What's new

Question Is Batgirl Top 5?

Is batgirl in the top 5 best Injustice characters

• Yes, definitely

Votes: 115 72.3%
  • Perhaps, she could be but it's not certain

Votes: 34 21.4%
  • No, there are at least 5 characters better than her.

Votes: 10 6.3%

• Total voters

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I'm genuinely curious as to what the community's opinion is on this. Do you believe BG is in the top 5 of best IGAU characters? Personally I feel she faces some stiff competition for her spot from the following characters;

- MMH
- AM
- BM
- WW
- Zod
- Flash

I feel what could potentially keep her from being top 5 are her MU numbers. She doesn't have the same 7-3s seen by most of those mentioned here (in fact the only arguable 7-3 she faces is 7-3 AM) and she does have two concrete bad MUs (BM and AM, two common characters) and another arguably bad MU (MMH). Compare this to MMH, BM, AM, WW, Flash or Zod (I actually think BG and Zod should occupy the same place though so there's that).

The reason I think so many people see her as godlike is because it's easy to get frustrated from guessing wrong and to think the opponent has the advantage in an even MU.

Anyways, this is not a BG downplay thread, I'm honestly curious what the TYM community thinks.

Hades

Noob
I think shes top 5 for sure. She has a lot of crazy set ups, vortexes and arguably the best wake up in the game. Also her corner game is fucked up. Honestly i think shes better than flash, WW and batman and takes the 4th or 5th spot. But then again what do i know im just a scrub

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
If Aquaman is her only losing match-up, it's possible.

It's funny, because Aquaman is also Batman's only losing match-up.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
If Aquaman is her only losing match-up, it's possible.

It's funny, because Aquaman is also Batman's only losing match-up.
AM is not her only losing MU. It's generally agreed she looses to BM to and could be argued that she loses to MMH.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Nah batman isn't top 5, his wakeups are crap and that's the main reason most don't consider him top 5. If you get some sort of pressure going on him then he's probably done

But on the point of this thread, Batgirl is
But the question should be asked, what MUs does BM lose? Besides AM I can't think of any. BG has at least 2 losing MUs which would mean he should be placed higher than her. Do you see my logic?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
AM is not her only losing MU. It's generally agreed she looses to BM to and could be argued that she loses to MMH.
Yeah and I think BA and GA are slightly out of her favor. Some other MU's seem like really tough 5-5's like Flash, Sinestro, WW, Superman, GL. She struggles against the top tiers which is why I would place her just outside of the top 5.

VOR

Noob
I said yeah and think she'll get better in her tougher match ups. I see a few strategies coming for those in the future. Atlered combos, jump 3's instead of 2's for aqua man, setups to make those happen, etc.

usbigboy

You weren't on frame bro
Lol batmans not top 5 Cause of his wake ups really? the character has like under 2 bad mus n can easily beat the best characters except aqua how could u say that, he bodies supes Adam does well against Martian, zod, sinestro.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Lol batmans not top 5 Cause of his wake ups really? the character has like under 2 bad mus n can easily beat the best characters except aqua how could u say that, he bodies supes Adam does well against Martian, zod, sinestro.
He doesn't "easily" beat them, his block pressure has holes in it and he just cant keep characters down like other characters like Batgirl can. I'm pretty sure the last hit of b23 is dashable, which can set you up for a punish, his zoning isn't impeccable, his wakeups suck so if he's knocked down he's blocking whatevers next or the opponent can block/stuff the wakeup. Yes he has good mobility but if he abuses double jump he's getting punished.
Batgirl has better wakeups, better pressure, a meterless vortex compared to batman having to use a bar, and even though shes cheap as hell she gets the job done if your reactions are on point (I main BG but also play a bit of batman)

IMO

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yeah and I think BA and GA are slightly out of her favor. Some other MU's seem like really tough 5-5's like Flash, Sinestro, WW, Superman, GL. She struggles against the top tiers which is why I would place her just outside of the top 5.
BG completely counters his zoning and completely shuts down any air control and has a way to open up Adam while he only has one when he's traited up.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
BG completely counters his zoning and completely shuts down any air control and has a way to open up Adam while he only has one when he's traited up.
This is also the reason I feel BG vs GL is in BGs favour

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Batgirl can't compete up close but that's where she needs to be. Once BA has the lead, he can play keep away and charge trait. It's an uphill battle for her.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Batgirl can't compete up close but that's where she needs to be. Once BA has the lead, he can play keep away and charge trait. It's an uphill battle for her.
Up close it's even. Batgirl has her vortex and faster but shorter moves. That's why it's only disadvantage because she controls every other place.

BA will not kill you with 7 traits a round, he needs to hit you as well since he can't zone.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Up close it's even. Batgirl has her vortex and faster but shorter moves.
Batgirl's fatest poke is a 7f high. BA has a 6f d1 that's -1 on block. D1~palpatine is -2 on block with pushback. Most of BA strings leave him at advantage or only a few minus frames. Batgirl does have the 6f bat uppercut but that's really unsafe. BA does everything Batgirl can do up close but faster and safer.

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
Batgirl's fatest poke is a 7f high. BA has a 6f d1 that's -1 on block. D1~palpatine is -2 on block with pushback. Most of BA strings leave him at advantage or only a few minus frames. Batgirl does have the 6f bat uppercut but that's really unsafe. BA does everything Batgirl can do up close but faster and safer.
Her fastest poke is Flying Bat. SonicFox is able to grasp this concept, that's why he's able to place so high with his so called "yolo" play style.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Her fastest poke is Flying Bat. SonicFox is able to grasp this concept, that's why he's able to place so high with his so called "yolo" play style.
Sonicfox claimed that half his flying bats were missed inputs.

Flying bat is a pretty risky poke. It's completely combo punishable on block and on whiff.

Sure, I use it to interrupt stuff all the time but that's not really functioning as a poke per-se.

RexyWrecks

Sonicfox claimed that half his flying bats were missed inputs.

Flying bat is a pretty risky poke. It's completely combo punishable on block and on whiff.

Sure, I use it to interrupt stuff all the time but that's not really functioning as a poke per-se.
I disagree.

RexyWrecks

What about my statement do you disagree with?

That it's risky? That it's completely combo punishble on block and whiff?
How is it not functioning as poke? If you're trying to interrupt something, one of the best options is to poke.