What's new

Question Is Green Lantern viable?

Is he top 10 or is he a bill of goods

• Total voters

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I'm torn. My main is Sinestro but Green Lantern is my back up. I have Green Lantern at #11 on my tier list. He is very balanced and has an answer to ever combat situation. The only 2 things that barely keep him out of top 10 for me is that he is a jack of all trades character; good at everything but specializes in nothing. Second he has to use meter and trait to get damage (meaning he is very meter dependent).without meter he can't do good damage.

However, is he tournament viable...hell yes!!!

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
i dabble with NW :)
and for the record i dont think GL is horrible he just isnt top 10 and that isnt debatable
NO ORDER
1. MMH
2. Aquaman
3. Batgirl
4. Zod
5. Superman
6. Batman
7. Flash
8. Wonder Woman
9. Black Adam
10.take your pick between Bane, Raven (who apparently only has 3 bad MU's), and Doomsday, maybe Sinestro too but him and GL are close
i guess you can try to make an argument for #10 but i dont think he's better than Bane lol

im not saying GL is terrible or bottom tier but how could he be top 10? who in there is he decisively better than? the upplayers say he has at LEAST 6 bad matchups (i say its more but thats another topic lol)
sometimes im downplaying but you guys upplay ALOT too. no im not terrible with the character im just aware that he's very average, he is capable but he's at disadvantage alot of the time. are there worse characters? obivously but dont be delusional and think GL is some god then play a decent Raven or Sinestro and realize how big of a deal mobility is lol
I like your tier list but with the new patch I think Superman is a little to high; I don't think he is top five.

Also, in my humble opinion Sinestro is absolutely top 10. When his trait is out he is tied with MMH for the best character in the game. The only thing that prevents Sinestro from being broken is that he has to charge trait. If Sinestro was like Zod and had a recharging trait it would be between him and MMH for the best character.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
I like your tier list but with the new patch I think Superman is a little to high; I don't think he is top five.

Also, in my humble opinion Sinestro is absolutely top 10. When his trait is out he is tied with MMH for the best character in the game. The only thing that prevents Sinestro from being broken is that he has to charge trait. If Sinestro was like Zod and had a recharging trait it would be between him and MMH for the best character.
well Frost just jumpedinto the top tier since she has broken tech, i didnt have them in a specific order on my list the top tiers (top 8) could all be jumped excpet mmh is #1
id say GL is around 13 - 15th range
supes,bats, mmh, aqua, ww, flash, zod, babs, frost, adam, raven, bane, sinestro - 13 characters that are better, i guess you can argue bane? but the rest are just better.
then maybe dd, then gl - gl might be ahead of doomsday so 14th or 15th best. not a bad or useless character just mid tier