What's new

Question Is Batgirl Top 5?

Is batgirl in the top 5 best Injustice characters

• Yes, definitely

Votes: 115 72.3%
  • Perhaps, she could be but it's not certain

Votes: 34 21.4%
  • No, there are at least 5 characters better than her.

Votes: 10 6.3%

• Total voters

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
This thread quickly became a downplaying thread. My honest opinion on Batgirl, if she had received any buffs whatsoever she would be in Martians league. The fact that she lacks certain things is what makes her fair, to most players, in this game that use her. All she needs is one hit, ONE HIT and thats it. She could have bad MUs but lets be honest, outside of Aquaman who has trait, she has the potential to one hit KO anyone. I'm not going to bother talking about her tools because that will lead to a conversation of salt from the people who don't use her and downplayers that do use her saying well she doesnt have this or that. She is definitely top 5, where in top 5 idk. Any character that can convert almost any hit she lands into an unreactable vortex that pushes you to the corner quickly for 50+% or potential 50+% combo is definitely in top 5 just off that alone. Now add the tools that she DOES have and you have one hell of a strong character that can care less about her health bar because she just needs one hit and a silver bar lead turns into a fight for your opponents life. You want truly bad MUs start playing the Joker and you'll see how amazing Batgirl is.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
This thread quickly became a downplaying thread. My honest opinion on Batgirl, if she had received any buffs whatsoever she would be in Martians league. The fact that she lacks certain things is what makes her fair, to most players, in this game that use her. All she needs is one hit, ONE HIT and thats it. She could have bad MUs but lets be honest, outside of Aquaman who has trait, she has the potential to one hit KO anyone. I'm not going to bother talking about her tools because that will lead to a conversation of salt from the people who don't use her and downplayers that do use her saying well she doesnt have this or that. She is definitely top 5, where in top 5 idk. Any character that can convert almost any hit she lands into an unreactable vortex that pushes you to the corner quickly for 50+% or potential 50+% combo is definitely in top 5 just off that alone. Now add the tools that she DOES have and you have one hell of a strong character that can care less about her health bar because she just needs one hit and a silver bar lead turns into a fight for your opponents life. You want truly bad MUs start playing the Joker and you'll see how amazing Batgirl is.
Ok the fact you think we downplay Batgirl is amusing because we don't. All we've done is state facts about the flaws in her game (which she does have by the way whether people take advantage of them or not, we've clearly laid them out for you in several threads and videos) but we haven't said she's below top 5 or that her tools in general aren't good. We KNOW the vortex has the potential to kill, we KNOW her corner damage is insane, but we've put out videos and threads for example explaining how to avoid the overhead versions and PL just put up a vid telling you how you can block all the options of cartwheel. WE KNOW SHE'S TOP 5 so stop assuming we downplay ok? If you want a downplaying community try the Nightwings :DOGE

Also Joker vs BG is arguably 5-5 so....

Error

DF2+R2
Batgirl's fatest poke is a 7f high. BA has a 6f d1 that's -1 on block. D1~palpatine is -2 on block with pushback. Most of BA strings leave him at advantage or only a few minus frames. Batgirl does have the 6f bat uppercut but that's really unsafe. BA does everything Batgirl can do up close but faster and safer.
There's a gap between d1xlightning storm, she can DP through it or just MBB3 like everyone else. BA is a bill post patch since he's very meter dependent and everything he does is death on whiff.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
How is it not functioning as poke? If you're trying to interrupt something, one of the best options is to poke.
... you my friend are not very wise

thats like saying yo ermac has lift as a poke! its godlike lifts them for full combos, but in return he recieves 30-40% combos for throwing it out and the opponent blocks. thats not legit fundamentals sorry, sure if you have a solid read go for it but its probably not the best idea to just be throwing it out.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
There's a gap between d1xlightning storm, she can DP through it or just MBB3 like everyone else. BA is a bill post patch since he's very meter dependent and everything he does is death on whiff.
He's still better up close. So if you know she's going to DP just d1 and block and blow up the DP. It's not like there's no answer for DP's. just bait and punish like every other fighting game.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
@Pan1cMode, I think there's a very key character you're missing from the top 5 discussion. Bane has got to be in there. The character is just plain old fashioned broken now.

On that note, personally I don't think batgirl is top 5. Top 10? Absolutely. But IMO top 5 are

Aquaman
MMH
Bane
Flash
WW or Zod. Can't decide on the last spot.

