What's new

Is Kombat League fun, if so how would you rate the FUN FACTOR on a scale from 1-10?

Is Kombat League fun to anyone, if so how would you rate the FUN FACTOR on a scale from 1-10?

Votes: 23 17.6%

Votes: 7 5.3%

Votes: 7 5.3%

Votes: 12 9.2%

Votes: 9 6.9%

Votes: 14 10.7%

Votes: 3 2.3%

Votes: 11 8.4%

Votes: 4 3.1%

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Undecided because some days are good, other days suck balls

Votes: 13 9.9%
  • Fun and Kombat League do not belong in the same sentence!!

• Total voters
I barely even play it, to be honest. I've done maybe like 10 matches in them in total. I'm more of an offline player.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I barely even play it, to be honest. I've done maybe like 10 matches in them in total. I'm more of an offline player.
I take it you dont care for the skins then. Hey thats good on you, if you can do that man. I still hate nrs or the guys who came up with the idea for nrs to do that. Major weaksauce imo

sars

Noob
I honestly don't mind it at all, Its a ranked mode and I think its fun. I don't even play it for the skins since I only play one character. I just like that there is a ranked mode that you can see improvement in. I really don't get the hate for it at all but to each there own.

There are lag switchers everywhere in this game and they get away with it. Also the pullers, they'll pull the plug at the last minute and you wont get any point credit for winning. This is a huge problem and it happens often.
I own the game on PS4 and PC as well. PS4 players are more toxic but maaan, if it comes to cheaters, Steam is the worst place to play. For starters, Forfeit glitch was patched two weeks later. I stopped playing after a while because it was pointless. Then there are the notorious slow-mo players. Character Select screen, there's no sign of what's coming. Intros played just fine, then game goes into slow-mo. I played through a set once, mofo was losing even like that way so he pulled at the end, no win, no points.

What's even worse is these pullers. 'Game session is no longer available', I swear to God this text burned into my brain on PC. But in extreme cases it's not only no win, no points but it is even registered as a loss! It was just the other day, a +20/-36 match came up, we picked characters, we're on loading screen, POOF, 'Game session is no longer available'. Back to the menu, it's -36 points for me. What the actual f*ck? Punk ass t-bagger bitches who t-bag+fatal you after Game 1 then quit in Game 3 when losing are a welcome change after pluggers like these. How do they do this anyway? Every time the game crashed to desktop on PC, it was a loss for me. I guess it looked like I pulled. How come they can get away with pulling or even win like this? How is it a loss for me?

ZBirdV8

Flocker
The daily inbox messages from people explaining to me how they want to hunt me down, rape my wife, and then kill me in front her kinda pushed me away. No gear is worth that. Also need a wi-fi filter, but really it's the rape thing done me in.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Pros
  • You fight different people, with different characters with different play styles. Sure some characters are seen more than others but that doesnt bother me as much as it does for others.
    • Because of this variety, you gain ta lot of experience by playing KL
  • The fact that you only have 2 games means that you are forced to try to adapt quickly
  • The gear and skins are cool
Cons
  • Sometimes it takes me more than 2 games to adapt to the opponent's playstyle so some ppl can end up winning, not because they are overall good but because they have 1 good element (like a strong pressure routine)
    • It happened last time where a guy beat me, teabagged. So I messaged him to do 1s because I knew I could figure out his game plan. After 5 games, he couldnt beat me anymore. I understand though that you cant start fighting first to 5 in KL or else it would be way too long lol so I gotta learn to adapt faster
  • Laggy connections (It doesnt bother me as much as it bothers other people though). Im happy to forfeit the set if it's too laggy because I dont play KL for the rank, I play it for the experience. But when it does happen, it sucks because i feel like I wasted my time.
  • This is more with me than with the game, but KL brings out some performance anxiety sometimes lol
overall, 7/10

