What's new

Is Kombat League fun, if so how would you rate the FUN FACTOR on a scale from 1-10?

Is Kombat League fun to anyone, if so how would you rate the FUN FACTOR on a scale from 1-10?

Votes: 23 17.6%

Votes: 7 5.3%

Votes: 7 5.3%

Votes: 12 9.2%

Votes: 9 6.9%

Votes: 14 10.7%

Votes: 3 2.3%

Votes: 11 8.4%

Votes: 4 3.1%

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Undecided because some days are good, other days suck balls

Votes: 13 9.9%
  • Fun and Kombat League do not belong in the same sentence!!

• Total voters
I never played rank casually. I played it bc I wanted to get better.
I get your point, but for me PERSONALLY a majority of level ups occur when I grind a matchup or condition myself to very specific situations. FT2s against randoms is like a diagnostic for me rather than any meaningful grind. Sadly, as it is, my FOMO on cool skins detract me from my actual grinding, but that's on me.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
0/10

• people pulling plugs cause they don't have the mental capacity to deal with a loss in a video game
  • people insulting my mom because they can't block
  • hate mail bait that gets you hooked cause you're pissed at how fucking laggy they were even if you did win
  • shitty ass fucking rewards
  • pointless

wifi is not the only issues and every single game i know and played in the past had at least a ping filter either with real numbers or bars for you to set up. some other have even a region filter or at least show you where your opponent is from and you can then decide if you want to play that person or not. no people are mad because of how the combat league works in its current form. fuck the skins, i am on pc can just unlock them all for free when i want to without any consequences. i want good matches....combat league doesn't provide them and neither did the normal ranked mode before but casual did due to you being able to at least manually filter shit connections out and not being forced to play 150+guys from countrys where you always have a shit connection with.
from a competitive standpoint its a fucking joke...not just due to the connection issues but mentioned problems in previous posts.

does having seasons and stuff in itself are new things...sure...but the way they gave it to us hurt the game more then it benefitet it for people who want to have good matches.
From the previous posts in this thread they mention exclusive KL skins being a bad thing. Connection issues that you mention happen in all games previous to this one. You currently can have "good matches" in player match right now. And you can decide who you want to play.

Something like this doesn't make sense for a ranked mode bc the ranking would not mean anything due to cherry picking opponents. Connection issues can also make ranked matches illegitimate but they would be even worse if it operated like player matches.

If you don't like the way the ranked sets are set up how would you design It? I mentioned a Wi-Fi filter would be nice. And being able to select your own ping threshold would be a great addition. But these things never existed in the previous games. So I don't fault kombat league for that stuff. When you boil it down the mode is the same mode for I2 had but with added content.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I will just post this here:

Says a lot about how much MK11 players actually enjoy playing this mode. I understand why they locked recolored skins behind the KL, let's be real, majority of the players would NEVER touch it and would have probably moved on by now.
Yeah let's hope NRS comes to their senses and gets rid of this shitty ass mode in the future, you want to keep ranked? Ok sure, let those people keep it was it was pre MK 11. But don't hide cool stuff behind this mode, literally the dumbest idea ever in NRS history.
I think that the idea of having an online experience that give you exclusive rewards is amazing on paper but really poor executed in what we have now as the Kombat League.
Basically, Kombat League is a "bad online player" propaganda now and it's all because of the psychological aspect of it and also because human beings are a bitch when encouraged.
Lock content below skill level is wrong from the start because people try to avoid this in every possible way (bad connection, quitting and so on...) just because they REALLY want that skin/gear.
Let's be honest: who can consistently reach Elder God every season? Very few amazing players out there.

Some suggestions that comes to mind that can improve this mode:

1) make a Kombat League shop where you can buy whatever you want from that season with the online points that you gain.
People can buy the skin/gear that they want just by playing.
Maybe top player can have some exclusive badges but skins/gears can be unlocked by everyone that play online and do good without trying to cheese the ranks.

2) make online points a thing even in competitive casual matches, so, people can take a break from ranked and maybe trying something new instead of playing 1 character from all the game life because they are uber strong with him.
With the Kombat League shop that I describe, it will be perfect.

3) deranked because you are not playing for a few days is total bullshit and needs to go away.
We play what we want and when we want.

4) if we can't have wi-fi filter or region filter, then we can't lose point if we forfait the set because the connection is awful.

5) people can't see the opponent's character and we can't change character until the end of the set. In a FT2 ranked as it is now, there's an awful counterpicking meta that promote cheesy way to win a match. Never understand why people like this thing, expecially in tournament.

6) no finish him/her screen in competitive. No teabag allowed, no shame dance, no fatality, no bullshit... we win, we lose, move on to the other set.

Doing these simple things make the toxicity away for a good 70%, IMHO.

As it is now, KL is a bad 3/10.
Yes, exactly my point! Majority even very good players are NOT going to get God and EG consistently, don't care what anyone says. I've seen even tourney and "professional" players stream KL and they only reach Demi God most of the time. This idea is beyond flawed, I really believe NRS smoked some serious shit when they came up with this idea. If people want to do ranked, they do ranked but don't force us to play this garbage against toxic people, cheaters etc which as you said you're probably going to have more cheaters because they want the skins and in a way I don't blame them given the insanely difficult circumstances, not that I'm approving cheating but for this mode I get why people would feel the need. The way the game works now with patches, I believe if someone quits, pulls whatever the other player gets points but the one who leaves just doesn't lose nor gain anything so I've read. I think? Then you have lag switchers who increase their chances of winning, that bothers me more than anything because it's like ohh I get matched up with someone, smooth connection then match starts and WTF is this swimming through mud shit?

I agree, the deranked thing is beyond ret@rded and just stupid. So to add to the already insane amont of bs hill we have to climb there's that, ohh so NRS is like "oh btw you can't have a life if you miss a few days you lose points haha" Yeah fuck that....

I totally agree and felt I was the only one who feels this way, they seriously have to follow SF's method with this. NRS you want to be like other games? ha forget stupid shit like breakaways, how about making it so that in ranked you only see YOUR select screen and not the others, so the whole counterpicking game won't be a game of chicken forcing both to go invisible. I mean I find it hard to believe that we're in MK 11 now and nobody at NRS thinks of this shit.

Wifi yeah that's an issue but hell, give us the option to accept or reject anyone. Example, why I say this is toxic assholes. You can block someone and guess what, still get matched up with them and forced to play them....this happens all the time, so whats the point of blocking someone? lol And this is multiconsole btw, works for other games but apparently not this one rendering block option 100% useless.

Yep, totally agree. The down animation doesn't not have to work during Finish him. And I know they can do this because of the simple fact that they don't allow other moves(for whatever stupid reason) to work on finish him such as ex moves or amped whatever same shit. So they don't allow that, but they allow D, D, D, D, D, D. NRS logic...Yep, I'm cool with no fatals they waste time.

They need to get rid of this exclusive shit behind ranked, if they pull this bs again I will not be playing their next game. Also a real scummy move by them if you ask me was the fact that they WAITED until they got their millions with buyers from this game then were like "ohh btw haha you want more skins players, you have to play this toxic ranked mode called Kombat League where it's ranked but with "goodies" we call it incentives"

Ha, I call it a bs gimmick.
And how is the SP content unlocks any different? I'd rather play online any day to unlock things in that mode instead of wasting time having to deal with armoured/poisoned/buffed bullshit modifiers and trying to figure out which inventory item i need to counter it just to get some skin that frankly i don't give a shit about. The only reason i do occasionally bother is so i can say that i've finished that part of the game.

