Is MMH, in his current form, fair?

• Yes

Votes: 43 39.8%
  • No

Votes: 65 60.2%

• Total voters

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
There are people out there who have an agenda to find and exploit broken characters and say that it's fair because it's in the game. When will people learn that winning with a broken character does not make it fair game.

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
I like how you talked about the "staples of fighting games" and completely misused the term 'broken' for your Kabal argument. LOL.

And considering your join date, it looks like you're very much going by hear-say.
I've been playing MK and Injustice since launch, but very recently joined TYM.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
This may be surprising, but as a Joker main, I will say yes.

My reasoning according to the rules in the OP:

-His normals suck without trait, but are godlike with it. Sounds like a decent trade off, even if the trait timer is a bit short.

-Teleports are really good, but punishable in a variety of ways. That said, it's hard to pull off in a real match against a high level player. That said, hard and impossible are not the same thing. It might be a bit strong, but there is still a decent risk/reward, especially for my character, considering I get 40% and put him in a really bad position if I punish it.

-Zoning is very strong, but it does not stop you from moving. There are holes; small ones but they are there.

-Orbs are the only thing I might consider a problem.
White orbs are punishable off of most strings and while good, they hit mid, preventing MMH from getting stupid unblockable setups that Joker and Lex can get. They are + a billion, like teeth, and can start combos.
MB orbs are a tool unlike any other in the game though. They are essentially proximity mines that come out ridiculously fast, put you in as much blockstun as teeth (Enough to do a 50/50 or set things up) and last long enough to give great screen control. Red orbs are the single best trap move in the game, which is weird since MMH isn't specifically a trap character.
That said red orbs cost a bar, so there's that.
Also unlike Lex and Joker, his moveset doesn't really seem like it was designed to complement the orbs. They don't hurt, but they don't seem to work with his normals nearly as well as Joker's moveset compliments teeth. In fact it kind of feels like phase assault was the only move that was made for orb setups.

-His wakeups are decent. He has invincible wakeups, which more than characters like Raven and Zod can say, but he can still be bullied on knockdown.

-*Most* of his moves are single hits, meaning armor can hurt him quite a bit. That said, having a multi-hitting B3 is dumb.

-Joker's gun is fast enough to hit in between zoning, and can be dash canceled to punish a teleport (But you better guess right on this. I used to think it was dashable on reaction, but that's only if the MMH is being predictable).
-More importantly than that, Joker can bully MMH on knockdown. He can punish orb cancels (Unless it's red orb) while moving himself out of the explosion range. When trait is down Joker out-footsies him. When trait is up though, that's a different story.
-I can punish the (Admittedly few) gaps in his strings.

-He has to respect teeth and all of my frametraps like anyone else.
-Corner = death.
-My mids and overheads don't whiff on him, meaning all of my pressure and traps can be used against him.
-While I have to be a bit more careful about it, I can still molest him on knockdown.
-I can combo into interactibles just as well as he can (Stage dependent).

I am constantly told that unless I play Jupiter, I can't talk*. Since I haven't, I guess I just don't know.

That said I do play against several MMH players offline, ranging from decent to good, and as such I have a good idea of his tools and what he can do, even if they are not Jupiter calibur players. I do know what my options against him are, and I know what he can do to me from different places on the screen.
If I were allowed to base an opinion based on playing multiple MMH players regularly offline, watching tournament footage and hitting the lab, I would think the MU is 6-4 for Martian at worst.

*Which BTW, it speaks volumes if you HAVE to play Jupiter to understand why MMH is broken. I didn't NEED to play M2K to know why Metaknight was broken in Smash... Nobody needed to play Flocker to know why Dark Pheonix was broken in Marvel, or play any of the top Marvel players to know why Vergil was stupid. These characters were so dumb that even if a player didn't have the best reads, the best reactions, the best spacing, etc., they could still make the character look broken as long as they weren't complete trash at the game.

I have seen we have trouble admitting when we're being outplayed in this community, but maybe Jupiter really is that good?

I also want to throw out that I played other fighting games before this one. MMH is nowhere near Dark Pheonix levels of stupid, who herself was nowhere near as dumb as Vergil. Neither of these characters were even in the same realm of stupid as Metaknight (And I was fighting that character with Mario and Kirby!). Thankfully I never had to personally deal with Viola's stupid shit in SCV, but she seemed considerably worse than MMH too.

Every game will have a top character. This game's is MMH. All things considered, for a #1 character in a fighting game, he's not that bad.

