What's new

Is Kombat Pack 2 imminent at Gamescom 2015!? - NRS announcement history and hint analysis.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
SO I actually went through all 9 pages and for the most part I saw Noob/Smoke highly requested. Lol why all of a sudden people want this Deception Duo subboss?

I think I said this in another thread, but my list of preferred dlc characters would be Sareena, Havik, Reiko, and my boy Fujin. One can dream since it'll probably be the story NPCS that will be DLC.

Noob
Please give me a source for this. I'm up for a second round of kicking Superman's teeth in (even if it doesn't make sense because of how bullshit he is).
There are a couple, I wont look thru every twitte from Boon, but a couple weeks back He said something about NRS launchin a game near March 2016, thats the same month as Batman Vs Superman, before that it was also spoken somewhere from someone at NRS that when they where working on launchin the DLC for injustice 1 that very preliminary stages of injustice 2 where been worked at... and it would make sense for the game to come out around March 2016 maybe a little later, to promote the couple movies and DC related stuff WB is launching

Afumba

Noob
Both are henchman of the current Kahn (till Baraka dies lol), both don't have much going story wise besides their race, both are nonhuman, both are iconic characters that have been in nearly every game since MK2, both got whooped by Johnny Cage :DOGE
Reptile isnt much of a thing in the main story, true, although he does more than Baraka. Reptile also has a more comprehensible and appealing backstory/motivation going for him. Only thing Baraka has going for him is the "wow blade arms... like wolverine" effect. Which wears off when you realize that he is cheap mans Wolverine at best... They could have made Baraka interesting but they either didnt know how or didnt care.
Easily one of the most useless and expandable bad guys from MK1-3.

So yea... I dont have anything against Baraka but comparing him with "henchman" like Reptile or Ermac or Noob is just ridiculous as they have all way more going for them in every possible way. The only one Baraka can challenge is Sheeva... but thats about it.

Ofc at the end this is all a preferential thing...

Oh... and i would pick Sindel over Baraka as well for MKX... not just cuz i prefer her over him... but also cuz i can see NRS doing 3 varaitions of her. I cant see them doing it for Baraka.

There are a couple, I wont look thru every twitte from Boon, but a couple weeks back He said something about NRS launchin a game near March 2016, thats the same month as Batman Vs Superman, before that it was also spoken somewhere from someone at NRS that when they where working on launchin the DLC for injustice 1 that very preliminary stages of injustice 2 where been worked at... and it would make sense for the game to come out around March 2016 maybe a little later, to promote the couple movies and DC related stuff WB is launching
This makes me soooo happy. I can only hope that when Injustice 2 is made, if Joker is a playable character (which I'm sure he will be), that they won't include his Suicide Squad costume as an alt skin or DLC. And if they go with a lot of DLC, maybe this time around they could do a few more characters and less costumes?

Noob
This makes me soooo happy. I can only hope that when Injustice 2 is made, if Joker is a playable character (which I'm sure he will be), that they won't include his Suicide Squad costume as an alt skin or DLC. And if they go with a lot of DLC, maybe this time around they could do a few more characters and less costumes?
If they make a few correct choices in the cast i think Injustice will be a HUGE success honestly, so im pretty happy 2 lol... WB has so much stuff to promote in this coming year, Injustice is a given... Batman vs Superman, Suicide Squad, Arrow, Flash, Supergirl...

Afumba

Noob
Hope you are wrong :) hoped for a 2 years gap between MK and Inj :-/ Not happy.

If they make a few correct choices in the cast i think Injustice will be a HUGE success honestly, so im pretty happy 2 lol... WB has so much stuff to promote in this coming year, Injustice is a given... Batman vs Superman, Suicide Squad, Arrow, Flash, Supergirl...
It could definitely work in the right hands and with how good of a game Injustice was (aside from story, but I won't hold that against them), I trust that NRS can make Injustice 2 just as good if not better. And DC could probably use the promotion. Maybe it's just because I'm a little shit that's overly critical of comic book related materials, but the DC cinematic and television universe just looks like a huge mess and most of it is a boring mess at that.