And half the time it's being done by AI... so yeah...
Dude, it's not even comparable. SP assuming you mean single player tot etc, bro I've done the gauntlet and as hard as it is, it's not NEARLY as bad nor stressful as KL. KL there's so much bs to put up with, single player towers for one it's easy as pie to unlock assists, mods etc to help you out, two umm nobody will be pulling on you, you don't have to deal with wifi, lag etc at least I can actually be able to play the game as it's supposed to be played, your complaints can be helped with using proper buffs, assists etc such as health regen, more damaging moves, assists etc. You don't play naked without any help otherwise you're goign to lose. It's just common sense with certain tot and Gauntlet especially, and some holiday towers. I don't see how that's worse when the amount of stress, grinding and bs you have to put up with every damn month in KL to get 4 skins is not worth it, nevermind the extra gear....they could have easily put this for sale 1 or under single player modes 2. You can't do everything by AI, lol you can't do the Gauntlet rewards by AI or a lot of tower events, character towers.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Curious to see how people feel about this mode, I've seen some people not just on the internet in general(mostly if not on here on YT claim) "this mode is fun, it's worth the rewards because you worked for it and there's stakes"

Most of you already know how I feel about it so no need to go off again.

I'm more curious to see how much fun you guys find this mode.

Feel free to rate and discuss.
3 because people I play is KL Aren't toxic like:
Vortex/spam you(with unreactable moves) 0-DEATH and say"Haha you suck uninstall and get a life dumba$$"
GOD I LOVE PEOPLE:):):):):)

otherwise they skrewed up the rewards for ranked idea
good on paper though

MKF30

Evil Canadian, so you find that in a Gamepro bro? lol avoiding the question haha.

Vortex/spam you(with unreactable moves) 0-DEATH and say"Haha you suck uninstall and get a life dumba$$"

good on paper though
lol yeah to say they botched this idea is an understatement.
@Vslayer hey long time no see, thanks for the post! I agree lol

The same way as you are forced to play single player modes when you want these skins. At the end, the game forces you to play its modes to gain the costumes which are in the game since day one which you payed for. With this kind of system you will always have people who might not get certain things.

Ontopic.
Combat league could be fun but there are a bunch of things which kinda ruins it. From a competitive aspect its a total joke and cant be taken serious due to the nature of making it a one month thing with a reset where everyone starts by zero. That's not how a good ranking system works. When you want to have seasons you always should take the rank someone managed to achieve into consideration for the next season and rise theire initial rank so that you don't place them into the "beginners" playerpool. The current system contradicts the goal of a skill based ranking system.

No region and ping + wifi filter is a downer too and really hurts the experience you get from your sets. I am not a fan of the first to 2 system either. In itself its a nice thing to have in a ranked environment but not with the current way the seasons work. On top of that would i rather allow people to switch just variations instead to go to a complete new char but i guess that's just a really personal thing as someone who never switch chars during a set. It would save a bunch of time....+ stage select should be introduced.

4/10
It's not remotely comparable though, single player is not NEARLY as bad as KL lol. Dude I did the gauntlet in 3 days....was it easy? Hell no. But possible and somewhat accomplished? Yes. KL I don't, it's too long, too stupid and too gimmicky not to mention as many others brought up here way too much bs to put up with with pullers, toxicity, counterpickers. Yeah and that's why it SUCKS, because most of the people who have this game aren't going to be caring about competing nor will ever get to that level. Bro, my best buds grew up on MK like me, one of them wanted a Baraka skin but he's a casual level player, he plays single player stuff. When he found out about KL he got turned off and said fuck this game, and I don't blame him. Why should he and millions of others have to play and get a certain rank, stress aggravation just to get a damn skin? It's stupid and makes no sense. If we want to compete, we'll play ranked but don't hide shit behind a flawed ranked mode to force people to play if they see a skin they really want. It's unfair bs and needs to go.

So I would say the difference is single player, most of us even casual level will be able to get those unlocks. He can, my friend and he SUCKS at MK competitively....when he tried kombat league, he can't get past kombatant, he struggles to get to warrior because he's not that good in FG's. Even with practice sure you improve but so do your opponents lol and he's just not a FG player much like if Sonic fox were to try a sports game or something I'm sure it wouldn't go well for him. My point is not everyone can be a master at everything they play perhaps for dare I say enjoyment? Not everything needs to be about competition constantly..

But for your complaints I agree and then some which is why KL sucks.

good on paper though
0/10

• people pulling plugs cause they don't have the mental capacity to deal with a loss in a video game
  • hate mail bait that gets you hooked cause you're pissed at how fucking laggy they were even if you did win
  • pointless
Truth ^

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Evil Canadian, so you find that in a Gamepro bro? lol avoiding the question haha.

