What's new

Question Is Green Lantern viable?

Is he top 10 or is he a bill of goods

• Total voters

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Man ether the NyQuil I just took has codine in it and I am seeing this thread in some altered reality. Or this is a great joke thread....

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
For him to be top ten he has to be better than 10 other character. MMH,AM,ZOD,Flash,BM,WW,DS,Zatanna might potentially move up, BA, How many bad match ups does bane have(honestly he rapes most of the cast on knockdown), Superman, KF . IMO Green Lantern isn't better than all of these guys. But to each his own.
Deathstroke isn't even top 10. Black Adam and Killer Frost are also likely not better than Lantern.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Who has more bad match ups death stroke or GL. And even then is there anyone that 7-3s death stroke? Besides maybe flash
It's not just bad matchups. GL has like 4 3-7s, but he also has 7-3s in his favor. And I'm willing to bet he has more matchups in favor of him than DS does in general.

NOTE: I say 4 with uncertainty. All of them could just be hard right now. Personally, there's only one that I even feel is a 3-7 (which you'd be surprised to know).

Last edited:

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Getting out of pools is that important? So if I get out of my pool at a free ass tournament does that make me the best _____ ?

Not really, who did you even beat? either way nightwing isn't unviable. Keep downplaying bro.
I've beaten 7L in tournament settings, and ive had super close sets with rico and kdz. When did i ever say i was the nightwing of america? keep putting words in my mouth bro.

Id rather have made it out of a "free ass pool" then do absolutely nothing like you.

id love to hear why you think nightwing is good, i really would.

JDM

Noob
I've beaten 7L in tournament settings, and ive had super close sets with rico and kdz. When did i ever say i was the nightwing of america? keep putting words in my mouth bro.

Id rather have made it out of a "free ass pool" then do absolutely nothing like you.

id love to hear why you think nightwing is good, i really would.
Done nothing like me? lol okay. I don't play this game like that but I win practically all my locals. Not only that I'm one of if not the best in my region in my respective game, so quiet down.

All I've heard about you is that you've gotten out of pools once in a free ass pool and act like you're great and you think your character is bottom three. You have to be an idiot to believe that.

Nightwing is good because I have been playing a great nightwing since day 1, Nightwing struggles against zoning but once he's in he can go nuts, and he has two different stances to deal with almost any character. Hes not top tier but unviable is laughably wrong.

Pig just got opened up by b1 sooo much for no reason when he wasnt in f3 range. Orochi played that matchup perfectly just because you inn a ft2 doesnt mean the matchup is any better lol

Instead of thinking about tier listing or viability of top 10, let's make it even simpler : Tournament placements in regional or major tourneys.

Is GL viable for top 16 in a tourney? Anyone saying no is living in bizarro land.
Is GL viable for top 8 in a tourney? Anyone saying no is a major downplayer almost worthy of M2Dave - not WoundCowboy's level yet.
Is GL viable for winning a tourney? This one is debatable - I'd say he can win with the right brackets since some of his MUs border the 3-7 disadvantages.

Compare that to Nightwing since he somehow became a major side discussion as well:
Is NW viable for top 16 in a tourney? Anyone saying no is quite a downplayer. Nowhere near the major downplayers like m2dave or woundcowboy tho.
Is NW viable for top 8 in a tourney? This one is debatable, although I think with the right brackets he can eek it in.
Is NW viable for winning a tourney? Anyone saying no is probably 90% right.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Done nothing like me? lol okay. I don't play this game like that but I win practically all my locals. Not only that I'm one of if not the best in my region in my respective game, so quiet down.

All I've heard about you is that you've gotten out of pools once in a free ass pool and act like you're great and you think your character is bottom three. You have to be an idiot to believe that.

Nightwing is good because I have been playing a great nightwing since day 1, Nightwing struggles against zoning but once he's in he can go nuts, and he has two different stances to deal with almost any character. Hes not top tier but unviable is laughably wrong.
I won a 3 man local once, doesn't make me the best player.

Considering I've been to 3 offline events for Injustice ever (NEC, WB, and a Break weekly), and NEC was kinda fucked since my controller broke (I'll still hold going 0-2) but I'm only doing better and better. Once again, I've never honestly thought that I was the best NW. I may have said it on here but it's sarcastic. If I gave that vibe I apologize.

IMO he's bottom 10, and he'll only drop farther as the game goes on.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Couple things:

I have always liked how people immediately blame "lack of MU knowledge" whenever a character like GL or NW beats anyone. It's never that the players of their characters are very good and know their mains inside and out.

Second, I think we've seen that GL us definitely viable. He has some mobility problems, but its not like he has NO TOOLS or anything. You have to respect the space control of b1/lift.