What's new

Is Kombat Pack 2 imminent at Gamescom 2015!? - NRS announcement history and hint analysis.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
If limited to four characters:
What I want:
Bo' Rai Cho
Cyrax
Havik
Fujin
What's probably going to happen:
Fujin
Sareena
Rain
Noob or Smoke

I want there to be more female characters, but the cho and Havik can't go.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I want something like this to happen at Gamescom:

At Gamescom, NRS announced the Kombat Pack 2 and reveals the first DLC character. They say the character is a fan favorite klassic and cut to a screen. It shows Raiden in his Deadly Alliance alt costume facing off against Fujin! The dialogue starts with Raiden: "What have you done with Fujin!?". Then suddenly, Fujin transforms into a rejuvenated Shang Tsung! "His soul is MINE now". "You will pay for this, Sorcerer!" Raiden says as the Shang Tsung gameplay video kicks off. :D

Want!

no

NEED.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
I want to give this more likes. Unfortunately, fruity loops is right; this is impossible, and improbable. I'm pretty sure NRS can't pull out 56 variations out of thin air.
It won't be out of thin air, keep in mind MKX has been 2015's best selling game (and it will stay that way), that's pretty insane, I think this alone means the Kombat Packs won't be limited to just 2 (and I hate to say it but the release of SFV is probably going to increase MK's need to stay "relevant" as well)

Jade was cool but they can do a lot with the character that she became in her mk9 ending
Alright, I watched it and I'll admit there's potential for her to return, I still wouldn't get my hopes up for since 1) Kitana already has a variation dedicated to Jade, but most importantly, 2) they're sisters in the story, and if she'd return, it would probably hold some significance in the storyline.. So maybe in some story-expansion (I doubt this) or MKXI?

Last edited:

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
It won't be out of thin air, keep in mind MKX has been 2015's best selling game (and it will stay that way), that's pretty insane, I think this alone means the Kombat Packs won't be limited to just 2 (and I hate to say it but the release of SFV is probably going to increase MK's need to stay "relevant" as well)

Alright, I watched it and I'll admit there's potential for her to return, I still wouldn't get my hopes up for since 1) Kitana already has a variation dedicated to Jade, but most importantly, 2) they're sisters in the story, and if she'd return, it would probably hold some significance in the storyline.. So maybe in some story-expansion (I doubt this) or MKXI?
Yes kitana has her kit from mk9 this is true. But she became a new entity in her ending in mk9 thus a new move set.

Last edited:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
And how exactly would you implement duo variation (aka the original MKD version) in this game ? There is no cs button. Some of their duo specials just swapped them into combat, so what's the point of solo variations ? Noob-Smoke won't come back, not to mention Smoke is still not a cyborg.
Smoke doesn't have to be a cyborg to be Noob/Smoke:

This versions of smoke looks a lot like an "enenra" type smoke. Minus the weird ass helmet lol

But,

Have you not seen ferra/torr? They have a variation where ferra doesn't do anything. They couldn't do that with Noob/Smoke?

Smoke Only Variation
Noob Only Variation
Duo Variation

Plus they would be getting two characters in that are highly requested with only one character slot being used. So, why not?

Spunio

Worst Reptile in Spring Hill
Man, I don't want to step on anyone else's toes, all I want is my boy Kabal. If it could be 4 whoever the hell else and add on Kabal with them, I'd be the happiest of campers. He doesn't even need to be as crazy as he was in MK9, I just want him in the game since hes my boy.

And if he does get added and he IS as crazy as he was in MK9, I'm ready for my fingers to bleed.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Smoke doesn't have to be a cyborg to be Noob/Smoke:

This versions of smoke looks a lot like an "enenra" type smoke. Minus the weird ass helmet lol

But,

Have you not seen ferra/torr? They have a variation where ferra doesn't do anything. They couldn't do that with Noob/Smoke?

Smoke Only Variation
Noob Only Variation
Duo Variation

Plus they would be getting two characters in that are highly requested with only one character slot being used. So, why not?
I can dig it

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Nope. The MOST important is Jade was deconfirmed by NRS to appear in MKX. The only character I believe that has been officially deconfirmed. So much hate :(

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
If limited to four characters:
What I want:
Bo' Rai Cho
Cyrax
Havik
Fujin
What's probably going to happen:
Fujin
Sareena
Rain
Noob or Smoke

I want there to be more female characters, but the cho and Havik can't go.
I'd like that... I mean, don't care about sareena at all, but the others are fine so I can work with that too. Shang tsung and skarlet would fit better than sareena tho.

Last edited: