What's new

Video/Tutorial "Insurance paid up?" HawkGirl BNB's (List/Videos)

Speh

Noob
Posting the 45% easy corner meterless combo right now so people can learn it while I make the video.

32 we2 b1 we3 b1 we3 f13 f13 we3
I think I found a bug when trying this combo out that I've noticed before when doing other corner combos involving b1, WE3 or f13's. You can cross yourself up when doing these combos on certain stages. Some stages that I found this happens on are the right side of Batcave: Crime Lab, the right side of Ferris Aircraft, the left side of Watchtower: Bridge, and the right side of Atlantis. Can someone else test this out just to make sure it's not just happening to me?

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
I think I found a bug when trying this combo out that I've noticed before when doing other corner combos involving b1, WE3 or f13's. You can cross yourself up when doing these combos on certain stages. Some stages that I found this happens on are the right side of Batcave: Crime Lab, the right side of Ferris Aircraft, the left side of Watchtower: Bridge, and the right side of Atlantis. Can someone else test this out just to make sure it's not just happening to me?
I can confirm this, it happened to me the first time I tried out the combo, on the right side of atlantis. That's an annoying bug.
Oh and combovideo coming, it's done, but I need to learn how to extend the goddamn music, dammiiit.

I've been looking for b23 combos since it's a good string, hits mid and is very hitconfirmable. New meterless:

b23, b2 xx MC = 27%

I can't land it consistently at all, it's just too hard so far. I suspect b23, kick (b1 or f1? can't remember...) might do more damage but I haven't managed to land that at all yet.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
B23 b1 4 2 mc, the timing is pretty tight though. Easiest one is b23 d2 mc.
And in the corner you can do b23 b1 we3 loop.

hecta

Noob
I accidentally bounce cancel when I try to do the b1, WE3 loops in the corner. It seems like hitting 123 acts like meterburn even though I see the input on the screen seperately.

Very confusing character yet satisfying once it succeeds.

Jon Berg

Noob
I've found that a lot of the corner combos are pretty tight for online, so i messed around and found these work pretty well with some input lag. Decent amount of slack. All three meterless and hit either overhead or low at some point.

b23, b1, bqc2(3), f13, f13~bf2 39%
b22~4 down slightley 2, bf2, f13, f13~bf2 42%
32~bqc(2), b1, bqc(3), f13, f13~bf2 40%

B23 b1 4 2 mc, the timing is pretty tight though. Easiest one is b23 d2 mc.
And in the corner you can do b23 b1 we3 loop.
Are you sure it's possible to b1 after b23 other than in the corner? I've been trying for a few days now and I can't do it - at this point I'm convinced it's not actually possible.

Edit: aaaaand as soon as I post that I start landing b1. Dammit!

4x4lo8o

Noob
Okay so I found a 45% combo midscreen for 1 meter that seems to work on every character, even if you have to be very close to the opponent, it can be useful! Oh and it ONLY works midscreen, in the corner b3 (or even f3) won't connect because you're too close to the opponent.

3 xx mass toss mb up shoulder, b3, j2, 123 xx mace charge 45%
It can be improved by replacing the j2 with a j3 and adding a f1 right before the mace charge, but it's much more difficult to do.
By adding f1 the combo will do 46%. By adding both j3 and f1 the combo will probably do something like 49%. I only managed to land the j3 123 once, failed landing the f1 though so I can't be sure.

I recorded it without the F1 at the end, 45% damages is the most practical version.
I don't think this combo works against Catwoman. I got really frustrated trying to get it to land it in training mode against her, but I started landing it really quick as soon as I changed characters

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
I've been looking for b23 combos since it's a good string, hits mid and is very hitconfirmable. New meterless:

b23, b2 xx MC = 27%

I can't land it consistently at all, it's just too hard so far. I suspect b23, kick (b1 or f1? can't remember...) might do more damage but I haven't managed to land that at all yet.
Yea I recorded a couple b23 corner combos I made up and will upload them soon.

I know there are slightly higher damage one's out there but more variety and options the better, right???

B23 22 22 F13 F13 MB :: 50% (36% without Super Move)
B23 22 F13 F13 F13 F13 :: 38%

4x4lo8o

Noob
Do all the combos in the first post still work? Some of them(like the 1~we(2) stuff) don't seem to link

If someone wanted to give me a more concise list of current Bnb's I'd really appreciate it

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Do all the combos in the first post still work? Some of them(like the 1~we(2) stuff) don't seem to link

If someone wanted to give me a more concise list of current Bnb's I'd really appreciate it
Why wouldn't they still work? lol..how is this not a concise list?

Jon Berg

Noob
Yea I recorded a couple b23 corner combos I made up and will upload them soon.

I know there are slightly higher damage one's out there but more variety and options the better, right???

B23 22 22 F13 F13 MB :: 50% (36% without MB)
B23 22 F13 F13 F13 F13 :: 38%
I think he was talking more mid screen b23 strings, in which case b23, b2, mc seems to be the best, although its a pretty tight string. Also worth noting that in this string you cant meter burn the MC, so if max damage is what you want the b23, d2, mc string with MB is better. Also I have never been able to meter burn a MC after a long string in the corner, and can't seem to replicate the first combo at all beause of it. Everything minus the meter burn is easy enough though.

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
I think he was talking more mid screen b23 strings, in which case b23, b2, mc seems to be the best, although its a pretty tight string. Also worth noting that in this string you cant meter burn the MC, so if max damage is what you want the b23, d2, mc string with MB is better. Also I have never been able to meter burn a MC after a long string in the corner, and can't seem to replicate the first combo at all beause of it. Everything minus the meter burn is easy enough though.
Sorry i meant the super move, not meter burn lol

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Was messing around in training and found a stylish variation of boodendorf's corner combo, it does 47% and gets people to hatemail you lol. You'd think me doing f13 x6 loops would get them angrier (superman's f23 nonsense pisses me off) but nooo they get mad at the hard stuff >__>

22 or 32 xx MC f13 b1 xx WE3 f13 f13 xx WE3

If there's a corner interactable You can do a 3rd f13 and cancel into a WE3 (whiffs) to put yourself in the corner and hit the interactable meaty (as seen in Dorf's HG 2nd combo vid). This does 2% less damage (45%) though but depending on the stage its usually worth it.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Why wouldn't they still work? lol..how is this not a concise list?
I might be doing it wrong, but when I try 1~WE(2) it doesn't combo. When set to autoblock the WE2 gets blocked. Some of the combo threads in other character threads have pre-day 1 patch combos that don't work anymore, so I wanted to make sure that wasn't the case with these. When the very first combo on list seems impossible to me I figure I'd rather ask and look like an idiot who can't do combos than go through list attempting a bunch of combos that don't work anymore.

The list is fine, it's just not particularly concise. For example, there's 9 different combos for the 123 starter. Nothing wrong with that, I'm sure for someone with a basic knowledge of the character looking for some more depth it's great. But as someone just picking up the character it would be more useful for me to be pointed towards a few of her most efficient combos. If someone said something like 'This combo and this combo are my most used combos midscreen, and in the corner I usually go for this combo' it would be tremendously helpful to getting me started and would save me a bit of time early on.
If no one wants to do that, that's cool - the list you have still lets me find what I need more quickly than just starting by scratch myself, but I figured there's probably someone reading the forum who knows the character well enough to easily rattle off what I was looking for off the top of their head

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Managed to get 56% off a 3 starter with 1 meter in the corner, can't manage to get more :/.
3 mace toss mb up shoulder 3 we3 b1 we3 f13 f13 [f13/we3]
Trying with we2 starter.

I might be doing it wrong, but when I try 1~WE(2) it doesn't combo. When set to autoblock the WE2 gets blocked. Some of the combo threads in other character threads have pre-day 1 patch combos that don't work anymore, so I wanted to make sure that wasn't the case with these. When the very first combo on list seems impossible to me I figure I'd rather ask and look like an idiot who can't do combos than go through list attempting a bunch of combos that don't work anymore.

The list is fine, it's just not particularly concise. For example, there's 9 different combos for the 123 starter. Nothing wrong with that, I'm sure for someone with a basic knowledge of the character looking for some more depth it's great. But as someone just picking up the character it would be more useful for me to be pointed towards a few of her most efficient combos. If someone said something like 'This combo and this combo are my most used combos midscreen, and in the corner I usually go for this combo' it would be tremendously helpful to getting me started and would save me a bit of time early on.
If no one wants to do that, that's cool - the list you have still lets me find what I need more quickly than just starting by scratch myself, but I figured there's probably someone reading the forum who knows the character well enough to easily rattle off what I was looking for off the top of their head
(I don't remember the exact % of dmg)
Best (practical and good damage wise) midscreen combos:
Easiest: we2 b1 4 2 mc 28%
Hardest: we2 123 j2 mc 30%

Corner:
Easiest:[b22/32/f11/12]we2 b1 we3 b1 we3 f13 f13 (we3/f13) 40%
b23 b1 we3 b1 we3 f13 f13 (f13/we3) 44%

4x4lo8o

Noob
Managed to get 56% off a 3 starter with 1 meter in the corner, can't manage to get more :/.
3 mace toss mb up shoulder 3 we3 b1 we3 f13 f13 [f13/we3]
Trying with we2 starter.

(I don't remember the exact % of dmg)
Best (practical and good damage wise) midscreen combos:
Easiest: we2 b1 4 2 mc 28%
Hardest: we2 123 j2 mc 30%

Corner:
Easiest:[b22/32/f11/12]we2 b1 we3 b1 we3 f13 f13 (we3/f13) 40%
b23 b1 we3 b1 we3 f13 f13 (f13/we3) 44%

Thank you, kind sir. Is we2 a good starter? I mean, is it something I should landing on it's own and starting combos with? I had expected it to be mainly a launcher for keeping them in the air once you've already landed a string. I haven't been using it much in the neutral game and am not sure how to land it

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Thank you, kind sir. Is we2 a good starter? I mean, is it something I should landing on it's own and starting combos with? I had expected it to be mainly a launcher for keeping them in the air once you've already landed a string. I haven't been using it much in the neutral game and am not sure how to land it
WE2 is HG's most practical starter. It's fast, is + on block, launches and hits overhead. You'll have to use it in your pressure if you want to open up people. Cancel normals in we2 when you're upclose is great. It also avoids most d1.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.

I hope I didn't come across as snarky. I'm just the type of player that likes to list ALL possibilities and what not because to truly master a character you have to know everything they possess and are capable of...even small combos from less used normals. Don't limit yourself by asking what you SHOULD use...if you are serious with HawkGirl just jump in the lab and start experimenting and learn her and find out what you like the most. One thing I'm finding is she isn't really combo dependent...I win the majority of my matches with bullying my opponent with stomp and mace charges. The string I find most useful is B23 or B22...her mix up string. ;)
Glad you are interested in this fabulous character!