What's new

Question Is Batgirl Top 5?

Is batgirl in the top 5 best Injustice characters

• Yes, definitely

Votes: 115 72.3%
  • Perhaps, she could be but it's not certain

Votes: 34 21.4%
  • No, there are at least 5 characters better than her.

Votes: 10 6.3%

• Total voters

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
blows up counter pokes on a read IMO. then you can convert into MB and back into the vortex.
I couldn't have said it better myself. It's the equivalent of a DP in street fighter, risky but it can lead to big damage (FADC Ultra).

Batgirl's fatest poke is a 7f high. BA has a 6f d1 that's -1 on block. D1~palpatine is -2 on block with pushback. Most of BA strings leave him at advantage or only a few minus frames. Batgirl does have the 6f bat uppercut but that's really unsafe. BA does everything Batgirl can do up close but faster and safer.
You can have huge life lead on Batgirl but if she opens you up which she will eventually she brings you to the corner and takes 54% into more mixups that lead into huge damage. No lead is safe

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
She is in the top 5 conversation I think, I do not think she is top 5 for sure. IMO she probably loses to Aquaman (for sure), Batman, and MMH. It is very hard for BG to do much if the Batman player has really good bat management. MMH has more than enough tools to deal with her.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
How is it not functioning as poke? If you're trying to interrupt something, one of the best options is to poke.
It's not a poke in the sense that SM f2, GL b1, AM b1 or HG d1 are. It's a great tool, but it's hella risky, Sonicfox got blown up in his WB sets because he used it way to frequently and got severely punished for it. You can't always chuck it out, you have to make reads. In general up close she has little to maintain block pressure and if they guess correctly she has to hold whatever comes next

She's better than WW, Flash and Batman imo. Probably better than Aquaman as well.
What makes her better than BM? He has much better MUs than her. Flash also has better MUs than her as does AM. (I can't comment on WW I don't know enough about her) It's very well and good to say she has all these tools, look how good she is (I agree she's amazing) but when those tools stack up against the rest of the high tier and she still has a worse MU spread than 5 other people, can she really be considered top 5?

You can have huge life lead on Batgirl but if she opens you up which she will eventually she brings you to the corner and takes 54% into more mixups that lead into huge damage. No lead is safe
SM can do the same but his corner mixups do more damage. BM can also do the same. WW does the same too. Flash as well. Her corner game is strong, but no more so than the majority of the top tier.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Yeah she definitely has one of the best comeback factors in the game. 1 touch and you are getting carried towards the corner and you have to escape from jail.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I think its 5-5 personally lol BM vs Aqua
HomeLee, you're a top Batman whereas I am not.

I want to be a believer, sir. I do. I just don't see how it could be even. AM has better footsies, controls space better, can defend from our offense with trait, d1, trident rush, and d2 very well, and does a LOT of damage. I don't know, man. Convince me. Please.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
What does the Batgirl vs. Bane match look like?
@Doombawkz says it's even and I'm inclined to believe him. Although personally I'd accept 6-4 BG since I've never had any trouble in this MU at all.

It looks like cartwheels lots and lots of cartwheels...
BG can't wakeup cartwheel against Bane at all. Cartwheel in neutral is ok, but on whiff it gets blown up and if it's blocked we have to deal with the DP/BP/D1/D2 mindgame.

I think he might even be able to armour through the gap although I haven't tested that myself. He can always back dash it though.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
with green lantern I sympathize. This is a matchup you have to play and play and play 1000 games before it begins to feel somewhat tolerable.
Yea, can't zone and jumping from anywhere on screen is a risk. It's definitely an annoying MU.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
@Doombawkz says it's even and I'm inclined to believe him. Although personally I'd accept 6-4 BG since I've never had any trouble in this MU at all.

BG can't wakeup cartwheel against Bane at all. Cartwheel in neutral is ok, but on whiff it gets blown up and if it's blocked we have to deal with the DP/BP/D1/D2 mindgame.

I think he might even be able to armour through the gap although I haven't tested that myself. He can always back dash it though.
Bane has to be on point to be able to blow up wake up cartwheel, so it is possible to get up off the ground sometimes.

RM Truth

I've always thought that she is # 5. She just has a couple of MUs where she has to work hard in against characters with good footsies and anti air options. White Boi convinced me that DD has the potential to be a bad MU as well.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Bane has to be on point to be able to blow up wake up cartwheel, so it is possible to get up off the ground sometimes.
Oh, I know. She has better getup options against Bane than most (db3, df2, back dash). He just said that the MU was all cartwheels and I disagreed.

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
It's not a poke in the sense that SM f2, GL b1, AM b1 or HG d1 are.
Well I disagree... it is a poke and its on par, if not better than the pokes you mentioned above. Just because a move is unsafe does not mean that it's not good. A good fighting game player is one that can finds ways to abuse the tools that he has. Yes you can be punished for it, but some times you have to take the risk. The move is probably one of the most underrated in IGAU... it blows up characters even if they are on + frames. (Dependent on how + they are).

HomeLee, you're a top Batman whereas I am not.

I want to be a believer, sir. I do. I just don't see how it could be even. AM has better footsies, controls space better, can defend from our offense with trait, d1, trident rush, and d2 very well, and does a LOT of damage. I don't know, man. Convince me. Please.
Ill just pm you when i get home lol

RM Truth

She loses to MMH, Doomsday, Batman, Aquaman, WW, and KF. That's 6 bad Matchups. Most characters in the top 5 conversation only have a couple of bad matchups.
I've never understood the reasoning for her losing to Batman. That MU always seemed even to me.