MKF30

Kindred, you forgot cheaters, pullers that when they do you actually lose rank lol. Sometimes you gain, but a lot of times I've lost or nothing changes as if I never beat them and that's not right but on that that's NRS's screw up. This is one thing, fatal flaw about KL that nobody who is pro KL/ranked can deny. They want you to grind only to be dicked over like that. Come on now. I mean KL in general is a screw up period, but not like they're going to reverse it with their "want these special skins, gear etc you HAVE to play KL then hahahaha" yeah, fuck that lol

The daily inbox messages from people explaining to me how they want to hunt me down, rape my wife, and then kill me in front her kinda pushed me away. No gear is worth that. Also need a wi-fi filter, but really it's the rape thing done me in.
I've had some death threats as well, not hunting me but wishing. One dude said he hopes I fall into a deep hole somewhere and nobody finds me lmao....you have to be some kind of special next level loser to send that shit to someone.

If someone sent me that I'd say good luck finding me, and if you do Lucille will be waiting for you. :cool:

I own the game on PS4 and PC as well. PS4 players are more toxic but maaan, if it comes to cheaters, Steam is the worst place to play. For starters, Forfeit glitch was patched two weeks later. I stopped playing after a while because it was pointless. Then there are the notorious slow-mo players. Character Select screen, there's no sign of what's coming. Intros played just fine, then game goes into slow-mo. I played through a set once, mofo was losing even like that way so he pulled at the end, no win, no points.

What's even worse is these pullers. 'Game session is no longer available', I swear to God this text burned into my brain on PC. But in extreme cases it's not only no win, no points but it is even registered as a loss! It was just the other day, a +20/-36 match came up, we picked characters, we're on loading screen, POOF, 'Game session is no longer available'. Back to the menu, it's -36 points for me. What the actual f*ck? Punk ass t-bagger bitches who t-bag+fatal you after Game 1 then quit in Game 3 when losing are a welcome change after pluggers like these. How do they do this anyway? Every time the game crashed to desktop on PC, it was a loss for me. I guess it looked like I pulled. How come they can get away with pulling or even win like this? How is it a loss for me?
Trust me dude, they're toxic on every console. I play on Xbox I get constant hatemail to where I have to block messages, filter etc. Switch while there's no message mode, I get people teabagging all the time and pulling...it's no exclusive to one console, it's on every console. This game just attracts loser assholes regardless of the port.

MKF30

Wow 19 votes for 0 ROTFLMAO...ok, not even I expected that much hate but shit, the poll speaks for itself. Apparently I'm not as alone as I thought.

The only thing holding KL back is no WIFI filter and FT2 sets.

Actually scratch the short sets. Playing those WIFI assholes is the only thing that sucks a big cock about KL completely invalidating the game's godlike netcode.

I also don't get why it's all just for cosmetics and people who scored the highest rankings in KL over a certain amount of time don't get invited to Final Kombat or some shit, so you know online warriors who don't have cash to travel, get some exposure and get to travel to an event for free.

Also hate the point decay. Point decay makes sense for a ladder season that goes for a year or some shit like Blizzcon for Warcraft and Starcraft back in the day. Why you would put in a point decay for shit that gets reset every 4 weeks if absolutely beyond me.

I'd have to give it a 10/10 though if I compare it to other fighting game ranked modes, which all suck so much more balls than KL.
My personal enjoyment is like 5/10. Points above fixed, I'd really love it.

MKF30

A lot of things hold this mode back and definitely NOT a 10 out of 10 lol. Shitty players, shitty lag, shitty gimmicks and cheaters make this mode 0/10 and thus is winning as a result.

Last edited:

Zviko

Noob
People don't like the mode where everyone does whatever it takes to win by using cheap tactics, nothing but top tiers, t-bagging at the end and all that on shitty undeclinable connection? What a shock.

MKF30

Nobody uses honest characters because people are pussies scared of looking bad or dare working for the win. You see nonshaomkahns, raiden, etc

People don't like the mode where everyone does whatever it takes to win by using cheap tactics, nothing but top tiers, t-bagging at the end and all that on shitty undeclinable connection? What a shock.
Not to mention pulling and NRS hiding skins behind this trash mode. Let's hope they learn from this game and never put this weak af shit in again.