It's not remotely comparable though, single player is not NEARLY as bad as KL lol. Dude I did the gauntlet in 3 days....was it easy? Hell no. But possible and somewhat accomplished? Yes. KL I don't, it's too long, too stupid and too gimmicky not to mention as many others brought up here way too much bs to put up with with pullers, toxicity, counterpickers. Yeah and that's why it SUCKS, because most of the people who have this game aren't going to be caring about competing nor will ever get to that level. Bro, my best buds grew up on MK like me, one of them wanted a Baraka skin but he's a casual level player, he plays single player stuff. When he found out about KL he got turned off and said fuck this game, and I don't blame him. Why should he and millions of others have to play and get a certain rank, stress aggravation just to get a damn skin? It's stupid and makes no sense. If we want to compete, we'll play ranked but don't hide shit behind a flawed ranked mode to force people to play if they see a skin they really want. It's unfair bs and needs to go.

So I would say the difference is single player, most of us even casual level will be able to get those unlocks. He can, my friend and he SUCKS at MK competitively....when he tried kombat league, he can't get past kombatant, he struggles to get to warrior because he's not that good in FG's. Even with practice sure you improve but so do your opponents lol and he's just not a FG player much like if Sonic fox were to try a sports game or something I'm sure it wouldn't go well for him. My point is not everyone can be a master at everything they play perhaps for dare I say enjoyment? Not everything needs to be about competition constantly..

But for your complaints I agree and then some which is why KL sucks.

Truth ^
how the hell did you beat the gauntlet? I am still on that armored shao kahn who either takes no damage or kills you in one hit!

MKF30

good on paper though
0/10

• pointless
Truth ^
how the hell did you beat the gauntlet? I am still on that armored shao kahn who either takes no damage or kills you in one hit!
lol with a lot of patience, determination and using smart assists. It's really about the assists, I haven't beaten it yet on the Switch which would be a second time I know why do that when I did it once on xbox? But the truth is, I'd rather do 10 gauntlets than deal with the trash that is KL lol. TBH only really about 4 or 5 of them are insanely difficult, most are time consuming rather than insanely difficult tbh like fighting Baraka 10 times doing a brutality to him every time for example.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God

Truth ^

lol with a lot of patience, determination and using smart assists. It's really about the assists, I haven't beaten it yet on the Switch which would be a second time I know why do that when I did it once on xbox? But the truth is, I'd rather do 10 gauntlets than deal with the trash that is KL lol. TBH only really about 4 or 5 of them are insanely difficult, most are time consuming rather than insanely difficult tbh like fighting Baraka 10 times doing a brutality to him every time for example.
alright look for the best assist then. yayyyy mooore shadow lords -_-

also you need to face my baraka. YOU CANNOT TRASH TALK MY SMILEBOY LIKE THAT

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
I honestly do not understand why you guys continue to play something you don't enjoy for rewards you don't like.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of KL because I like playing with customs and prefer long sets. Soooo... I don't play KL. Seems like the obvious solution to me.

All I have wanted from MK9 days is a awesome online scene and KL gives it to me. It has cool records, replays and even records rivalries with the nemesis system to create a feeling of community and get you to remember people.
Lol, I wish I could say the same but I experience the komplete opposite. KL brings out the worst side of people, even in the middle of a global pandemic, you can rarely komplete your dailies without running into toxic, troll t-baggers who can't have any kind of satisfaction without insulting or humiliating you. All I hear about is the FGC is this welcoming and that awesome but my only experience is this online hellhole called Ranked/Kombat League and if I remember people that's more like Oh, no, not this a$$h*le again!

I blocked all messages a long time ago so randoms can't entertain themselves sending me their brainfarts but god bless party chat on PlayStation, I fare much better since I'm not forced into listening to garbage during games. This still won't save you from connection breakers, lag cheaters and idiots though.

