What's new

Is Catwoman Dead Now?

Is catwoman dead?

• Yes, nerf guns fired too hard

• No, she's still top tier

Results are only viewable after voting.
I actually could give two shits about my image, I'm just trying to have a discussion with a bunch of people who are so caught up in their own stubborn dispositions that they wont be open to the idea that NRS fucked up. How the fuck can you be pretentious on an online community of FGC players anyway? jesus
Look, no one is gonna take your opinion seriously if u were quick to jump to conclusions about characters BEFORE actually testing out the characters after patch. That’s what I meant by “image”.

33 is -1, 2D2 is plus 1, this character's pressure did get nerfed, but it's still there

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might
33 is -1 yeah but the only reason it was a viable stagger was because the followup was a safe overhead launcher. Now it's a punishable overhead knockdown, and there is legit no reason you would hold shit after s33 if they're staggering it, because if they let it rock it's a full punish for you. So s33 is some bullshit now

33 is -1 yeah but the only reason it was a viable stagger was because the followup was a safe overhead launcher. Now it's a punishable overhead knockdown, and there is legit no reason you would hold shit after s33 if they're staggering it, because if they let it rock it's a full punish for you. So s33 is some bullshit now
Does 33B2 have a gap?

Error

DF2+R2
Yea for example 113 trait is now like +19 instead of +22, what a huge nerf :DOGE
(i don't know actual frame data, i'm just making bad jokes)
It's +10 now down from like +26 lol, they also changed 113's cancel adv to make it less.
Anyways he was and still is one of the fairer top tiers in this game and overall compared to top tiers in every other NRS game.
I think F12 trait is was something like +16 so you're right.

Or at least one string into trait was +16 so yeah. He's good now.
It was +6 now it's +3. I think 13 was +16.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Don't act like you're on a moral high ground here, you're the one who suggested I was "everything that's wrong with TYM". If you're gonna throw out cheap shots, don't expect to not get them back. I literally just said that my OP was not a legitimate evaluation of the character, which is why i fucking asked this community their opinions. At this moment, I don't think she's low tier. I think she's mid tier and probably not top 10. Everyone is downplaying the fuck out of the importance of her b3, s33b2, and 1f2. Aside from f1, b2, and her BD, those were her Bread and Butter. If you nerf the shit out of 3 out of a character's 6 most important tools, I would say that's completely rational grounds for the character to move down a tier list.
Might want to talk to some competent players who play her and figure out what you're doing wrong. This back-and-forth is going nowhere, it's toxic and completely pointless.
The character is not dead. By design it's a very good rushdown character with insane reach.

Might want to talk to some competent players who play her and figure out what you're doing wrong. This back-and-forth is going nowhere, it's toxic and completely pointless.
The character is not dead. By design it's a very good rushdown character with insane reach.
Dope little backhanded advice there. I'm doing fine with CW post patch, not feeling as though "im doing something wrong". I just know based off of her changes that she's moved down significantly in power rankings

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Dope little backhanded advice there. I'm doing fine with CW post patch, not feeling as though "im doing something wrong". I just know based off of her changes that she's moved down significantly in power rankings
Hey bro, I'm just curious and don't get offended or anything. Would you consider yourself a high level player?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Hey bro, I'm just curious and don't get offended or anything. Would you consider yourself a high level player?

Depends on what you base it on. If it's like your record or something my ranked sets record is like 1000-200. If it's who you've played against, I've played against a lot of pros/semi-pros. I would say I'm high-level, and I'm always happy to let anyone challenge that opinion

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Depends on what you base it on. If it's like your record or something my ranked sets record is like 1000-200. If it's who you've played against, I've played against a lot of pros/semi-pros. I would say I'm high-level, and I'm always happy to let anyone challenge that opinion
Have you fully grinded out all of the adjustments made to your character and how she functions thoroughly in every single MU before coming up with your opinion of her drastic drop in the tier list?

Also, if you are looking to play I would be for sure down to run a set with you. I use joker.

PSN: Vengeance135

Have you fully grinded out all of the adjustments made to your character and how she functions thoroughly in every single MU before coming up with your opinion of her drastic drop in the tier list?

Also, if you are looking to play I would be for sure down to run a set with you. I use joker.