Also, noticed nobody picks how est characters

Last edited:

Icefyre

Shadows
A lot of things hold this mode back and definitely NOT a 10 out of 10 lol. Shitty players, shitty lag, shitty gimmicks and cheaters make this mode 0/10 and thus is winning as a result.
You can’t really say it’s not a 10 out of 10 when the poll is inherently subjective, though. You also can’t use this poll as some objective critique for the same reason.

I touched on Kombat League in one of my "11 Changes/Modifications I'd like to see" post here: https://testyourmight.com/threads/11-changes-modifications-id-like-to-see.72889/

Score-wise, I give Kombat League a 3/10 and I'm probably being a bit generous.

I'm a completionist, so obviously, I HAVE to play KL to unlock the gears and skins. Unfortunately, as I mentioned in my post linked above, I'm not the greatest player on Earth and even though it really bothers the "completionist" in me, the highest rank I can be bothered to go to in KL is Grand Master, which means I always have missed out on the DemiGod/God/ElderGod skins/gears every season. I just can't push myself to play past my five matches per day and sometimes, after I get the challenge rewards, even that is a struggle.

Obviously, lag that seems to "conveniently" kick in the few times I actually get a good string going angers me, as does the pullers who cause me to not even get points that I do earn, they also cause the match played not count, so I still need another to get to my five. I've never had a puller cause me to lose points (yet, that I know of) but that would get me pretty upset as well.

But, as I said in my post, the major issue I have is the fact that I can LOSE points to a player that the game is saying should beat me. In fact, many times, I can lose more points than I can gain by beating the same player that the game is saying I should lose to. To have to play matches where you can lose 30 points and only gain 10 to a person the game says is better than you is one of the most infuriating things to me in Kombat League.

My first solution would be simple: If you're favored to lose, you shouldn't lose points for losing. Not saying you should gain points, but losing points shouldn't be a thing in matches you are an underdog in.

As for the rewards, I'm not a big fan of cosmetics in games being put behind "skill walls," meaning you have to be a certain skill in order to gain an item. The icons and banners being different for each level, I'm OK with, since every KL player at least gets one of each, but I really wish they would make the skins and gears available in other ways. They have some with the gears in the Kronika vaults, but so far, none of the skins have been available. I get that they want some "exclusivity," but at the same time, gear pieces like "maskless" gear for Skarlet and Kitana were at one time "exclusive" to the Shrine. Then, enough people complained and they created towers for those items. Sticking these skins in towers (or hell, even make them purchaseable with Time Krystals, since I have over 17,000 of them, while the store has cycled through things I already have for a few months straight now) every so often would be nice. Season 1 started on June 18, nearly a year ago. I'd say that's enough "exclusivity." It's longer than the Kold War Skarlet and Cangaceiro Kano skins got.

I'd even prefer a modification of the way to get the skins and gears, if you really want me to play Kombat League. Make it so gears and skins unlock based on stuff you do in Kombat League, like the season challenges. The first skin for winning 25 matches, the second for 50 wins, the last one for 75, something like that. Personally, I'd play Kombat League a lot more if there was a concrete goal where I would be guaranteed the gear or skin, instead of having to deal with the gain points/lose points rollercoaster that is currently in place. In fact, that's why I (and I assume many others) play 5 daily matches then are done with Kombat League for the day. They know that playing 5 matches guarantees those 50 Time Krystals.

Just my thoughts.

MKF30

You can’t really say it’s not a 10 out of 10 when the poll is inherently subjective, though. You also can’t use this poll as some objective critique for the same reason.
Well, that's my opinion though and going by majority of the votes(poll leading at 0 for example) I kind of can say that based off that evidence now going in sure I'd agree. But I can't help it if most feel the same way I do about KL being well trash lol. I mean everyone's individual view is subjective but I'd bet my left pinky majority on here, twitter and general would feel the same way I do about this mode tbh. I don't believe majority on here, twitter, reddit etc feel KL is a 10/10 tbh outside of like 5 or 6 people.

