What's new

Video/Tutorial "Insurance paid up?" HawkGirl BNB's (List/Videos)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Most of Hawkgirl's bigger combos are done in the corner, however she can survive by outzoning her foes easily if you know what you're doing.

I do however have a mid screen combo(can be done anywhere really) that does 54% nice combo but only works on certain character others are 40%-46%. Her mix ups imo are among the best in the game up close.

Most of Hawkgirl's bigger combos are done in the corner, however she can survive by outzoning her foes easily if you know what you're doing.

I do however have a mid screen combo(can be done anywhere really) that does 54% nice combo but only works on certain character others are 40%-46%. Her mix ups imo are among the best in the game up close.
Would you care to share these amazing combos?

Speh

Noob
I accidentally found that you can cancel a lot of things with MB B3/F3. Seems to be a universal thing with all characters. Some examples:

b1, MB b3
11, MB f3
3, MB b3 or f3 (have to cancel the first hit)
3, 2, MB b3 or f3
f1, 3, MB f3

You can get some especially wonky combos in the corner with this. I haven't found anything practical doing this but maybe someone smarter than me can :(

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
Can someone explain to me what the purpose of cancelling something is or the benefit of it? And hoe do you actually 'cancel' something? Thanks in advance, sorry for the stupid questions.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
Okay so I found a 45% combo midscreen for 1 meter that seems to work on every character, even if you have to be very close to the opponent, it can be useful! Oh and it ONLY works midscreen, in the corner b3 (or even f3) won't connect because you're too close to the opponent.

3 xx mass toss mb up shoulder, b3, j2, 123 xx mace charge 45%
It can be improved by replacing the j2 with a j3 and adding a f1 right before the mace charge, but it's much more difficult to do.
By adding f1 the combo will do 46%. By adding both j3 and f1 the combo will probably do something like 49%. I only managed to land the j3 123 once, failed landing the f1 though so I can't be sure.

I recorded it without the F1 at the end, 45% damages is the most practical version.
How do you get the forward Mace Toss to connect and do the upwards shoulder? Every time I do it, she throws the mace upward, following it.

regulas

Your Emporer
How do you get the forward Mace Toss to connect and do the upwards shoulder? Every time I do it, she throws the mace upward, following it.

The timing is a bit annoying. Basically you need to input mace toss like normal, and then press up and EX right as she releases the Mace, before that and the mace will shoot upwards, and afterwards and the EX may not trigger.

I should add, the thing that makes the timing so tight is that for the up shoulder to be worth it you have to be so close that the mace hits instantly (whereas you normally have the flight duration to activate MB)

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
It's very strange...I've been working on it myself...however once perfected this will be extremely essential in her ground game.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
So what the hell are you supposed to do when characters are just jumping and hitting buttons? (ie: Aquaman and Nightwing with their stupid jump normals)
it seems I have to be super exact with my spacing just to get people to not just jump like retards.. but thats way too much to beat something so mindless >__>;

Can we get anything off of anti-air d2? all i can get is another d2 xx MC

Also is there any use in MB Mace charge? aside from extra damage in combos..

So what the hell are you supposed to do when characters are just jumping and hitting buttons? (ie: Aquaman and Nightwing with their stupid jump normals)
it seems I have to be super exact with my spacing just to get people to not just jump like retards.. but thats way too much to beat something so mindless >__>;
Firstly, if jump-ins were extremely easy to counter, there wouldn't be much use for them, would there?

Second, there are a lot of options to punish or avoid every type of jump-in. The fact that counters to jump-ins are allegedly more difficult to execute than the jump-in itself is meaningless because at some point, both sides of the coin will become trivially easy to execute.

Third, fighting games are about putting your opponent in a bad position. If these things are putting you in a bad spot, why not use them yourself to reverse the advantage?

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
umm not really, it'll just mean that you need to actually think about when to jump and not just do it (a problem that SFxT had before v.2013)

My question was what can HG (when you're flying mainly) do if you know the opponent wants to jump and hit a button? mainly when theyre under you.

Also HG's jump-ins are pretty bad and her jump takes 10 years before she lands so you cant really do what the other characters are doing in that regard..

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
umm not really, it'll just mean that you need to actually think about when to jump and not just do it (a problem that SFxT had before v.2013)

My question was what can HG (when you're flying mainly) do if you know the opponent wants to jump and hit a button? mainly when theyre under you.

Also HG's jump-ins are pretty bad and her jump takes 10 years before she lands so you cant really do what the other characters are doing in that regard..
Hg's j1 is AMAZING, she has so many active frames on it, best air to air tool with air mc imo. What you can do if the opponent is under you while flying is either 2 or d3 if you see them jumping, air mc to flee back to a safe spot.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.

Can we get anything off of anti-air d2? all i can get is another d2 xx MC

Also is there any use in MB Mace charge? aside from extra damage in combos..
It depends on the character...but Aquaman and NightWing should NOT be giving you any trouble from the ground if you are correctly utilizing the space in the air. Stay full screen at peak height and chuck maces their way...and when they start jumping toward you just time a Mace Charge or do a D3 when they land under you...never hover mid screen (from the ground) unless you plan on doing a 2 or a 3 to knock them back...that's when she get's knocked out the easiest.

HushoftheWind

When's GGA!?
Okay so I found a 45% combo midscreen for 1 meter that seems to work on every character, even if you have to be very close to the opponent, it can be useful! Oh and it ONLY works midscreen, in the corner b3 (or even f3) won't connect because you're too close to the opponent.

3 xx mass toss mb up shoulder, b3, j2, 123 xx mace charge 45%
It can be improved by replacing the j2 with a j3 and adding a f1 right before the mace charge, but it's much more difficult to do.
By adding f1 the combo will do 46%. By adding both j3 and f1 the combo will probably do something like 49%. I only managed to land the j3 123 once, failed landing the f1 though so I can't be sure.

I recorded it without the F1 at the end, 45% damages is the most practical version.
Did you guys know you can start this combo off with -->1 and instead of s.3? meaning you can link mace throw off forward1.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Did you guys know you can start this combo off with -->1 and instead of s.3? meaning you can link mace throw off forward1.
There is no real point to that, 1 both does less damage than 3, and is slower to boot.

*edit*

oh derp you meant F1 didn't you I just glazed over the ->.
Well anyways that does work but since it hits high it might be not ideal anyways, there is literally no reason not to crouch block everything Hawkgirl if she is not airborne unless you see a B2.

Bolton

Noob
There is no real point to that, 1 both does less damage than 3, and is slower to boot.

*edit*

oh derp you meant F1 didn't you I just glazed over the ->.
Well anyways that does work but since it hits high it might be not ideal anyways, there is literally no reason not to crouch block everything Hawkgirl if she is not airborne unless you see a B2.
double negatives fucking with me. are you saying that there is every reason to crouch block vs hawkgirl? my problem is usually that i can't get them to crouch block enough...