Edit: lol I just realized this thread was bumped

Mod Edit: By a one-word post that has been deleted for being simply worthless.
BG is top 5. My post above was made more than 3 months ago.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
@Youphemism
Reread the thread to my response then my post to understand what I'm saying. Also Joker RARELY has a favorable MU and is way harder to use then BG and I would gladly make that BG/Joker MU argument when that MU comes in the discussion thread. Also another thing you failed to understand in my post was that her MUs are far more favorable then Jokers hence REAL bad MUs which is what I was implying when i said that. All she needs is a hit. I also see that this thread is hella old as stated in which I state my apologies to the downplaying from March :joker:

Error

DF2+R2
He's still better up close. So if you know she's going to DP just d1 and block and blow up the DP. It's not like there's no answer for DP's. just bait and punish like every other fighting game.
Then that hesitation is enough for her to take over the pressure situation, and if she goes for b3/f3 instead she is at advantage. And lbsh, no one is afraid of 10% damage from d1 jazz hands. This match is not difficult for Batgirl, she controls the pace.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
@Youphemism
Reread the thread to my response then my post to understand what I'm saying. Also Joker RARELY has a favorable MU and is way harder to use then BG and I would gladly make that BG/Joker MU argument when that MU comes in the discussion thread. Also another thing you failed to understand in my post was that her MUs are far more favorable then Jokers hence REAL bad MUs which is what I was implying when i said that. All she needs is a hit. I also see that this thread is hella old as stated in which I state my apologies to the downplaying from March :joker:
Batgirl vs Joker is 5-5. I think I have the most joker experience out of any batgirl.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Batgirl vs Joker is 5-5. I think I have the most joker experience out of any batgirl.
You can definitely have your opinion on the MU based on who you have played. I have my opinion on the MU based on the wealth of BG's I've played and the labbing I have done also. If you want when we have the MU discussion in our thread I will tag you and we can definitely discuss it then for sure bro

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Pan1cMode post: 1302599 said:
But the question should be asked, what MUs does BM lose? Besides AM I can't think of any. BG has at least 2 losing MUs which would mean he should be placed higher than her. Do you see my logic?
Batman loses to Martian Zod Aquaman and possibly Green Lantern. I dont think he beats Batgirl, probably 5-5. Also Batman doesn't beat anyone 7-3, any matchups Batman wins are 6-4 and he probably only wins like eight or nine matchups

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Batman loses to Martian Zod Aquaman and possibly Green Lantern. I dont think he beats Batgirl, probably 5-5. Also Batman doesn't beat anyone 7-3, any matchups Batman wins are 6-4 and he probably only wins like eight or nine matchups
You do realise that post is over 4 months old yes? Back when you agreed that BM beat BG and had Zod, and GL and MMH as even?

I still think BM vs. BG is challenging for BG. He controls space much more effectively than her and his damage output isn't that far off. His ability to maintain pressure and force her to make risky reads tilts the MU in his favour.

I don't even know why this thread was necroed.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
?

Still stand by what I said in this thread actually. Still feel she is in the top 5 convo, loses to Aqua and probably MMH. Might lose to Batman. The only thing different is that I think she might be at slight disadvantage against Frost, but it is pretty much even so the slight really doesn't matter.

Hold dat.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
How is Wonder Woman even considered Top 5?

She has got pain in the ass match ups Aquaman, Zod, Sinestro, Lex Luthor, Martian Manhunter and even her 5-5's she has to work her booty to win fair.

Without a doubt, Batgirl is Top 5 don't think anybody can argue about it. 50/50 mix ups, meter building, anti-zoning, corner damage, mind games, great wake ups.

Well I disagree... it is a poke and its on par, if not better than the pokes you mentioned above. Just because a move is unsafe does not mean that it's not good. A good fighting game player is one that can finds ways to abuse the tools that he has. Yes you can be punished for it, but some times you have to take the risk. The move is probably one of the most underrated in IGAU... it blows up characters even if they are on + frames. (Dependent on how + they are).
Poke - A poke is generally a quick attack that is done to hit an opponent from just about the maximum range that specific move will allow, generally done as a single attack to accomplish any of the following things (sometimes more than one): to stuff an opponent's current attack, even one of their own pokes; to create distance between the two players; to deal "safe", unpunishable damage.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
?

Still stand by what I said in this thread actually. Still feel she is in the top 5 convo, loses to Aqua and probably MMH. Might lose to Batman. The only thing different is that I think she might be at slight disadvantage against Frost, but it is pretty much even so the slight really doesn't matter.

Hold dat.
Talk to Sonic about her losing to Aqua and BM. She should be unquestionably Top 5 by now.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Talk to Sonic about her losing to Aqua and BM. She should be unquestionably Top 5 by now.
Just cause he beats Aquaman doesn't mean she beats Aquaman. Give the player some credit. I think that most BG players disagree with Fox on that MU and I still do.

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
... you my friend are not very wise

thats like saying yo ermac has lift as a poke! its godlike lifts them for full combos, but in return he recieves 30-40% combos for throwing it out and the opponent blocks. thats not legit fundamentals sorry, sure if you have a solid read go for it but its probably not the best idea to just be throwing it out.
Ermac's lift isn't 6 frames.

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
Poke - A poke is generally a quick attack that is done to hit an opponent from just about the maximum range that specific move will allow, generally done as a single attack to accomplish any of the following things (sometimes more than one): to stuff an opponent's current attack, even one of their own pokes; to create distance between the two players; to deal "safe", unpunishable damage.
It can be used in place of a poke. That was my whole argument.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Just cause he beats Aquaman doesn't mean she beats Aquaman. Give the player some credit. I think that most BG players disagree with Fox on that MU and I still do.
Seems like he should be allowed to disagree though, given that he's actually beating the AM's :)