I touched on Kombat League in one of my "11 Changes/Modifications I'd like to see" post here: https://testyourmight.com/threads/11-changes-modifications-id-like-to-see.72889/

Score-wise, I give Kombat League a 3/10 and I'm probably being a bit generous.

I'm a completionist, so obviously, I HAVE to play KL to unlock the gears and skins. Unfortunately, as I mentioned in my post linked above, I'm not the greatest player on Earth and even though it really bothers the "completionist" in me, the highest rank I can be bothered to go to in KL is Grand Master, which means I always have missed out on the DemiGod/God/ElderGod skins/gears every season. I just can't push myself to play past my five matches per day and sometimes, after I get the challenge rewards, even that is a struggle.

Obviously, lag that seems to "conveniently" kick in the few times I actually get a good string going angers me, as does the pullers who cause me to not even get points that I do earn, they also cause the match played not count, so I still need another to get to my five. I've never had a puller cause me to lose points (yet, that I know of) but that would get me pretty upset as well.

But, as I said in my post, the major issue I have is the fact that I can LOSE points to a player that the game is saying should beat me. In fact, many times, I can lose more points than I can gain by beating the same player that the game is saying I should lose to. To have to play matches where you can lose 30 points and only gain 10 to a person the game says is better than you is one of the most infuriating things to me in Kombat League.

My first solution would be simple: If you're favored to lose, you shouldn't lose points for losing. Not saying you should gain points, but losing points shouldn't be a thing in matches you are an underdog in.

As for the rewards, I'm not a big fan of cosmetics in games being put behind "skill walls," meaning you have to be a certain skill in order to gain an item. The icons and banners being different for each level, I'm OK with, since every KL player at least gets one of each, but I really wish they would make the skins and gears available in other ways. They have some with the gears in the Kronika vaults, but so far, none of the skins have been available. I get that they want some "exclusivity," but at the same time, gear pieces like "maskless" gear for Skarlet and Kitana were at one time "exclusive" to the Shrine. Then, enough people complained and they created towers for those items. Sticking these skins in towers (or hell, even make them purchaseable with Time Krystals, since I have over 17,000 of them, while the store has cycled through things I already have for a few months straight now) every so often would be nice. Season 1 started on June 18, nearly a year ago. I'd say that's enough "exclusivity." It's longer than the Kold War Skarlet and Cangaceiro Kano skins got.

I'd even prefer a modification of the way to get the skins and gears, if you really want me to play Kombat League. Make it so gears and skins unlock based on stuff you do in Kombat League, like the season challenges. The first skin for winning 25 matches, the second for 50 wins, the last one for 75, something like that. Personally, I'd play Kombat League a lot more if there was a concrete goal where I would be guaranteed the gear or skin, instead of having to deal with the gain points/lose points rollercoaster that is currently in place. In fact, that's why I (and I assume many others) play 5 daily matches then are done with Kombat League for the day. They know that playing 5 matches guarantees those 50 Time Krystals.

Just my thoughts.
Totally understand, for me while I'm not a completionist(I am with the single player modes like story, arcade endings, gauntlet, holiday tot etc but KL I never did ranked I have done player rank, KOTH when I want imo KOTH is more fun unless it's a full room then the wait is like a half hour if 8 players are in there but with friends it's fun. KL is just horrible and mentally exhausting, stressful, too grindey and as you've pointed out a lot of players probably majority actually aren't going to be great players. I'm competitive and gotten Demi God when I want to but it's getting harder and I don't use broke tier dumb characters, I use Raiden, Jade and will be using Fujin and RB possibly Sheeva. But thankfully if you've noticed the DLC they don't hide the skins behind KL probably because my guess not everyone will have all the DLC so they prob figured, why waste spots on DLC that not everyone may want or have, when they can put the base launch roster stuff in there.