Now to see how long it takes for people to blow me up for this...
Viola made me drop SCV, she was ridiculous in the right hands.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I've been playing MK and Injustice since launch, but very recently joined TYM.
I don't discount that those who joined TYM from 2013 onwards may have been keeping tabs during the MK9 era, but the damage control/goalpost moving from the Injustice new blood is getting rather silly now. I guess they'll learn the hard way post-MK10 release.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
No

Main: Flash
Vs: Flash/NW/DD

I'm pretty terribad at the game though, so if someone could explain why Flash goes even with him, I would love to learn why. Thank you :)

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
If you think for a minute that MMH even TOUCHES Kabal, you are insane. Nightwing and Lex don't get dookied by Martian. Neither does Flash. MAN UP SCRUB.
If you think injustice is a balanced game then you are insane. MK9 and Injustice and every fighting game is broken and has broken characters. Having Zero losing matchups is being "Kabal" of the game. whether you want to admit it or not, but it doesnt even matter because hes not unbeatable just like kabal isnt unbeatable. You still can't deny that he's the dominant character in the game aka KAWBAWLL. so you need to "MAN UP SCRUB" and stop being a hypocrit

Not really. If Kabal didn't beat you with one of his two major talking points, he beat you with his other talking point. Matchup numbers you can take with a grain of salt, but he went into every matchup having either one or both of his best parts automatically put every character into a disadvantage matchup. You either got zoned out, rushed down, or both.
From what you say I'm surprised Sektor and Reptile didnd't do better vs Kabal as they did during the games prime.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Ugh. We get it, the character is the best. But making a shit ton of threads isn't going to change anything so deal with it.
TYM, the next time a thread like this is made, can we please just ignore it.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I don't discount that those who joined TYM from 2013 onwards may have been keeping tabs during the MK9 era, but the damage control/goalpost moving from the Injustice new blood is getting rather silly now. I guess they'll learn the hard way post-MK10 release.

So how can u say I'm just crying wolf? Get the fuck outta here. I swear u old mk9 heads act like gods, pull your head out your ass. Kabal was UNFAIR AND BROKEN. MMH IS FAIR BUT VERY STRONG. There's a difference and if you cant see that I question your knowledge in video games completely.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
So how can u say I'm just crying wolf? Get the fuck outta here. I swear u old mk9 heads act like gods, pull your head out your ass. Kabal was UNFAIR AND BROKEN. MMH IS FAIR BUT VERY STRONG. There's a difference and if you cant see that I question your knowledge in video games completely.
I'm sorry i respect everyones opinion, but it sounds like you didnt play mk9 very much or at all. Or are just not able to understand the game nor kabal. saying that hes broken .. fuck yes he is! saying that its unfair i don't agree with at all. theres tons of bs shit. it's "cyrax" kills u in 1 combo as a bnb. but in reality i still dont say hes broken and unfair. it's bs sure lmao, but theres alot of bs in the game and everyone can be beaten within pretty good reason ex ; 6-4's . Kabal doesn't just SHIT on every single person in the game. not even close sir, go play the game and maybe you'll understand it. If you've only played injustice i can see why you don't get it, being there's almost slim to no footsies , serious poking for adv, anti airs (barely) and rediculous crossup shennanigans lmao. you would have to venture off into other games to discover some sort of fundamental.

dark55

Noob
MMH is a pretty dumb character who has like all the tools u need to be the best in the game. But he is definitely manageable. I hope everyone has pocket doomsday's available bc that is the easiest way to bypass his gay shit. Until you actually learn the matchup.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
From what you say I'm surprised Sektor and Reptile didnd't do better vs Kabal as they did during the games prime.
Reptile didn't because he was slow up close anyway, and put a huge chunk of risk into dealing with Kabal's pressure anyway. He couldn't just d1 or d3 because they were so slow.

Sektor's strong points were null simply due to IAGB and NDC.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'm sorry i respect everyones opinion, but it sounds like you didnt play mk9 very much or at all. Or are just not able to understand the game nor kabal. saying that hes broken .. fuck yes he is! saying that its unfair i don't agree with at all. theres tons of bs shit. it's "cyrax" kills u in 1 combo as a bnb. but in reality i still dont say hes broken and unfair. it's bs sure lmao, but theres alot of bs in the game and everyone can be beaten within pretty good reason ex ; 6-4's . Kabal doesn't just SHIT on every single person in the game. not even close sir, go play the game and maybe you'll understand it. If you've only played injustice i can see why you don't get it, being there's almost slim to no footsies , serious poking for adv, anti airs (barely) and rediculous crossup shennanigans lmao. you would have to venture off into other games to discover some sort of fundamental.
I hate when people try to talk down Injustice players in fundamentals, and then go about listing "crossup shenanigans" as a talking point against the game.

That's a sign some of you need to play more of other fighters in general, because if "crossup shenanigans" is a problem in a 2D fighting game, then you must either play only 3D fighters or Mortal Kombat.