Kombat League is not the problem. The toxic, cocky NRS playerbase is the problem. And the biggest joke is that it's not the people who lose against you. It's the winners. Oh, and the quitters, who t-bag you and fatal you after game 1, then lose to you in game 2 and unplug during game 3 in round 2 when you're winning. It's so much fun, isn't it?

Raider

Noob
I honestly do not understand why you guys continue to play something you don't enjoy for rewards you don't like.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of KL because I like playing with customs and prefer long sets. Soooo... I don't play KL. Seems like the obvious solution to me.
I usually play like set or two first day. Or sometimes i will play few sets for few days and that's it. Thank god skins and gear for characters that i play are usually lowest tier or bottom 3-4 so it's not that annoying to get them.

For example i got Jade's skin from Season 9, i secured Skarlet's skin and Jade's gear from current season and i am definitely getting D'Vorah skin from next season. I don't care about the rest.

Only thing i am still pissed off about missing are D'Vorah wings from Season 3.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
why do lower tier characters have some of the (generally accepted to be) best skins in The kombat league, , Hell in the game even!?

MKF30

Because I want my money's worth and I really want the skins? I get your point but I don't get how people can defend this shit tbh, not saying you per-se just the shills and people who claim this mode is "enjoyable" lol. The is another obvious solution, NRS can just give us the skins in other modes to unlock? Just a thought. lol

alright look for the best assist then. yayyyy mooore shadow lords -_-

also you need to face my baraka. YOU CANNOT TRASH TALK MY SMILEBOY LIKE THAT
lmao, oh he's ok. I mean he's annoying with his unbreakable bs but he can be zoned out a least lol. :p you're cool though so win or lose, I wouldn't get pissed lol. And that's a great point lol, I've noticed Raiden, Shao Kahn, Skarlet etc have some sweet skins even better question why do they put low tier skins in fucking demi god...lol It's like ok NRS, you already punked my character, now you're just trolling and trying to piss us off even more?

MKF30

I usually play like set or two first day. Or sometimes i will play few sets for few days and that's it. Thank god skins and gear for characters that i play are usually lowest tier or bottom 3-4 so it's not that annoying to get them.

For example i got Jade's skin from Season 9, i secured Skarlet's skin and Jade's gear from current season and i am definitely getting D'Vorah skin from next season. I don't care about the rest.

Only thing i am still pissed off about missing are D'Vorah wings from Season 3.
I have been playing just 5 sets per day this season see how that goes, people claim that's all you need to do and should reach DG but IDK. Normally I play more sets but I hate how it's 5, should be 3 sets since this shit takes forever to find people some days. I'm just praying the Jade tribal skin(Kotal's skin) isn't Demi God level, how much you want to bet they put it there...she had one apprentice, another 10 daily challenge unlocked. Maybe we'll get lucky and they put it it champion at and not DG.

Speaking of which, just thought of an idea to make KL NOT as bad. Give us all the skins at level Master so we can stop playing once we reach if if we want, put the GEAR pieces at GM, DM, God and Elder God....then eventually do krypt KL events over time putting those in there like they have already with a few pieces so far from past KL seasons from like Demi God up.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
From the previous posts in this thread they mention exclusive KL skins being a bad thing. Connection issues that you mention happen in all games previous to this one. You currently can have "good matches" in player match right now. And you can decide who you want to play.

Something like this doesn't make sense for a ranked mode bc the ranking would not mean anything due to cherry picking opponents. Connection issues can also make ranked matches illegitimate but they would be even worse if it operated like player matches.

If you don't like the way the ranked sets are set up how would you design It? I mentioned a Wi-Fi filter would be nice. And being able to select your own ping threshold would be a great addition. But these things never existed in the previous games. So I don't fault kombat league for that stuff. When you boil it down the mode is the same mode for I2 had but with added content.
having some connection issues from time to time vs being forced to play shitty matches which you know will be bad on the matchmaking screen is a huge difference. no you cant, at least not on pc in my region. everyone and his mother jumped on the kombat league train so the waiting times for casual comp are just not worth it to have some quick matches.