But I agree, the fact that NRS hid skins behind a horribly flawed toxic mode month after month was a foolish idea and not fair to the average and casual players who want the skins yet paid full price for this game.

Radam

Noob
KL is easily the best thing about MK11. All I have wanted from MK9 days is a awesome online scene and KL gives it to me. Even a year after release on the smallest player count platform you can jump on and get a game with zero problems, it has cool records, replays and even records rivalries with the nemesis system to create a feeling of community and get you to remember players. On top of that there is a ton of cool rewards to allow you to get a feeling of progression. I love getting cards and skins and using them as a mark of my time in the league. I'm so glad that NRS is not caving to the "I want it all crowd" and keeping the arcade feeling of trophies. Some people not getting the skins and cards is the entire point and that is what make it great.

The only thing that would be cooler would be if there was a official online tournament mode with brackets and grand finals.
Good to see someone on here gets it. People who complain about KL are scrubs who suck at the game. It's by far the best Ranked Mode we've had in an MK game yet.

I think people are missing the point of this mode. This isn't a mode meant for casual playing. It's not a mode meant for obtaining skins. The mode is designed for competition. There are obvious things that can be improved that I welcome (Wi-Fi decline, lower threshold etc.). But for the most part I enjoy playing this mode the most bc the better players as a whole are on this mode.

I believe that we have gotten into an age of bitch and complain. Constructive criticism isn't the norm anymore. Either something is exactly the way you want it or it's complete trash. There is no in between. I feel like there is a mob mentality going on in order to get NRS to change something and people think this is the way to do it. I can understand this kind of thing on social media, but on an MK site? It's really bizarre to see. If you think MK11sucks, how could you possibly enjoy ANY game mode in it?

Last edited:
This isn't a mode meant for casual playing. It's not a mode meant for obtaining skins.
From what I'm reading, that's where a lot of people have an issue with it. NetherRealm has made it a mode for obtaining skins. In fact, if UnderDawg's poll is any indication, the rewards are the only reason over 85% even bother with Kombat League.

If "It's not a mode meant for obtaining skins," then NetherRealm shouldn't make the rewards exclusive to the mode.

Zviko

Noob
From what I'm reading, that's where a lot of people have an issue with it. NetherRealm has made it a mode for obtaining skins. In fact, if UnderDawg's poll is any indication, the rewards are the only reason over 85% even bother with Kombat League.

If "It's not a mode meant for obtaining skins," then NetherRealm shouldn't make the rewards exclusive to the mode.
Which means 85% of people are a bit dumb. I mean y'all complain how much you paid for the game and then you play the mode you hate just so your Scorpion can be purple.
Also, if it is a mode meant for obtaining skins then so is every other mode too. So what the hell do you play to have fun then? To actually get your moneys worth?

The exclusive skins are no different then the skins locked behind Towers, story, and all other single player modes. The only reason why people think that is okay is bc it's easy. If they spend enough time grinding they can get skins rewards and they only have to play against AI. There are plenty of skins I will not get bc I don't want to play those modes. It's always been that way. But now they offer rewards for competitive players in a mode I was looking forward to playing anyway (ranked).

So why is it okay to do this for single player and not for multi-player? and like I said earlier, they are dropping KL gear in the krypt.

Icefyre

Shadows
Well, that's my opinion though and going by majority of the votes(poll leading at 0 for example) I kind of can say that based off that evidence[...]
Agreed, it's your opinion. However, you said it to deny the previous post's answer, and while you're free to disagree, your particular choice of language overall suggested that you somehow think this poll is objective.

I don't particularly like the game, I'm not defending the mode, but I think your bias isn't doing you any favors here. The sample size is incredibly small, and you're not attempting to average anything. You're jumping at the chance to trash the game based off your skewed interpretation of the results. 18.6% is a small majority, some of your poll options overlap, and your own logic suggests that I could just as easily (still incorrectly) say that the mode does not deserve a 0/10 score since 81.4% think it deserves a different score. This polls an individual's subjective take on a game mode, but you're trying to treat it like an election. It doesn't work that way.

