What's new

Is Kombat Pack 2 imminent at Gamescom 2015!? - NRS announcement history and hint analysis.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
lol no chance in hell of that happening
I think that most would be disappointed, but...

It promotes the next Warner Bros. movie.

Rain already is in there.

Fujin was a part of the story.

Like I said, many will be disappointed - but it makes the most sense.

Also could see Fujin getting bumped for a female character.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I'm surprised people want Rain. Probably my least favorite of the ninjas honestly.
It is really weird, he is always called for, then no one plays him.

Meanwhile, they need to revise his model. He looks ridiculous in his special man-cape and masquerade ball mask.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
It is really weird, he is always called for, then no one plays him.

Meanwhile, they need to revise his model. He looks ridiculous in his special man-cape and masquerade ball mask.
If you remember him in the story mode, he has a really dynamic move set. I could see him immediately being top tier.

- And how exactly would you implement duo variation (aka the original MKD version) in this game ? There is no cs button. - Some of their duo specials just swapped them into combat, so what's the point of solo variations ?
- Noob-Smoke won't come back, not to mention Smoke is still not a cyborg.
- For one, a "D,D,1" command input can easily be used to change characters.
- Solo variations would be to emphasize on one character's abilities and moveset, over balancing two likely distinct movesets in one selectable variation. Think of how Noob Saibot and Smoke have more moves as solo fighters in MK: Armageddon.
- We can still dream.

I don't understand the Noob hype when back in MK9 only like a guy or two mained him.
Of course everyone plays Tempest Kung Lao, because they like him :DOGE
Noob Saibot is very cool. During the early days of MK9, it seemed that everyone played him.

As it turned out, he is low on the tier spectrum and is a perfectionist's character, so they all dropped him for easy mode characters because most people would rather not work hard for wins.

I am biased against uncool characters. I'll take cool over uncool any day.
Everyone should have the same bias.
Relevant image:

It's all personal preference.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
They don't need to revise anything about him. His design is perfect and suits him plus he sticks out less than Erron Black in the MK universe so I disagree any bit of his design is "ridiculous". If anyone needs a redesign, it's Johnny "average man" Cage. What a bland and lackluster outfit! That vest that looks like it was bought on sale at KMart! Those tacky pants! Blehhhhhhh.

Noob
They don't need to revise anything about him. His design is perfect and suits him plus he sticks out less than Erron Black in the MK universe so I disagree any bit of his design is "ridiculous". If anyone needs a redesign, it's Johnny "average man" Cage. What a bland and lackluster outfit! That vest that looks like it was bought on sale at KMart! Those tacky pants! Blehhhhhhh.
Well that can be said to the fact that this MK is the "family feud" edition... Cage and Sonya never looked so bland in their lifes and cassie takes up after them with just as bland look as they have now... Jax is another, they "NRS" think they tried really hard to give him skins that look diferent but honestly they all look pretty much the same, missed opportunity with Dillions skin having metal arms... Jackie, she might be the worse of the bunch, almost everything about her screams unoriginal... now you can argue "you" like this characters and thats fine opinions are personal, but no one can deny that this characters dont seem to fit the very original MK universe with its diversity of styles and inspirations... Erron Black/Kung Jin/D Vorah/Kotal and FerraTor all bring something new Lookwise to the table and honestly should remain as Canon as possible since they can be so original... As for Kabal i think he has a great design, it fits him very well...

SilverHaze

You will obey.
Don't understand the Rain and Sindel wants

Like 5 people used sindel in MK9 and she was dead last in usage,only Sheeva was used less

Rain was also barely used compared to Kenshi.

Lo0py

Noob
Don't understand the Rain and Sindel wants

Like 5 people used sindel in MK9 and she was dead last in usage,only Sheeva was used less

Rain was also barely used compared to Kenshi.
That's because Sindel weren't exactly the best kharacter in that game, she was low tier as hell and with the MKX variation system it would be interesting i think, personally i want her too, she's the screaming milf yo!

Noob
That's because Sindel weren't exactly the best kharacter in that game, she was low tier as hell and with the MKX variation system it would be interesting i think, personally i want her too, she's the screaming milf yo!
Sindel is cool, i personally would not play her, im just not into the ol Black canary medusa thing she got going on... And ill be honest while i could live without her as playable i think she is a great story driver characterr... She is important powerfull, and usually the Lt. Villain for all that is Edinian, and i gotta say thats cool to see in cutscenes and stuff like that, but yeah if she only appears as story cameos im very ok with that role for her... I think she is very similar to Motaro in a way... most ppl dont really like him and would probably not play him if he was available, but i always felt he was a grea Lt. for Shao Khan... Plz note im refering to the UMK3 Motaro not the silly ones that came after...

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
Rain
Bo rai cho
Fujin
Frost
Smoke
Night wolf
Sindel
Cyrax
Baraka
Kabal
Noob
Reiko
Sarrena
Havik
Jade(her mk9 ending form?)

This will complete the bottom row of the select screen.
Heh I could totally see this be the case in 2 years from now. I want UMKX, I couldn't care less about MKXI that's probably coming out in 5+ years.
I'd think someone else instead of Jade, though.. maybe Jarek? Also that "Forrest Fox" comic character, are his chances completely zero?

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
Rain
Bo rai cho
Fujin
Frost
Smoke
Night wolf
Sindel
Cyrax
Baraka
Kabal
Noob
Reiko
Sarrena
Havik
Jade(her mk9 ending form?)

This will complete the bottom row of the select screen.
I want to give this more likes. Unfortunately, fruity loops is right; this is impossible, and improbable. I'm pretty sure NRS can't pull out 56 variations out of thin air.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Heh I could totally see this be the case in 2 years from now. I want UMKX, I couldn't care less about MKXI that's probably coming out in 5+ years.
I'd think someone else instead of Jade, though.. maybe Jarek? Also that "Forrest Fox" comic character, are his chances completely zero?
Jade was cool but they can do a lot with the character that she became in her mk9 ending