PSN: Vengeance135

I wouldn't say I've done so to an incredibly thorough end, but I have considered it pretty heavily. So many of her matchups change, and areas where she was capable to overcome certain obstacles are now totally adjusted. I would like to see how things turn out in the tournament setting but i'm pretty confident in my evaluation. I'll try to add you on PSN later though

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I just know based off of her changes that she's moved down significantly in power rankings
This is the most important part of our conversation so I'll take this first.

Yeah, she's moved down in power. She was overperforming, she got normalised.
She'll perform under the margin where she previously performed but that's the POINT of a NERF.
This was necessary, because she was breaking the game on multiple levels.

They had two ways to go about it: either buff everyone else, or nerf Catwoman and Supergirl. Sadly, they probably weren't going to do extra work when they can solve things the easy way.

Please understand, tier placements are NEVER cemented and her being in a tier of her own had to be fixed. Tanya in mkx had the same issue that Catwoman is having, and Tanya got hit way harder than this. Every top player dropped her, yet according to pretty much everyone, Tanya was still fine.
It's early to judge, though. Catwoman very much still might be a force to contend with. Wait and see.

Dope little backhanded advice there.
I'm not sure what "backhanded" means. I'm guessing you took offence. I'm sorry if you did. At the same time I feel you're missing some crucial information about the character, or you're such a zealous loyalist that you disregard the fact that this character NEEDED those changes.

I've mained bottom tier before and I've done everything in my power to raise awareness to how bad that character was. Sadly, this community does not take kindly to character loyalism where you want to win matches by crying tiers.

I'm doing fine with CW post patch, not feeling as though "im doing something wrong".
Then go and do fine with her instead of arguing on a forum. And if you end up not doing fine with her, you can always pick up another character.

What you're doing in this thread is unwarranted, unnecessary, causes you stress and makes you look 5 levels lower in skill than you probably are. You aren't going to get her buffed, you aren't going to get sympathy and you definitely aren't making any friends here with this attitude.
This is known as the Nerfwhine.
Cut it out.

This is the most important part of our conversation so I'll take this first.

Yeah, she's moved down in power. She was overperforming, she got normalised.
She'll perform under the margin where she previously performed but that's the POINT of a NERF.
This was necessary, because she was breaking the game on multiple levels.

They had two ways to go about it: either buff everyone else, or nerf Catwoman and Supergirl. Sadly, they probably weren't going to do extra work when they can solve things the easy way.

Please understand, tier placements are NEVER cemented and her being in a tier of her own had to be fixed. Tanya in mkx had the same issue that Catwoman is having, and Tanya got hit way harder than this. Every top player dropped her, yet according to pretty much everyone, Tanya was still fine.
It's early to judge, though. Catwoman very much still might be a force to contend with. Wait and see.

I'm not sure what "backhanded" means. I'm guessing you took offence. I'm sorry if you did. At the same time I feel you're missing some crucial information about the character, or you're such a zealous loyalist that you disregard the fact that this character NEEDED those changes.

I've mained bottom tier before and I've done everything in my power to raise awareness to how bad that character was. Sadly, this community does not take kindly to character loyalism where you want to win matches by crying tiers.

Then go and do fine with her instead of arguing on a forum. And if you end up not doing fine with her, you can always pick up another character.

What you're doing in this thread is unwarranted, unnecessary, causes you stress and makes you look 5 levels lower in skill than you probably are. You aren't going to get her buffed, you aren't going to get sympathy and you definitely aren't making any friends here with this attitude.
This is known as the Nerfwhine.
Cut it out.
This! Aquaman was probably as good if not better than Swamp Thing, but because he was previously really good, people whined when he got nerfed, thus he got buffed. Swamp Thing players were fine with him, because he used to be garbage, so they were content with him being decent, they didn't whine for buffs, thus he didn't get buffed this time. People refuse to adapt to changes in their character

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
This! Aquaman was probably as good if not better than Swamp Thing, but because he was previously really good, people whined when he got nerfed, thus he got buffed. Swamp Thing players were fine with him, because he used to be garbage, so they were content with him being decent, they didn't whine for buffs, this he didn't get buffed this time
NRS has statistics to base their changes on. People whining isn't going to get a character buffed. If you want your character to get buffs, play the character and play it a LOT in its losing matchups, so that when they look at statistics, they see the issue.

NRS has statistics to base their changes on. People whining isn't going to get a character buffed. If you want your character to get buffs, play the character and play it a LOT in its losing matchups, so that when they look at statistics, they see the issue.
You're right, but wasn't firestorm an exception?