Before I uninstalled I really couldn't stand the mode or the idea of skin rewards in a ranked mode, so it's not like I don't agree with your take personally but I recognize that everyone has their own taste, and that's great. I don't want to try and ruin the game's social perception any chance I get just because of my personal grief with it though.

Stay safe, hope all is well.

MKF30

Zviko, nah if anything the 15% of people are the dumbs ones for pretending to like KL just to get skins? Yes most of us want our money's worth and that means skins, maybe you don't care about that stuff and would play MK if they used stick figures but a lot of players most actually want our mains to look unique and not the 2 same outfits from the 90's. Majority rules at the end of the day, those 85% are smart for being honest if anything as are the 0% votes here. You sound salty most hate this trash, gimmicky mode that is Kombat League. It's common sense to not hide gear, skins that are really neat looking behind a mode that is beyond flawed in numerous ways. Props to 85% not being shills.

Well, that's my opinion though and going by majority of the votes(poll leading at 0 for example) I kind of can say that based off that evidence now going in sure I'd agree. But I can't help it if most feel the same way I do about KL being well trash lol. I mean everyone's individual view is subjective but I'd bet my left pinky majority on here, twitter and general would feel the same way I do about this mode tbh.
Agreed, it's your opinion. However, you said it to deny the previous post's answer, and while you're free to disagree, your particular choice of language overall suggested that you somehow think this poll is objective.

I don't particularly like the game, I'm not defending the mode, but I think your bias isn't doing you any favors here. The sample size is incredibly small, and you're not attempting to average anything. You're jumping at the chance to trash the game based off your skewed interpretation of the results. 18.6% is a small majority, some of your poll options overlap, and your own logic suggests that I could just as easily (still incorrectly) say that the mode does not deserve a 0/10 score since 81.4% think it deserves a different score. This polls an individual's subjective take on a game mode, but you're trying to treat it like an election. It doesn't work that way.

Before I uninstalled I really couldn't stand the mode or the idea of skin rewards in a ranked mode, so it's not like I don't agree with your take personally but I recognize that everyone has their own taste, and that's great. I don't want to try and ruin the game's social perception any chance I get just because of my personal grief with it though.

Stay safe, hope all is well.
Is it not objective?Relative? Sure in terms of every user but I'm just saying I would wager majority of people who bought this game regardless of casual, competitive, tournament whatever kind of player would agree the grind is not worth it and then you have the other flaws cheaters, toxic aholes, counterpickers, shitty laggy connections you're forced to play etc, etc. We're allowed to disagree with each other, I mean I won't insult someone if they think this mode is 10/10, I would definitely disagree I see the opposite if anything personally but hey if they can deal with all that bs that comes with this mode, hey more power to them. I personally go to MK to relieve stress, escape life's issues, worries and KL only makes that worse for me personally, not being a fun experience to me obviously I can't and don't speak for everyone but going back to the poll, it speaks for itself so I'm not alone as it would seem. I don't see how I'm biased though, I've been playing MK since MK 1, I've spent well over a 100 bucks on this game alone I think if anything someone like me is more than qualified to express how I feel and keep in mind, over the years I've been called "a blind MK fanboy" so yeah...clearly that's not the case lol. 81% in terms of you count every other answer, but the 0% is clearly leading much like an election which is all that matters at the end of the day. From 5-0, lead most of the votes compared to 6-10 keep in mind also. So even though 0 is leading, it's never good when the lower half of the spectrum is leading the higher half, just saying. If this were a movie, show or comic feedback those are like canceled after one movie/season numbers....but being a video game, they have the luxury of DLC staying power(even if the prices now are a ripoff) but that's another story all together.