you act as if this is some kind of new concept. have you never played any other fighting game before. as i said above each of em at least lets you decide the connection quality and you still see then if its the case before you accept the match. same could be applied here and to avoid cherry picking...i guess you mean that people try to avoid certain people? dont show the playername/infos and that problem is solved.

i would design it like nearly every other dev did it. connection filter is the minimum i expect with the option to decline everything which is above it. hide the playername/infos so that you cant avoid opponents who might just beat you and as a cake on top a region+wifi filter would be nice but i would be already happy with a simple connection filter. thats the sad thing that nr didnt managed to implement such a simple basic feature till now for whatever reason while its considered a basic thing in every other fighting game.

of course its not a combat league only thing, the normal ranked mode works the same just that this time you get some cake for earning online pojnts which leads to everyone playing it just for that...the cake, not the actually ingame experience and you are dragged with em when you want to get some quick matches.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º

of course it is. just because you like the sp stuff or have a easier time with it doesnt mean that there isnt content locked behind these modes and that you have to play it to get the majority of skins. what when i dont give a shit about boring ass singleplayer matches against the ai for countless of hours just to get some skin/gear. why cant i unlock that stuff while i play online against others? its the same scenario just with a different view/reason behind it. on top of that the actually hours you would need to unlock really everything...i for sure know that i will never unlock every skin in the game even with thousand of hours because my fokus is/will be on the mp part.

thats why i said a system which allows you to unlock the stuff you want no matter what mode you play would be the best solution. not even sure whats there to argue about since it would benefit everyone.

MKF30

of course it is. just because you like the sp stuff or have a easier time with it doesnt mean that there isnt content locked behind these modes and that you have to play it to get the majority of skins. what when i dont give a shit about boring ass singleplayer matches against the ai for countless of hours just to get some skin/gear. why cant i unlock that stuff while i play online against others? its the same scenario just with a different view/reason behind it. on top of that the actually hours you would need to unlock really everything...i for sure know that i will never unlock every skin in the game even with thousand of hours because my fokus is/will be on the mp part.

thats why i said a system which allows you to unlock the stuff you want no matter what mode you play would be the best solution. not even sure whats there to argue about since it would benefit everyone.
Yeah but that's also every game with a a single player mode you know? Usually we get rewards or something by doing so modes, story etc for me sure some are boring but then so is kombat league boring ass players countering you with the same broken or typical OP characters etc so to me aside from being frustrating, grindy etc its dull to me. Same shit different day with new players or some cases the same depending on time you go on.

Oh yeah I agree totally I have too said this from the get go with kombat league, why NRS couldn't do this like they did with mk 9 or deception or mk x where ok everything is in the krypt but if you were too busy or didn't want to find everything you could just buy all the skins for one time fee of 25 bucks. Hey to me that's worth it plus it's a win win. They get their money, I get my skins. Simple lol

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Yeah but that's also every game with a a single player mode you know? Usually we get rewards or something by doing so modes, story etc for me sure some are boring but then so is kombat league boring ass players countering you with the same broken or typical OP characters etc so to me aside from being frustrating, grindy etc its dull to me. Same shit different day with new players or some cases the same depending on time you go on.

Oh yeah I agree totally I have too said this from the get go with kombat league, why NRS couldn't do this like they did with mk 9 or deception or mk x where ok everything is in the krypt but if you were too busy or didn't want to find everything you could just buy all the skins for one time fee of 25 bucks. Hey to me that's worth it plus it's a win win. They get their money, I get my skins. Simple lol
Might just be me, but I like the myst style gameplay of mkx's Krypt

MKF30

Might just be me, but I like the myst style gameplay of mkx's Krypt
The GPS view? That was ok. I mean I didn't hate it. The krypt seems to be very different in every mk game. Maybe mk 12 it'll be character oriented like chapters similar to story but each stage is like it's own game similar to deception, armageddon and mk 11 but switching characters or perhaps we can have cars and drive to different areas and do things.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
The GPS view? That was ok. I mean I didn't hate it. The krypt seems to be very different in every mk game. Maybe mk 12 it'll be character oriented like chapters similar to story but each stage is like it's own game similar to deception, armageddon and mk 11 but switching characters or perhaps we can have cars and drive to different areas and do things.
If we have cars, IT BETTER FKING BE THE ORBS FROM THAT MK MOVIE