Noob
Hope you are wrong :) hoped for a 2 years gap between MK and Inj :-/ Not happy.
lol Afumba you sneaky Ermac you... Why 2 year?

It could definitely work in the right hands and with how good of a game Injustice was (aside from story, but I won't hold that against them), I trust that NRS can make Injustice 2 just as good if not better. And DC could probably use the promotion. Maybe it's just because I'm a little shit that's overly critical of comic book related materials, but the DC cinematic and television universe just looks like a huge mess and most of it is a boring mess at that.
Dc cinematic only Animations, i forsee this rushed attempt at catchin up with Marvel to fail miserably... as for the DC universe TV i think its pretty good, Arrow and Flash for me are proven sucess´s regardless if some ppl disagree. Supergirl we cant be sure yet, but since its target viewer is teenage to adult woman, i dunno how well its going to be, so far i cant say im in love with it =S but well see..

Dc cinematic only Animations, i forsee this rushed attempt at catchin up with Marvel to fail miserably... as for the DC universe TV i think its pretty good, Arrow and Flash for me are proven sucess´s regardless if some ppl disagree. Supergirl we cant be sure yet, but since its target viewer is teenage to adult woman, i dunno how well its going to be, so far i cant say im in love with it =S but well see..
Oh yeah. DC Cinematic Universe is going to crash and burn, but, even though I'm not a fan of their TV Universe, it seems to have potential and I think can do well on its own. I haven't really kept up with the whole Supergirl thing because I'm not really a fan of anyone in the Super-family, but I really think their strongest game is in their animated movies. I've really been meaning to get around to checking out their new one Justice League: Gods and Monsters, I believe it was called?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
EVENTHUBS?! LMAO DUDE PLS
Did I actually just read that bo rai cho and havik are more popular than smoke and noob?
I dunno I've seen an abnormally large amount of support for Bo Rai Cho even though I don't personally want him and I know Havik has more support considering he was awesome in Deception and has had a bunch of exposure from the comics so...possibly, yeah.
Dude, honestly you need to stop coming in DLC related threads crushing ppls hopes with with information that is neither fact nor relevant... First His Codename is Smoke, its not Enenra. Enenra is What the demon is, not called, teh same thing you dont go around calling ppl human this and human that... If you reference the line in the story from MKX where he says "Smoke is no more only Enenra", i can only tell you he means to say that Thomas Vrabada is no more, the Enenra is in control of the Body now, But regardless of who possess the Body of Thomas that character is designed as Smoke and will Always be Smoke because thats the codename the Lin Kuei gave him, and thats how the MK universe refers him as... How stupid would it be for now on to change the characters Codename "Smoke" that is so well recognisable to Everyone to Enenra, But i guess for now on ill call Kitana Sindel Jade etc.. Edenian girl 1 2 and 3...
LO neither fact nor relevant. Just because you disagree doesn't make it not fact. Smoke even refers to himself as Enenra so just stop. He's a revenant just like Sub Zero so stop making stuff up, you've done this before too lol. And seriously? That's not even the same, Kitana, Sindel and Jade always refer to themselves as Kitana, Sindel and Jade. Just stop man...
Nothing against her and all but why is there so much want for Sareena? Like what trait got people hooked on her?
She's just a pretty cool female character. Most of the want is because there's most likely going to be a female in it and Sareena's only been playable in one other game so far.

Afumba

Noob
lol Afumba you sneaky Ermac you... Why 2 year?
Cuz if they release Inj2 next year March/April.... this means they will start promoting it in like Oct-Dec?
I dont see NRS giving much more attention to MKX from that point on (and thats just me being polite... honestly i dont see them giving a damn from that point on). Well and i hoped they´d stay with MKX for at least 1,5 years... so i hoped for a 2 year gap.

Silly me... i know...

Last edited: