What's new

Interrupt-able Strings and Commands

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
11f1 on a crouching opponent is interrupt-able I believe. because the 2nd 1 whiffs... I've been flip kicked out of that string in Cage mirrors

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
Seriously? Like 114 can be interrupted?

Never knew cyrax and Shang had interrupt-able strings
I posted about this months ago, hope this helps:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/shang-tsungs-strings-are-godlike.12736/

Thing is, it's not only frame data, but positioning and collision box size. Small hitbox characters have an easier time using pokes to interrupt strings. I think that some interruptable strings jail on stand-block(happens with shang), and since the fastest overhead in the game is 11f (noob's retarded shadow tackle) or 15f (smoke's b2), you can fuzzy guard most of the times. Crouch blocking is allpowerful.

Another thing, on some strings you can crossup safely (like shang's b1,2,1 or most of sonya's strings) if you're crouch blocking, so there you go people, Poking Kombat.

Things you could easily interrupt with(I repeat, specially crouch blocking):
D1
D3
Subzero's D4 and alike
Smoke's EX shake
Jade's ex glow
Instant armor specials (shang's Ex ss for example)
Regular armor specials (input window is smaller, but plausible. Example: Kabal's EX nomad dash. And you can even cancel it to start the combo with b1,2,1)
Fast uppercut (Sektor's, Sonya's, Nightwolf's, etc)
Reptile's dash
Kung Lao's spin (been suggesting this for ages)
Kung lao's xray
Johnny Cage's ex nutpunch
Johnny cage's xray
Raiden's teleport (? gotta recheck)

This algo changes from special to special. One thing people should take into consideration (specially with Kung Lao) is to only interrupt strings that leave at -6f or more on block. A smart opponent shouldn't use the dial-in MK9 system, and would rather stop the string on the gap in order to block the spin (or d1 or w/e) and punish the spin (d1 is -12 at best on block) with full combo.

Flagg

Noob
How fast is Nightwolfs reflect?

I ask because is it quick enough to use on characters like Cage or Sub Zero that cancel their strings into projectiles?

EDIT: Well i've seen that like CSZ parry, reflect is 1 frame on start up. Would this work on a cage using ex projectile for a frame trap?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Pig Of The Hut
so this is what i found when testing d3 like you mentioned against kabal dash/ex dash..

from standing:
at touching distance while ndcing or just a raw dash a d3 would beat both,less times on ex dash though, i feel when i was beating this it was more to do with when u hit a armored move on the 1st frame the armor can be dodgy.
at two dashs away(barakas dash) i could d3 him out of both aswell as spin(7frame), trying to spin on reaction any closer than this i found near impossible,any further than double dash distance kabal could see me spinning ndc and blow me up

from wakeup:
d3 would beat dash,i would hit d3 the moment i seen kabal leaning back and it did the job, i could not get this to work on ex dash.
however with ex dash(i posted this good while ago in baraka forum)while it invovles baraka im sure other char could use the same method....at the distance your opp is left from getting hit from a charge(about double dash distance) ex dash armor along with the wake up inv frames would wear out before kabal would reach you, so u could safely just spin kabal when see the dash starting, theres also another method of doing a charge then going straight into chop chop and since kabal players love to ex dash anything they see already active if the opp ex dashs he will end up in the chop chop,of course if he throws a saw your going to eat it

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Pig Of The Hut
so this is what i found when testing d3 like you mentioned against kabal dash/ex dash..

from standing:
at touching distance while ndcing or just a raw dash a d3 would beat both,less times on ex dash though, i feel when i was beating this it was more to do with when u hit a armored move on the 1st frame the armor can be dodgy.
at two dashs away(barakas dash) i could d3 him out of both aswell as spin(7frame), trying to spin on reaction any closer than this i found near impossible,any further than double dash distance kabal could see me spinning ndc and blow me up

from wakeup:
d3 would beat dash,i would hit d3 the moment i seen kabal leaning back and it did the job, i could not get this to work on ex dash.
however with ex dash(i posted this good while ago in baraka forum)while it invovles baraka im sure other char could use the same method....at the distance your opp is left from getting hit from a charge(about double dash distance) ex dash armor along with the wake up inv frames would wear out before kabal would reach you, so u could safely just spin kabal when see the dash starting, theres also another method of doing a charge then going straight into chop chop and since kabal players love to ex dash anything they see already active if the opp ex dashs he will end up in the chop chop,of course if he throws a saw your going to eat it
excellent info

thank you

excellent info

thank you
me and denzell worked on some strings and we know that kanos back 2 3, his back 1 1 2, and his f3 2 are interruptable. strykers back 3 2, and his standing 2 3 is interruptable. I believe u can punish jax's f4 1 3 with lao's x ray and whiffed f4 1 can be punished by a full combo as well. Quan's back 3 2 can be interrupted too. Sub's 2 1 4 can be x rayed and armored out of too I believe.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
How fast is Nightwolfs reflect?

I ask because is it quick enough to use on characters like Cage or Sub Zero that cancel their strings into projectiles?

EDIT: Well i've seen that like CSZ parry, reflect is 1 frame on start up. Would this work on a cage using ex projectile for a frame trap?
I think almost every string johnny has jails with ex shadow balls

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Ermac's B114 can be interrupted after a blocked jp. Also 312 can be interrupted if you crouch block it only. It jails otherwise. F114 can be interrupted also after a blocked jp.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Ermac Added thanks to Metzos :)
You should have seen my sad face yesterday when i jp'ed Nikollas's Sektor and tried to do B114. I simply got launched just for the fun of it. Dont you just love Sektor ?

EDIT: F114 can be interrupted in the second hit also. F11 are both true high hits.