Zubro

Noob
I like KL. It’s the only mode I play other than practice. I enjoy the competitive aspect in gaming, it gets my heart rate up. I don’t understand the hate tbh. Most of the complaints with this mode seem to revolve around it having exclusive skins. Which I don’t see a problem with. As has been pointed out the SP modes all have exclusive stuff. I just don’t play it b/c I don’t like SP but I’m not upset that it has exclusive rewards. I dont understand the compulsion some people have to unlock everything, for me skins just aren’t important, and I don’t have the time even if I wanted, I just play what I like to play. Life’s too short.
As far as the toxicity is concerned i personally have had worse experiences in casual. No lie. Of course you always get a few asshats but mostly my interactions are positive for example I’ve played 82 sets so far this season and I’ve gotten about 10 messages saying Ggs etc and I’ve had no hate.
I think the real problem with KL is that it’s hard, it’s not a problem per se but it does nothing to help Novice or intermediate players. they are confronted by lots of good players early on and so they drop out. It seems like the average player in KL is probably around the Grandmaster level so if your not there it’s a pretty difficult to keep going. What they need to do is make the seasons much longer so that you can play within your rank. That’s the whole point: to find players at your skill level and enjoy some close sets but the current set up doesn’t allow for that it’s just a bum rush for Demi God. And they need to let you retain ranks for the next season. I think they should combine three seasons of rewards into one long season that lasts from two to three months. And of course wifi filters would be good.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
I like KL. It’s the only mode I play other than practice. I enjoy the competitive aspect in gaming, it gets my heart rate up. I don’t understand the hate tbh. Most of the complaints with this mode seem to revolve around it having exclusive skins. Which I don’t see a problem with. As has been pointed out the SP modes all have exclusive stuff. I just don’t play it b/c I don’t like SP but I’m not upset that it has exclusive rewards. I dont understand the compulsion some people have to unlock everything, for me skins just aren’t important, and I don’t have the time even if I wanted, I just play what I like to play. Life’s too short.
As far as the toxicity is concerned i personally have had worse experiences in casual. No lie. Of course you always get a few asshats but mostly my interactions are positive for example I’ve played 82 sets so far this season and I’ve gotten about 10 messages saying Ggs etc and I’ve had no hate.
I think the real problem with KL is that it’s hard, it’s not a problem per se but it does nothing to help Novice or intermediate players. they are confronted by lots of good players early on and so they drop out. It seems like the average player in KL is probably around the Grandmaster level so if your not there it’s a pretty difficult to keep going. What they need to do is make the seasons much longer so that you can play within your rank. That’s the whole point: to find players at your skill level and enjoy some close sets but the current set up doesn’t allow for that it’s just a bum rush for Demi God. And they need to let you retain ranks for the next season. I think they should combine three seasons of rewards into one long season that lasts from two to three months. And of course wifi filters would be good.
Everyones experiences are different

NappyNuisance

Irritatingly Noir
Kombat League isn't fun because there is no real basis behind it. It's a dressed up ranked mode. Sure it gives you half hearted detail analysis into how each match was played but it's nothing specific. The rules in Kombat have nothing to do with MK in a competitive sense. If Kombat League was meant to be remotely serious they would balance the cast much more often. Kombat League is a placebo for players who probably have no plans to ever invest in the MK tournament scene offline and actually compete. Honestly. I have no idea how to describe Kombat League fully. It's a mess. The most it does is lock players to tournament variations. Whoopty doo

haketh

Noob
KL is just a ranked mode with rewards, that’s it. I don’t get all the crying about it especially seeing how the majority of Skins are in Towers & Krypt. If you don’t like it or Ranked in general just skip out shrug. The only real flaw with it is not being able to deny WiFi connections, fix that & it’s pretty much perfect as far as Ranked Modes go. I’d much rather have some skins I can unlock through KL/Ranked than Single Player content because that engages me more.