But yeah I hope that helps explain myself better, people can enjoy whatever they like I'm merely pointing out that as the same with my BEST NRS game, I wanted to see how TYM feels and I have to say, while I can't predict everyone individually I was right both times in the outcome, which tells me more people understand where I'm coming from on here than that of which would appear with those same people always arguing with me about MK 11 not being a good game overall. Outside of the storymode, which I'll always enjoy for MK. Of course that's my personal opinion.

Thank you btw, you stay safe too!

Last edited:
The exclusive skins are no different then the skins locked behind Towers, story, and all other single player modes. The only reason why people think that is okay is bc it's easy. If they spend enough time grinding they can get skins rewards and they only have to play against AI. There are plenty of skins I will not get bc I don't want to play those modes. It's always been that way. But now they offer rewards for competitive players in a mode I was looking forward to playing anyway (ranked).

So why is it okay to do this for single player and not for multi-player? and like I said earlier, they are dropping KL gear in the krypt.
I've seen a lot of people complain about skins being locked in towers, story, etc as well, so not everyone thinks that is OK, either. In fact, they've even moved things in some instances where items that were in one place have been moved to character towers, making it impossible to get items if you already completed that particular character tower before the change was made.

Also, story mode items are available anytime someone wants to complete story mode. The towers rotate, so there are multiple chances to get those items that are tower rewards. Kombat League rewards, you have a very limited timeframe to get the rewards.

On top of that, a fair amount of items that are available in towers and story, etc are also available in the time krystal store. Has a Kombat League skin or gear EVER been available in the store? Spoiler alert: The answer is no.

I mentioned this in my post about changes/modifications I'd like to see. I'm even fine with making things exclusive to a given mode (KL, towers, story, etc) for a certain amount of time. But, after a few months, IMO, skins and gear pieces should at least be able to be purchased with time krystals, if not made available by other methods.

MKF30

The skins hidden behind Tot, Gauntlet and story are annoying too sure but NOT nearly as bad as KL. This is just not comparable. Tot everyone can get with a little time, you're playing hours on KL anyway so what's the difference? At least with the single player modes you won't pop a blood vessel in your brain from rage. The gauntlet is tough I admit, but I also did it in 3 and half days. It's not impossible, it is time consuming but what game isn't now days? The time thing is a bs excuse to me because people who always bring that up will be grinding some other mode they like for hours on end so....yeah.

And story mode, ok even if you're not a MK mythos buff and just a player that doesn't care about the characters etc, it's still fun and relaxing it's like playing and watching a movie so I don't see how many can hate on this mode tbh. The others totally, but Story?

KL as the guy above me mentioned are timed and majority of players won't be getting those since most are casuals and/or may not have the time to grind that hard, get better to rank up as you would with Tot they rotate and come back til completed.

Then you have the case of "preorder exclusive bonus only" skins like Aftermath Klash pack(Scorp, frost and sub) like why? It's pretty much a business gimmick from NRS to MAKE fans buy their DLC "oh you may not want the DLC but hey you want that shredder or scorpion skin you've wanted since release? well, only way to get it to preorder(buy our DLC haha) To me this is weaksauce.

Which means 85% of people are a bit dumb. I mean y'all complain how much you paid for the game and then you play the mode you hate just so your Scorpion can be purple.
Also, if it is a mode meant for obtaining skins then so is every other mode too. So what the hell do you play to have fun then? To actually get your moneys worth?
People "play the mode they hate" because there is literally no other way to get the content. Make it available through towers and/or time krystals and I'd either never play Kombat League again, or may even play it more, knowing that I'm playing because I want to, as opposed to it being a chore just to unlock skins and gears. I'm sure the same could be reversed for those that don't like story mode or towers.

Like I said before, at least personally, if you give me a concrete goal to hit (like number of wins) I'd be much more receptive to Kombat League than I am with the constant gain points/lose points system in place.

As it stands, for many, Kombat League is seen as a chore. This is why you see people say they played their one game to get a skin, or played their 10 days to complete their season challenges and drop the mode after hitting those points.