will understand.

Anyway, thats why I voted yes, because if there isn't one character everyone has to fight to defeat, we don't have balance, simple as that.
I like how you talked about the "staples of fighting games" and completely misused the term 'broken' for your Kabal argument. LOL.

And considering your join date, it looks like you're very much going by hear-say.

Last edited:

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
Name a character that one can pick that doesn't get "dookied" by him. Perhaps these threads are a cry for help. Perhaps the greater population understands that MMH is broken yet develop passive-aggressive threads because they don't want to be labeled a scrub and crucified of their beliefs. Only a few are bold enough to stand up against him. They are considered radicals and scourges on the overall community. They get threads dedicated to them on how lame and scrubby they are. Meanwhile they are only trying to illustrate we do have another Kabal amongst us; his name is Martian Manhunter.
If you think for a minute that MMH even TOUCHES Kabal, you are insane. Nightwing and Lex don't get dookied by Martian. Neither does Flash. MAN UP SCRUB.